Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
I think i will stay put my SAFARI does what i need!!!N/T
Posted by: sasquache
Date: October 12, 2017 05:12AM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2017 05:12AM by sasquache.

Re: I think i will stay put my SAFARI does what i need!!!
Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: October 12, 2017 09:27AM
so..... WTF was the purpose of your post? You just felt like coming onto the EQ forum to say you wont buy one.... sounds pretty trollish. Maybe we should all go to every detector sub-forum to say we wont be buying one of those too?

Posted by: Nuke em
Date: October 12, 2017 10:27AM
I am going to buy a Deus . :D . Like Hell i am . The Equinox is the one to get , no doubt.

As for not wanting to change from a Safari to an Equinox , thats up to them but it wont match the Equinox for speed in Iron infested site and the weight of the Equinox is much more relaxing .
I know that for sure after using the machines i have below.

Uses = Minelab E.Trac , Minelab Explorer 11 (might sell) , Minelab Explorer XS , Minelab Equinox 800 x 2 (ordered) , Garrett Probes , Gray Ghost/ Nugget Busters

Posted by: Tyber0z
Date: October 12, 2017 11:03AM
Another pointless post.

Date: October 12, 2017 11:28AM
Pointless to you . But if people thought that too much then there wouldn't be any at all and the forum would die.

If you want to see pointless posts read Facebook . The most pointless waste of space on Earth.

Uses = Minelab E.Trac , Minelab Explorer 11 (might sell) , Minelab Explorer XS , Minelab Equinox 800 x 2 (ordered) , Garrett Probes , Gray Ghost/ Nugget Busters

Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: October 12, 2017 12:09PM
Nuke em
I am going to buy a Deus . :D . Like Hell i am . The Equinox is the one to get , no doubt.

As for not wanting to change from a Safari to an Equinox , thats up to them but it wont match the Equinox for speed in Iron infested site and the weight of the Equinox is much more relaxing .
I know that for sure after using the machines i have below.

Hell for how light they are I figured you'd have the etrac in one hand and the Explorer in the other and hunt double fisted!:lol:

Date: October 12, 2017 12:21PM
Explorer XS in the left had , Explorer 11 in the right hand and for good measure the ET strapped to the left leg and an Equinox strapped to the right leg. :D

Posted by: greenmeanie
Date: October 12, 2017 04:27PM
If anything wouldn't he post it in the FORUM for safari's?

Jason in Enid
so..... WTF was the purpose of your post? You just felt like coming onto the EQ forum to say you wont buy one.... sounds pretty trollish. Maybe we should all go to every detector sub-forum to say we wont be buying one of those too?

CTX 3030
TreasureTurf.com

Posted by: D&P-OR
Date: October 12, 2017 05:34PM
Up to 11 days ago he had his Safari up for sale--and now it's the greatest thing since sliced bread?-----Strange!------I guess everybody is entitled to change their mind---but why post it here on the Equinox forum?

Date: October 12, 2017 05:45PM
People are getting frustrated at the amount of time that the Equinox is taking to be released.
Maybe Minelab should have launched it nearer the time of release? But then the Russians and Polish and others are doing video's on Youtube and that would have messed it up .
People are just going to have to be patient .

Date: October 12, 2017 06:55PM
Nuke em
People are getting frustrated at the amount of time that the Equinox is taking to be released.
Maybe Minelab should have launched it nearer the time of release? But then the Russians and Polish and others are doing video's on Youtube and that would have messed it up .
People are just going to have to be patient .

I don't see why they'd be frustrated. This is pretty common for product announcements and releases. The iPhone X won't be available until late October, despite being announced in early September, and that's Apple. Video games get announced years before they are released. Cars get announced a half year before release. The Tesla Model 3, however, has been reserveable for over a year and people won't receive theirs until Mid-2018 at the earliest. The AT Max was announced months before it was available for purchase. This is normal.

Everyone who wants a Nox or is considering purchasing a Nox is anxious to know more about it. I definitely want to try one myself. That's understandable. But what we are seeing is more than just frustration. There's a good number of people that interpret everything negatively, or jump to wild conclusions based on little evidence. That's not frustration, it's something else. Someone taking time out of their day to come to a forum dedicated to the Equinox ONLY to tell us he does not want an Equinox...that just doesn't make sense. What would make sense is if he posed a question, such as "Why should I consider ditching my Safari for the Equinox?", or "What advantages might the Equinox have over my Safari", or even "I'm not convinced the Equinox is better than my Safari, am I wrong?". THOSE are discussions worth having! Those are the posts we should get. Instead, we get really lame troll attempts to invite people. It's pathetic.

For those of you that don't interpret the original post as I'll-intentioned or malicious, I commend you for being more receptive and less cynical than myself. But I'd ask you to look at all the discussions that have popped up about the Equinox, and critically examine some of the posts and the users making them, and you might just see a pattern. And yes, that includes users like me, who seem to only defend the Equinox. We exist too. I'd argue, however, that I'm not defending the Equinox or Minelab as much as I am challenging the people posting nonsense.

Posted by: Tom_in_CA
Date: October 12, 2017 07:22PM
Tyberoz : You and I are friends. You've been patient with me, and I've been patient with you. I love your passion for wanting to excel at md'ing, the related tech, and your research for sites. But I must agree with Nuke-em : Think about the tone of how you are responding to various people. Re.: this new machine. Sure you might consider someone's input "lacking". And ... heck ... you may even be right (that's not the point). But ... perhaps you could tone down the subtle pokes at people intellect, intentions, etc.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2017 07:32PM by Tom_in_CA.

Date: October 12, 2017 07:34PM
Tom_in_CA
Tyberoz : You and I are friends. You've been patient with me, and I've been patient with you. I love your passion for wanting to excel at md'ing, the related tech, and your research for sites. But I must agree with Nuke-em : Think about the tone of how you are responding to various people. Re.: this new machine. Sure you might consider someone's input "lacking". And ... heck ... you may even be right (that's not the point). But ... perhaps you could tone down the subtle pokes at people intellect, intentions, etc.....

K

Date: October 13, 2017 05:17AM
Thank you Tom

Date: October 13, 2017 05:21AM
No jason just read alot on the new unit and figured i would add and post the way i felt no negative bs intended.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login