Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Upgrade software?
Posted by: Tyber0z
Date: October 10, 2017 09:18PM
Whitbey
Ksdirt
minelab said that could change down the line, but for now, no plans.......... do they mean the ones we buy now are going to be able to update..or an equinox II.....:shrug:

Your right we all have to wait for the Equinox 2.0 version. We are back again to Minelab policy just squeeze the money out of the consumers good old marketing policy, bring a cheaper unit on the market, and later improve with improved versions ( like Microsoft ) and we have our money back. I love Minelab, but I do not love their marketing policy, they just want our money and do not care if we have one or 4 improved versions of the Equinox version 1, Equinox vers.2 Equinox vers.3 , Equinox vers.4 and maybe like Windows 10 of Microsoft we will have in the future an Equinox version 10.

When has Minelab done what you're describing? Please provide a real example.

Date: October 10, 2017 10:27PM
greenmeanie
I have one of those feelings after the release there may need to be a UPDATE to the software on the Equinox.
Has anyone confirmed that we can UPDATE the Software like on the CTX yet?
I heard a few people say yeah but it would be nice if it was confirmed from someone that has one in hand for testing.
They days of having to send a Detector back for a Upgrade should be over like on the MXSport that was a horror show.

Why do you have that feeling? Can you substantiate your "feeling" or should we just dismiss this as a needless concern? I didn't update my E-Trac ever and it's still awesome. My buddy's Explorer II is awesome as well. What's the big deal? You haven't even used the machine yet...

Champ Ferguson
I have SOooo been waiting for someone to talk about Eq updates/model changes before the first machine is even released. Thank You.

My thoughts exactly.

Ksdirt
I talked with a dealer I deal with often and he says you can UPDATE the Software on the Equinox at home just like the ctx.... He knows what he's talking about ...:detecting:

Citation needed.

GONEHUNTIN
Minelab sent me this when I asked!- At this time the Equinox we will not be upgradeable, that could change down the line, but for now, no plans.

Citation needed. Either Minelab lied or the dealer referenced above doesn't "know what he's talking about". Or either you or Ksdirt lied. You pick.

Ksdirt
wow...don't no if that sounds good..have to call my dealer back...he said it would be like the ctx.....maybe he ment would they made it updatable...

Why do you take everything you read online for gospel?

horikindaguy
...come on Minelab, this capability is there already so why not finalize it for our consumption...

Literally no one here knows for certain whether the machine can be upgraded, and certainly no one knows WHETHER it would need to be upgraded. Stop pleading with Minelab to implement something we don't know the machine needs or lacks. Jesus Christ.

Ksdirt
minelab said that could change down the line, but for now, no plans.......... do they mean the ones we buy now are going to be able to update..or an equinox II.....:shrug:

Citation needed.

Whitbey
I wanted to preorder an Equinox 800, but after reading on this forum that you can not do a software update, I am going to wait till they come out with a new version which is updatable or wait six month or longer till all the software bugs are repaired.

Would hate to be stuck with a malfunction Equinox 800.

Fake news. Bad English. Possibly a troll here to poison the discussion about the Equinox. Notice how this user and Ksdirt feed off one another in this thread and the other thread on this topic. Notice how this user has a brand new account and has never posted here before today.

Whitbey

We found the first flaw in the new design of the Equinox, if minelab does not change this right now, I am going to wait with buying a Equinox 800 .
Wanted to preorder one, but after reading no firmware updates from home forget it no no no no no I am waiting and keep my money in my pocket and wait!

PS Minelab shape up and repair this flaw before you bring a new product on the market!

FAKE NEWS. You are stating, without a doubt, that there is a flaw with the machine when you have not even touched the machine, let alone operated one. You are FAKE NEWS.

Ksdirt
Yes I've got one paid for already..but might tell my dealer just hang on to my money till later and see if it comes out ready for updates if needed....what a blow..

:rofl:

Whitbey

Your right we all have to wait for the Equinox 2.0 version. We are back again to Minelab policy just squeeze the money out of the consumers good old marketing policy, bring a cheaper unit on the market, and later improve with improved versions ( like Microsoft ) and we have our money back. I love Minelab, but I do not love their marketing policy, they just want our money and do not care if we have one or 4 improved versions of the Equinox version 1, Equinox vers.2 Equinox vers.3 , Equinox vers.4 and maybe like Windows 10 of Microsoft we will have in the future an Equinox version 10.

Again, I ask you to provide an example of when Minelab has ever done the type of thing you're accusing them of planning to do with the Equinox. You are so transparent you are almost invisible, dude. You are here SOLELY to talk trash about the Equinox and Minelab. It's pathetic. Come back when you have something worth while to add to the discussion. Don't come back with more fake news.

Posted by: Whitbey
Date: October 11, 2017 05:43PM
Tyber0z
greenmeanie
I have one of those feelings after the release there may need to be a UPDATE to the software on the Equinox.
Has anyone confirmed that we can UPDATE the Software like on the CTX yet?
I heard a few people say yeah but it would be nice if it was confirmed from someone that has one in hand for testing.
They days of having to send a Detector back for a Upgrade should be over like on the MXSport that was a horror show.

Why do you have that feeling? Can you substantiate your "feeling" or should we just dismiss this as a needless concern? I didn't update my E-Trac ever and it's still awesome. My buddy's Explorer II is awesome as well. What's the big deal? You haven't even used the machine yet...

Champ Ferguson
I have SOooo been waiting for someone to talk about Eq updates/model changes before the first machine is even released. Thank You.

My thoughts exactly.

Ksdirt
I talked with a dealer I deal with often and he says you can UPDATE the Software on the Equinox at home just like the ctx.... He knows what he's talking about ...:detecting:

Citation needed.

GONEHUNTIN
Minelab sent me this when I asked!- At this time the Equinox we will not be upgradeable, that could change down the line, but for now, no plans.

Citation needed. Either Minelab lied or the dealer referenced above doesn't "know what he's talking about". Or either you or Ksdirt lied. You pick.

Ksdirt
wow...don't no if that sounds good..have to call my dealer back...he said it would be like the ctx.....maybe he ment would they made it updatable...

Why do you take everything you read online for gospel?

horikindaguy
...come on Minelab, this capability is there already so why not finalize it for our consumption...

Literally no one here knows for certain whether the machine can be upgraded, and certainly no one knows WHETHER it would need to be upgraded. Stop pleading with Minelab to implement something we don't know the machine needs or lacks. Jesus Christ.

Ksdirt

Citation needed.

Whitbey
I wanted to preorder an Equinox 800, but after reading on this forum that you can not do a software update, I am going to wait till they come out with a new version which is updatable or wait six month or longer till all the software bugs are repaired.

Would hate to be stuck with a malfunction Equinox 800.

Fake news. Bad English. Possibly a troll here to poison the discussion about the Equinox. Notice how this user and Ksdirt feed off one another in this thread and the other thread on this topic. Notice how this user has a brand new account and has never posted here before today.

Whitbey

We found the first flaw in the new design of the Equinox, if minelab does not change this right now, I am going to wait with buying a Equinox 800 .
Wanted to preorder one, but after reading no firmware updates from home forget it no no no no no I am waiting and keep my money in my pocket and wait!

PS Minelab shape up and repair this flaw before you bring a new product on the market!

FAKE NEWS. You are stating, without a doubt, that there is a flaw with the machine when you have not even touched the machine, let alone operated one. You are FAKE NEWS.

Ksdirt
Yes I've got one paid for already..but might tell my dealer just hang on to my money till later and see if it comes out ready for updates if needed....what a blow..

:rofl:

Whitbey

Again, I ask you to provide an example of when Minelab has ever done the type of thing you're accusing them of planning to do with the Equinox. You are so transparent you are almost invisible, dude. You are here SOLELY to talk trash about the Equinox and Minelab. It's pathetic. Come back when you have something worth while to add to the discussion. Don't come back with more fake news.

FREE SPEECH ,I LOVE IT
You must have a stake in the Minelab Company, if not they should hire you as their spoke person. You could even convince me to buy Equinox!:rofl:

Posted by: "Carolina"
Date: October 11, 2017 06:57PM
Whitbey: Please go away. You only sow decension among the thread based on your wild imagination. If this is your first day here I certainly hope it's your last. My freedom of speech.

MINELAB CTX 3030
MINELAB Excalibur II
MINELAB Excalibur 1000
MINELAB Excalibur Gold Sword
VALLON VMH3CS
WHITES Dual Field

Posted by: Champ Ferguson
Date: October 11, 2017 07:27PM
Kemper showed up and promptly got dumped over at TN this week. I'd be on the lookout for new folks stirring the pot for the sake of stirring.

Minelab CTX
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab Safari

Posted by: Tom_in_CA
Date: October 11, 2017 07:45PM
Tyberoz, Everyone here is giddy with wonder. So .... to foster dialogue , they throw out all sorts of musings. Just to be the devil's advocates, to get others to chime in, etc.... And .... so what if some make crazy musings, or are into conspiracies. Go after the actual data/musings and claims themselves. Not the individual person(s) doing the musings. We've all got our "quirks", now don't we ? haha

Date: October 11, 2017 08:20PM
Tom_in_CA
Tyberoz, Everyone here is giddy with wonder. So .... to foster dialogue , they throw out all sorts of musings. Just to be the devil's advocates, to get others to chime in, etc.... And .... so what if some make crazy musings, or are into conspiracies. Go after the actual data/musings and claims themselves. Not the individual person(s) doing the musings. We've all got our "quirks", now don't we ? haha

Tom, you're a good man, but trusting to a fault. Perhaps I'm too cynical, but these musings look ill-intentioned to me...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2017 08:20PM by Tyber0z.

Posted by: amberjack
Date: October 11, 2017 08:55PM
I am amused :bouncy:

AJ

Posted by: CCadrin
Date: October 11, 2017 09:09PM
I've develop software for over 32 years. Software always lags the capability of the chips that is why it is nice to have an updateable machine. Here is some other points about software. The actual language that the software is written can be updated and made faster. Therefore the software needs to be recompiled to take advantage of the new release. I've developed in C# version 3.0. In the pasted 3 or 4 years they are already up to 6.0. Besides new features things get optimized. And sometimes the new releases can take advantage of the capabilities of the chips.

My vote is to have an updatable machine.

Date: October 11, 2017 10:02PM
CCadrin
I've develop software for over 32 years. Software always lags the capability of the chips that is why it is nice to have an updateable machine. Here is some other points about software. The actual language that the software is written can be updated and made faster. Therefore the software needs to be recompiled to take advantage of the new release. I've developed in C# version 3.0. In the pasted 3 or 4 years they are already up to 6.0. Besides new features things get optimized. And sometimes the new releases can take advantage of the capabilities of the chips.

I don't know that anyone is saying it's not a good thing to be updatable. I'm just opposed to the people shouting and screaming about how the machine is DOOMED and Minelab is cheating us because they HEARD the Nox can't be updated.

:ukflag:Re: Upgrade software?
Posted by: JAN1
Date: October 12, 2017 04:37AM
Question?
As an SE Pro user which we are both on our last legs.
What is the use of being able to change the software on the Equinox.
I have been looking about purchasing a CTX but I think it would be heavy for me to use so I shall be looking into getting an Equinox but I am not a first adopter as I like to wait until all problems have been ironed out.

Posted by: CCadrin
Date: October 12, 2017 07:59AM
I would save your money on the CTX unless you plan to do saltwater hunting. For parks and relics there are better machines out there. But I also have to say a second machine can always complement another machines weakness. Also, the CTX is the best machine to id targets less than 7 inches. Once you go beyond that in my soil my other machine is deeper, even on silver.

Posted by: horikindaguy
Date: October 15, 2017 05:47PM
CCadrin

CTX was upgradable on release in 2012. One or 2 updates is all I recall along with user ideas thread totalling literally hundreds of good ideas for improvement, lol

so, I'd like it to be upgradable also but heck they may never release another update past day 1 release.

Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: October 17, 2017 02:10PM
Champ Ferguson
Kemper showed up and promptly got dumped over at TN this week. I'd be on the lookout for new folks stirring the pot for the sake of stirring.

damn, I missed it? That guy has REAL mental issues. Probably related to his coke arrest back in florida

Re: :ukflag:Re: Upgrade software?
Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: October 17, 2017 02:19PM
JAN1
Question?

What is the use of being able to change the software on the Equinox.

Because the engineers who design detectors don't foresee what and where we will use them, and all the accompanying problems to detecting our metal targets. For instance, the CTX upon release didnt work well on saltwater beaches. Once that flaw was found, they solved the problem and put out a new version of the software to make it better.

When companies are just churning out the same tech in new boxes, these problems are long ago sorted out. When the tech is new it's always possible it may need some tweeking. I'd rather download and do my own update than have to send it in to a repair center and wait a long time to get back to detecting.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login