Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Equinox coil questions
Posted by: Charles (Upstate NY)
Date: October 11, 2017 12:48PM
What size coil comes standard? It looks similar in size to Se Pro/eTrac/CTX coil. The coil is different, I spy 2 extra stiffening ribs center and the other 4 repositioned. Also noticed they flattened the front/rear of the coil. Anyone know how many pins the coil cable connector has??

Re: Equinox coil questions
Date: October 11, 2017 12:58PM
Minelab says launching with 6 inch, 11 inch, and 15x12. At least 3 frequencies in multi-frequency but they are not releasing details on that yet. I can anticipate swapping it onto an S shaft for ergonomics and so the cable isn't sticking up in the air so far between the handle and shaft. I'm wondering if there are any electronics in the coil hence my question on the number of pins on the coil cable connector.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2017 01:02PM by Charles (Upstate NY).

Posted by: Hello
Date: October 11, 2017 01:34PM
Do the coil ears look strong on these? a potential weak point on the standard x-terra coils, especially if it was cold and you accidentally leant on your detector

Date: October 11, 2017 01:38PM
Yes, it looks beefed up considerably vs the previous coil shell design.

Posted by: Hello
Date: October 11, 2017 01:54PM
:thumbup:
Charles (Upstate NY)
Yes, it looks beefed up considerably vs the previous coil shell design.

Posted by: Nuke em
Date: October 11, 2017 04:39PM
It comes with the 11 inch as standard and the others are extra .

The 600 version has 3 freqs and multi and the 800 has 5 freqs and the multi . I would think that the fact that the 600 has 3 and multi will mean that it will operate all 3 in multi and that means the higher model 800 will use all 5 it has in multi freq. Logical i think.

Uses = Minelab E.Trac , Minelab Explorer 11 (might sell) , Minelab Explorer XS , Minelab Equinox 800 x 2 (ordered) , Garrett Probes , Gray Ghost/ Nugget Busters

Posted by: CCadrin
Date: October 11, 2017 09:01PM
Nuke em

The 600 version has 3 freqs and multi and the 800 has 5 freqs and the multi . I would think that the fact that the 600 has 3 and multi will mean that it will operate all 3 in multi and that means the higher model 800 will use all 5 it has in multi freq. Logical i think.

I had read on one of the forums that the detector does not use the complete range of frequencies in multi-mode. You pick the type of hunting mode you want to run the machine and then it detector picks the best kHz to run in multi. For example the 40 kHz mode will be on for beach mode but not on relic mode. Of course none of the info can be confirmed until the machine is out,

Posted by: amberjack
Date: October 11, 2017 09:09PM
I want to see a couple mono's for this detector that would be nice...

AJ

Date: October 12, 2017 01:38AM
I still believe all freqs will be used , especially in beach mode. But if it works on the salt wet well then i will be happy .

Uses = Minelab E.Trac , Minelab Explorer 11 (might sell) , Minelab Explorer XS , Minelab Equinox 800 x 2 (ordered) , Garrett Probes , Gray Ghost/ Nugget Busters

Date: October 12, 2017 08:01AM
If it works in salt water and wet salt sand I'll probably sell the CTX.

Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: October 12, 2017 09:21AM
CCadrin
Nuke em

I had read on one of the forums that the detector does not use the complete range of frequencies in multi-mode. You pick the type of hunting mode you want to run the machine and then it detector picks the best kHz to run in multi. For example the 40 kHz mode will be on for beach mode but not on relic mode. Of course none of the info can be confirmed until the machine is out,

doesnt matter what you read on another forum. Minelab wont likely even reveal those details after its released. They've never officially disclosed exactly how FBS or FBS2 operates. I'm certainly not putting any faith in the words of a random person on the internet

Date: October 12, 2017 10:18AM
Jason in Enid
CCadrin
Nuke em

doesnt matter what you read on another forum. Minelab wont likely even reveal those details after its released. They've never officially disclosed exactly how FBS or FBS2 operates. I'm certainly not putting any faith in the words of a random person on the internet

I did not say i read it on a forum. I have been told by someone that it is as above. 3 freqs on the 600 and 5 on the 800 with the 40 also used for prospecting. 1 or more programs may be preset as single freq but i bet as i have seen on the videos you can choose which freq or freqs you can use . Like the Deus but with the ability to use all and i reckon the beach mode will have that as standard .
I wont bother saying anything if i think its not true and aren't forums about sharing thoughts and info ?

Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: October 12, 2017 04:51PM
Nuke em
Jason in Enid
CCadrin
Nuke em

I did not say i read it on a forum. I have been told by someone that it is as above. 3 freqs on the 600 and 5 on the 800 with the 40 also used for prospecting. 1 or more programs may be preset as single freq but i bet as i have seen on the videos you can choose which freq or freqs you can use . Like the Deus but with the ability to use all and i reckon the beach mode will have that as standard .
I wont bother saying anything if i think its not true and aren't forums about sharing thoughts and info ?

sorry nuke, that wasnt a response to you. I was responding to CCadrin's post, because he was quoting you in his post, it pulled you quote in along with his quote.

Date: October 12, 2017 04:58PM
Jason in Enid
Nuke em
Jason in Enid
CCadrin
Nuke em

sorry nuke, that wasnt a response to you. I was responding to CCadrin's post, because he was quoting you in his post, it pulled you quote in along with his quote.

:thumbup:

Date: October 12, 2017 05:18PM
The point I was trying to make on the number of frequencies is that it may not be all of the frequencies that the machine has an individual choice. It may be a subset. As people stated we never really knew what BBS and FBS is really doing. Just as long as it works we are all happy. The videos that I saw so far is impressive.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login