Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Let us all ask Minelab to make the Equinox series Firmware upgradable
Posted by: dbado1
Date: October 11, 2017 08:23AM
Yep! Thanks, Tyberoz!

I'm with Del, " You did what!?". Your dealer saw you coming from a mile away!! With " friends" like that who needs enemies! Unbelievable!!!

Dean

Posted by: Whitbey
Date: October 11, 2017 12:21PM
TyberOz
I must really have pulled some strings of yours and getting you in the defence for Minelab. You must be a Minelab dealer or work for Minelab or be a share holder of the company!
I LOVE THIS COUNTRY, where we have FREE SPEECH for everybody!!! . Did 3 tours in Irak for my country and never I have seen a Minelab in the field saving the lives of us Marines.
"MAKE THIS COUNTRY GREAT AGAIN. " AND BUY AMERICAN, Garrett, Fisher, Whites the way to go, and maybe an Aussie machine as back up!!!

PROUD TO BE AMERICAN AND TO HAVE SERVED MY COUNTRY!!!!!!

P.S. I LOVE FREE SPEECH and thank you for your comments Tyber0z!!

Posted by: coherent
Date: October 11, 2017 12:28PM
I think if the software updates are the most important issue to you, you should just go ahead and get a XP Deus. I'm sorry, but some of the posts I'm seeing regarding the new Equinox are a little silly to me considering it's not in the consumer's hands yet. Too early to even speculate some of the questions, "what if's" and concerns I've seen posted. I'm amazed at all the praise, bashing, likes, dislikes, comparisons and comments etc when nobody even has the final product yet. Relax. wait until it's finalized and out to end users and tested. Then I'm sure we will all be enlightened!

Posted by: Nuke em
Date: October 11, 2017 12:36PM
Whitbey
TyberOz
I must really have pulled some strings of yours and getting you in the defence for Minelab. You must be a Minelab dealer or work for Minelab or be a share holder of the company!
I LOVE THIS COUNTRY, where we have FREE SPEECH for everybody!!! . Did 3 tours in Irak for my country and never I have seen a Minelab in the field saving the lives of us Marines.
"MAKE THIS COUNTRY GREAT AGAIN. " AND BUY AMERICAN, Garrett, Fisher, Whites the way to go, and maybe an Aussie machine as back up!!!

Firstly . Well done 3 tours in Iraq . Respect.

As for Whites , Garrett and Fisher . and in fact any others in the UK where i am from , for me the machines i buy have to be exactly right for the beaches i search and other people obviously feel the same .
All the machines that have been made are good for something but many people like or love Minelabs for their detecting .
I cannot get along with many makes , tones or target i.d. or maybe the designs . And not all Minelabs tick my boxes either , The CTX is a big fat failure for me yet the ET and Explorers tick 90% of my boxes .
The Equinox might trump even them but thats to see.
Like many others i will praise any machine that does a job well and some i might slag to the hilt in the wrong mood .

As for minelabs in Iraq , cant comment on that . They do make Mine detectors but maybe the Countries that have them didn't go there ? Garrett makes them too but dont know about the other makes.
Budget might play into which type they have or preference ? or maybe trade deals .

Uses = Minelab E.Trac , Minelab Explorer 11 (might sell) , Minelab Explorer XS , Minelab Equinox 800 x 2 (ordered) , Garrett Probes , Gray Ghost/ Nugget Busters

Posted by: coherent
Date: October 11, 2017 01:36PM
Whitbey
As for minelabs in Iraq , cant comment on that . They do make Mine detectors but maybe the Countries that have them didn't go there ? Garrett makes them too but dont know about the other makes.
Budget might play into which type they have or preference ? or maybe trade deals .

Military contracts are based on pricing and normally bid, evaluated carefully and awarded. When possible small business and minority owned business and locally owned can get special consideration. Of course performance of the end product or task required is obviously the primary consideration, but if two were similar in performance, cost would become key along with the other factors. It's common for the U.S Government to source a product or service from a foreign owned company. Depending on the size of the contract and cost, you may have lobbyists, committees and a lot of politics involved which can really mess things up. Minelab may not have even bid on the contract to supply any detectors to the US Military. Detecting a hunk of metal the size of a mine or IUD would be something that is a fairly simple task for any detector, but doing so at distance, or from a drone or from the front or side of a vehicle or without the risk of initiating magnetic influence mines etc, etc are whole different specialized fields of detecting. I for one would prefer to see U.S Government purchases and bids fulfilled by U.S companies... but safety and quality/performance have to be pretty strong bottom line factors. (fwiw - just my 2 cents)

USAF Retired. Support our Troops!

Posted by: Tyber0z
Date: October 11, 2017 01:44PM
Whitbey
TyberOz

Let's unpack this, step by step.

I'm not speaking in defense of Minelab. I'm speaking in defense of rationality. You are being irrational. That's what I take issue with, not your stance on Minelab.

"You must be a Minelab dealer or work for Minelab" - that's a nice attempt to discredit me as being an astroturfer or shill, but you're wrong. I own a Minelab. I like Minelab. I have no stake in their success or failure.

"I love this country where we have free speech" - I love it too. And I'm allowed to disagree with you. I'm not infringing upon your rights, and you should expect your speech to get challenged, because people disagree.

"Did 3 tours in irak" - and I did mine in Afghanistan. What's your point? My military service has zero bearing on this conversation. Also, if you're American, why did you spell defense as "defence"? That's a non-US way of spelling it.

"Minelab in the field" - I never saw a whites, a Tesoro, an XP Deus, or a Garrett down range either. I saw a Belgian model...it was a Shepard, I believe. Four legs, attached to a human operator via a leash. Ever seen it? Because I saw a dog but not a Minelab, does that mean I should buy a dog instead of a detector? Of course I'm being hyperbolic, but look, the point is you never personally seeing a Minelab in the sand box doesn't have anything to do with this conversation.

"MAGA and buy American" - jingoism. I'm a proud American but I buy the superior product. That's free market capitalism. When Garrett makes a machine HALF as good as they do down-under, I'll buy it. You VERY OBVIOUSLY have an axe to grind.

You look completely unhinged at this point.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2017 02:02PM by Tyber0z.

Posted by: amberjack
Date: October 11, 2017 02:02PM
no doubt about those Aussies they just have the gear.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQrLPtr_ikE

AJ

Posted by: Architex
Date: October 11, 2017 02:18PM
IUD? I think those prevent disasters, not cause them. :rofl:

One Man's Trash...........is what I usually find.

XP Deus / CTX 3030

Where are the diamond rings?.............They said there'd be diamond rings !.

Posted by: Tom_in_CA
Date: October 11, 2017 02:21PM
He's just playing devil's advocate to get people riled up to comment . He's harmless :)

Posted by: Tom_in_CA
Date: October 11, 2017 02:53PM
Tyber0z
.... You people live in cartoon world.

Tyberoz, I agree that machines need-not-be-update-able. Example: My explorer II does just fine, and everything is "fixed" (nothing is up-date-able, blah blah). But when people muse things that others deem unnecessary or too-soon to-be musing, it doesn't mean they're "living in a cartoon world". They're just throwing out "what if?" type devil's advocate musings. To get the conversation going (as silly as it may be to others).

Posted by: amberjack
Date: October 11, 2017 04:07PM
I always wanted to play music as the threshold make life out in the field a bit more pleasurable or should I say :super:

AJ

Posted by: D&P-OR
Date: October 11, 2017 05:00PM
AJ-----How much to git to oz soon as ah git mah E8???Fine that gold!! It done have no threshold tho, do it??Thus here threads open to bout anything!
amberjack
I always wanted to play music as the threshold make life out in the field a bit more pleasurable or should I say :super:

AJ

Posted by: Dan(NM)
Date: October 11, 2017 08:40PM
Lol...Minelab has already provided a top of the line machine that has the ability to be updated, but, never offered an update. What makes you think they will provide updates on a machine 1/3 the cost of the CTX :confused: Just thinking out loud :)

Posted by: horikindaguy
Date: October 15, 2017 08:21PM
Dan(NM)
Lol...Minelab has already provided a top of the line machine that has the ability to be updated, but, never offered an update. What makes you think they will provide updates on a machine 1/3 the cost of the CTX :confused: Just thinking out loud :)
I believe the CTX was given 2 updates, one was shortly after release in 2012 as I recall. I also recall lots of update ideas put forth by users that were never acted on. There were never any show stopper problems for me when I used it.

I bought an Etrac having first heard about it when it had shipped! I put in my order immediately and as I recall the wait wasn't that long and I'm in Canada. I never had an issue with till the day I sold it (after I bought the CTX).

Great point Dan!!!
Posted by: silverseeker 2
Date: October 16, 2017 06:40AM
Still waiting for Ctx 3030 up-dates.
Minelab is a very deceitful company
and failed their loyal customers with
the production of a high cost machine
that FAILED on many customers with
their cheap parts and Leakers. As far
as the Equinox goes, Good luck on Minelab's
new Dream machine. I'll say one thing Minelab's
good at is Promoting Hype for those that
think they OWN the Best!!!
silverseeker 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login