Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Dr Kevorkian
Posted by: doc holiday232
Date: October 09, 2017 12:13PM
IF the Equinox Doesn't live up to the expectations,Dr. Kevorkian is going to be a busy fellow.

Re: Dr Kevorkian
Posted by: amberjack
Date: October 09, 2017 12:31PM
yes expectations are a dangerous thing, best to have none and be impressed than very high ones and be very let down...

AJ

Posted by: dbado1
Date: October 09, 2017 03:36PM
I'm of a different mind set. If you have high expectations of everything in your life, the universe tends to bring in to your life only the best of things. Because you are unwilling to accept anything but the best. If you set the bar low, to avoid disappointment, then you end up settling for the status quo just to avoid disappointment. It's much better, IMHO, to deal with a little disappointment here and there than to settle for a life of mediocrity. Disappointment can also lead to change for the better. If this detector is a disappointment...sell it! Then buy a better one! Then let Minelab know that we expect better.

Have no expectations of your kids and see how they turn out! They will be living in your basement when they are 40 demanding to know... "when is their dinner gonna be ready"!?

"Expect the best, prepare for the worst, and get ready to be surprised"! (I can't remember who said that)

Dean

Date: October 09, 2017 03:52PM
so if I expect someone to show up and knock on my door and hand me several million dollars that's how I should think? that's an expectation and while I may have it to date it hasn't happened :poke:

I think maybe expectation is not the right word for your explanation, maybe hard work and setting goals etc is more the method not just expecting things to happen?

so yeah head down ass up and the more I dig the luckier I get.

anyway I am a realist, lived on expectation most of my life and it didn't work for me all it did was set me up to fail..

maybe just words but they have meanings..

AJ

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2017 03:53PM by amberjack.

Posted by: Tyber0z
Date: October 09, 2017 04:08PM
What's the point of posts like this?

Date: October 09, 2017 04:30PM
expansion of the thinking mind, it helps one become a better detectorist as after all our brain is the final link in the detecting chain.

AJ

Date: October 09, 2017 04:33PM
or its just wasting time till this detector shows up :lmfao: cause there isn't much happening here ATM.

AJ

Date: October 09, 2017 05:19PM
We need to have realistic expectations. Some guy showing up and bestowing millions on me isn't realistic. You work hard because you have high expectations of yourself. Having high expectations of a metal detector to do as advertised is realistic. If they disappoint... they suffer. Not me. I already own some great detectors and will keep on truckin.

Also, goals without expectations would just be silly. Why even set them?
I always enjoy your input, AJ.

Dean

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2017 05:38PM by dbado1.

Date: October 09, 2017 05:42PM
I have no expectations of you seeing my point so therefore I am fine :clapping:

AJ

Posted by: Tyber0z
Date: October 09, 2017 06:02PM
"IF the Equinox Doesn't live up to the expectations,Dr. Kevorkian is going to be a busy fellow. "

Yes, this is a profoundly thought-provoking hypothesis.........

Date: October 09, 2017 06:08PM
seen the movie "you don't know Jack" its about him.. Good movie with Al Pacino .

AJ

Posted by: Ksdirt
Date: October 09, 2017 07:28PM
I think this forum is running out of things to talk about ...it's really amazing how much we have already talked about and even one post that was REMOVED..about the Equinox a metal detector that isn't even for sale yet...I love it,,,bring it on..

Date: October 09, 2017 07:32PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VH-tJSpkjA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh6BRYg0Uj8

AJ

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2017 07:37PM by amberjack.

Posted by: Ksdirt
Date: October 09, 2017 08:54PM
That's not exactly what I had in mine...but .....you could exaggerate like how you found a dime 3ft .down in iron infested mineralized soil with your bounty hunter?..:bounty:

Date: October 09, 2017 09:06PM
amberjack
I have no expectations of you seeing my point so therefore I am fine :clapping:

AJ

Ha! Well, I wouldn't want to disappoint you!:clapping:

Dean

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login