Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: 'Equiknocks'...sorry, Equinox coil questions etc....
Posted by: metalpopper
Date: October 18, 2017 05:44PM
Jason in Enid
CCadrin
Nuke em
It comes with the 11 inch as standard and the others are extra .

The 600 version has 3 freqs and multi and the 800 has 5 freqs and the multi . I would think that the fact that the 600 has 3 and multi will mean that it will operate all 3 in multi and that means the higher model 800 will use all 5 it has in multi freq. Logical i think.

I had read on one of the forums that the detector does not use the complete range of frequencies in multi-mode. You pick the type of hunting mode you want to run the machine and then it detector picks the best kHz to run in multi. For example the 40 kHz mode will be on for beach mode but not on relic mode. Of course none of the info can be confirmed until the machine is out,

doesnt matter what you read on another forum. Minelab w thatont likely even reveal those details after its released. They've never officially disclosed exactly how FBS or FBS2 operates. I'm certainly not putting any faith in the words of a random person on the internet

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hello Jason.

I think Minelab have already stated that the Equinox is a VLF detector?

Which suggests to me, that it is not related to, or uses FBs methodologies.

Don't people realise that the Equinox is produced to counter the DEUS's universal popularity?

It was the addition of 40 KHz to the DEUS, that was an intrusion into their niche market of nugget hunters.

So a law suit and a counter-strike is their market reclaim response.

I think they should have called it EXOCET , not equinox !

How about EQUIKNOCKS ?......matt

p.s. I'm not sure about coil details; just the visual impression of the forum picture.

Re: 'Equiknocks'...sorry, Equinox coil questions etc....
Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: October 18, 2017 07:24PM
metalpopper

Hello Jason.

I think Minelab have already stated that the Equinox is a VLF detector?

Which suggests to me, that it is not related to, or uses FBs methodologies.

Don't people realise that the Equinox is produced to counter the DEUS's universal popularity?

It was the addition of 40 KHz to the DEUS, that was an intrusion into their niche market of nugget hunters.

So a law suit and a counter-strike is their market reclaim response.

I think they should have called it EXOCET , not equinox !

How about EQUIKNOCKS ?......matt

p.s. I'm not sure about coil details; just the visual impression of the forum picture.

Well, you you should start by educating yourself with the Minelab press release about the EQ, then read what the ML rep says during the reveal at the detectival event, then finish by watching the videos of people who actually got to put their hands on one and use.

Re: Equinox coil questions etc....for Jason
Posted by: metalpopper
Date: October 23, 2017 09:50AM
p.s. I'm not sure about coil details; just the visual impression from the advert on forum's header......matt

Quote...Jason:-
Well, you you should start by educating yourself with the Minelab press release about the EQ, then read what the ML rep says during the reveal at the detectival event, then finish by watching the videos of people who actually got to put their hands on one and use.,,,,,,jason

Hi Jason !

From your informative reply, I can only assume that you have followed your own excellent advice and are now an expert....no?

So please indulge me and all the other folk who are asking sensible questions on the Equinox's functionality; especially what you know about the search-coils in the pipe-line for its eventual release. (Don't simply regurgitate the hype etc. I'm keen to know your expert interpretation of the types of coils on offer.)...matt

Re: Equinox coil questions etc....for Jason
Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: October 24, 2017 07:59AM
metalpopper
p.s. I'm not sure about coil details; just the visual impression from the advert on forum's header......matt

Quote...Jason:-
Well, you you should start by educating yourself with the Minelab press release about the EQ, then read what the ML rep says during the reveal at the detectival event, then finish by watching the videos of people who actually got to put their hands on one and use.,,,,,,jason

Hi Jason !

From your informative reply, I can only assume that you have followed your own excellent advice and are now an expert....no?

So please indulge me and all the other folk who are asking sensible questions on the Equinox's functionality; especially what you know about the search-coils in the pipe-line for its eventual release. (Don't simply regurgitate the hype etc. I'm keen to know your expert interpretation of the types of coils on offer.)...matt

you seem mad that I suggest actually researching before asking? Then you ask me to again give you the answer you didnt look up? These topics have only been discussed on this forum since the day it was revealed. :rolleyes:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login