Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Let us all ask Minelab to make the Equinox series Firmware upgradable
Posted by: Whitbey
Date: October 10, 2017 07:06PM
We should all unite and ask Minelab to make the Equinox series firmware upgradable over the internet!
I wanted to preorder an Equinox 800 ,but after reading you can not upgrade the firmware at home over the internet, I am not going to order one and will wait till all the software bugs are repaired even if I have to wait six month or longer. If Minelab would change this before they bring out the new Equinox series, I would buy one right away.

I thought Minelab said during their Equinox introduction that they heard us and made the Equinox to our specifications, Minelab we are asking you now to make the Equinox series firmware upgradable from our homes and put your money where your mouth is!!!!!!! We want the Equinox firmware upgradable before you bring it on the market at the end of December or in January and bring a perfect unit on the market, you still have enough time left!

Re: Let us all ask Minelab to make the Equinox series Firmware upgradable
Posted by: Ksdirt
Date: October 10, 2017 07:41PM
I am 100 o/o along with this...I have already paid my dealer and am going to have him hang on to my money now...I'll wait ...I hope like h,,,,LL they get this done ASAP......
Come on minelab do it right your so close ...don't blow it now....:rage:

I would certainly think that many are concerned about this, and have already posted your question to Minelab.
Posted by: Greg (E.Tn)
Date: October 10, 2017 07:41PM
I don't know how many machines are in various people's hands at the current time, but I'll bet that question has already been offered up by those people and others.

I fully agree with your concern, Whitbey. I'm also fairly certain Minelab reads what's posted on this forum, so hopefully, message received. :thumbup:

Date: October 10, 2017 08:09PM
I just sent this to minelab.........

Minelab...please ,,please ,please make the Equinox when it comes out to be able to do software updates....don't wait on this....read forums in findmall ...people including myself are backing off
Form buying since we learned you can't do updates when it comes out...this is terrible...DO NOT PUT THIS OFF....LOOK ON FINDMALL ...we are starting a topic on this ....we no you have the tech ....don't blow this ....please reply....:sadwalk:

Posted by: Bryan V
Date: October 10, 2017 08:15PM
I'm not backing off from my order.
I don't care about upgradable firmware. Would it be nice? Sure but no big deal to me.

Hopefully this campaign doesn't slow the release of the Equinox...

Bryan

Minelab E-Trac
Gold Monster
Amigo II 5.75
Cibola GB Mod
Golden uMax/Sweeper

Date: October 10, 2017 08:29PM
Ksdirt
I just sent this to minelab.........

Minelab...please ,,please ,please make the Equinox when it comes out to be able to do software updates....don't wait on this....read forums in findmall ...people including myself are backing off
Form buying since we learned you can't do updates when it comes out...this is terrible...DO NOT PUT THIS OFF....LOOK ON FINDMALL ...we are starting a topic on this ....we no you have the tech ....don't blow this ....please reply....:sadwalk:

We need more people like you! Let us all speak up and maybe Minelab will hear us consumers who buy their products, We want a good and whole Equinox not a half finished product ,we are paying for it and this time we want something gooooooooood!!!!!!!

Posted by: "Carolina"
Date: October 10, 2017 08:30PM
I'm curious how you paid your dealer when a firm price has not been nailed down? MSRP or MAP.

MINELAB CTX 3030
MINELAB Excalibur II
MINELAB Excalibur 1000
MINELAB Excalibur Gold Sword
VALLON VMH3CS
WHITES Dual Field

Date: October 10, 2017 09:09PM
I gave him my etrac with extra coils ,rods ,etc...which was in mint condition......He took it on trade for when it comes out...that's how much I want an Equinox plus some cash..one of the coils was the 13" altimate .....I think this should cover it...

Posted by: Tyber0z
Date: October 10, 2017 09:13PM
Another bizarre thread. No one here has even touched the machine and already we are talking about the NEED for it to be updatable and people are literally saying they won't get it unless it has that capability. You people live in cartoon world.

Posted by: amberjack
Date: October 10, 2017 09:15PM
plug and play baby nothing else matters :super:

AJ

Date: October 10, 2017 09:37PM
Tyber0z
Another bizarre thread. No one here has even touched the machine and already we are talking about the NEED for it to be updatable and people are literally saying they won't get it unless it has that capability. You people live in cartoon world.

We live in the twenty first Century and we need and want everything upgradable over the Internet, like your cell phones tablets and computers. Since the Equinox is just a small computer we want it upgradable. Would you want to buy a cell phone or tablet etc. If you could not upgrade the software? I do not think you would. XP Deus can do it and Minelab has it in one of their other detectors, why not on the Equinox it is just like any other cell phone or computer technology!

Well said Whitbey.N/T
Posted by: Greg (E.Tn)
Date: October 10, 2017 09:42PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Posted by: GONEHUNTIN
Date: October 10, 2017 09:43PM
I am still going to purchase the unit for me and my wife! I would say I like having my detector to be able to be updated! But hey look at the ctx 1 update really but that thing has found me alot through the years! If it’s good right of the shelf like the ctx and etrac then we won’t ever need an update! Still in my mind it would be great if they said hey let’s add a three tone option to the menu for our customers then boom there it is no having to send it off!

Date: October 10, 2017 09:59PM
amberjack
plug and play baby nothing else matters :super:

AJ

Yes and we also want some games on the Eguinox, for when we have to take a break from digging all those nails, bullets, pull tabs and all other junk out of the ground!:hot:

Posted by: keppy
Date: October 10, 2017 09:59PM
I really do not care if i can upgrade it myself or not. I will still get one .. Like others said here are some crying & complaining before it come's out.

North East ohio on lake Erie

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login