Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Upgrade software?
Posted by: greenmeanie
Date: October 10, 2017 10:46AM
I have one of those feelings after the release there may need to be a UPDATE to the software on the Equinox.
Has anyone confirmed that we can UPDATE the Software like on the CTX yet?
I heard a few people say yeah but it would be nice if it was confirmed from someone that has one in hand for testing.
They days of having to send a Detector back for a Upgrade should be over like on the MXSport that was a horror show.

CTX 3030
TreasureTurf.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2017 10:48AM by greenmeanie.

Re: Upgrade software?
Posted by: Champ Ferguson
Date: October 10, 2017 11:29AM
I have SOooo been waiting for someone to talk about Eq updates/model changes before the first machine is even released. Thank You.

Minelab CTX
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab Safari

:detecting:Re: Upgrade software?
Posted by: Ksdirt
Date: October 10, 2017 11:38AM
I talked with a dealer I deal with often and he says you can UPDATE the Software on the Equinox at home just like the ctx.... He knows what he's talking about ...:detecting:

Re: :detecting:Re: Upgrade software?
Posted by: GONEHUNTIN
Date: October 10, 2017 12:22PM
Minelab sent me this when I asked!- At this time the Equinox we will not be upgradeable, that could change down the line, but for now, no plans.

Date: October 10, 2017 01:02PM
wow...don't no if that sounds good..have to call my dealer back...he said it would be like the ctx.....maybe he ment would they made it updatable...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2017 01:15PM by Ksdirt.

Posted by: GONEHUNTIN
Date: October 10, 2017 01:10PM
I said the same thing. If they are competing with the deus it would be nice to get an update every now and then on a detector! There is always something that can be improved upon for sure!

Posted by: horikindaguy
Date: October 10, 2017 02:10PM
If it were upgradable now, out of the box, Minelab could probably begin shipping sooner with the knowledge that
if there were any issues found later on, they could be easily rectified by the user AT HOME.

also, buyers would be less hesitant to wait a period of time prior to buying, knowing they could update and fix potential firmware issues, again AT HOME.

The update capability would also be especially nice for us Canadians who would otherwise have to ship to the states for repairs, a costly logistical nightmare.

come on Minelab, this capability is there already so why not finalize it for our consumption...

Date: October 10, 2017 02:54PM
minelab said that could change down the line, but for now, no plans.......... do they mean the ones we buy now are going to be able to update..or an equinox II.....:shrug:

Posted by: sgoss66
Date: October 10, 2017 03:16PM
Ksdirt --

I THINK they mean current ones could be updated -- SHOULD they need to do a software update at some point; should be easy to connect to a computer with USB charger through the "magnetic port," no?

Steve

Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Garrett ProPointer AT
Lesche hand digger
Lesche 38D "King of Spades"

Norman, OK

Posted by: ML
Date: October 10, 2017 03:19PM
Minelab.........updates??? Let's not go there... haha

Posted by: Whitbey
Date: October 10, 2017 06:33PM
I wanted to preorder an Equinox 800, but after reading on this forum that you can not do a software update, I am going to wait till they come out with a new version which is updatable or wait six month or longer till all the software bugs are repaired.

Would hate to be stuck with a malfunction Equinox 800.

Date: October 10, 2017 06:42PM
GONEHUNTIN
Minelab sent me this when I asked!- At this time the Equinox we will not be upgradeable, that could change down the line, but for now, no plans.

We found the first flaw in the new design of the Equinox, if minelab does not change this right now, I am going to wait with buying a Equinox 800 .
Wanted to preorder one, but after reading no firmware updates from home forget it no no no no no I am waiting and keep my money in my pocket and wait!

PS Minelab shape up and repair this flaw before you bring a new product on the market!

Date: October 10, 2017 07:00PM
Yes I've got one paid for already..but might tell my dealer just hang on to my money till later and see if it comes out ready for updates if needed....what a blow..

Date: October 10, 2017 08:47PM
Ksdirt
minelab said that could change down the line, but for now, no plans.......... do they mean the ones we buy now are going to be able to update..or an equinox II.....:shrug:

Your right we all have to wait for the Equinox 2.0 version. We are back again to Minelab policy just squeeze the money out of the consumers good old marketing policy, bring a cheaper unit on the market, and later improve with improved versions ( like Microsoft ) and we have our money back. I love Minelab, but I do not love their marketing policy, they just want our money and do not care if we have one or 4 improved versions of the Equinox version 1, Equinox vers.2 Equinox vers.3 , Equinox vers.4 and maybe like Windows 10 of Microsoft we will have in the future an Equinox version 10.

Posted by: amberjack
Date: October 10, 2017 09:10PM
sure they could make it updatable, but that's not really the concern is it, one update on ctx in over 5 years so making it updatable doesn't mean it will be updated.. :buds: they spent the update money on law suits that didn't work :lmfao: so you know I wouldn't worry to much if you like the detector buy it, if not there are other company's that sell updatable detectors that do issue updates more than once every 5 or more years :throw:

AJ

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login