Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: My god... Your all like a bunch of old women.
Posted by: Tom_in_CA
Date: October 16, 2017 10:22PM
You're just passionate. And don't like small-talk frivolities, haha

Posted by: Tyber0z
Date: October 16, 2017 10:59PM
I only like small talk in romantic situations, as you know quite well, Thomas.

Posted by: 6000proxl
Date: October 16, 2017 11:14PM
Well stated Champ

Posted by: sasquache
Date: October 17, 2017 05:10AM
I 100% agree crK2.

Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: October 17, 2017 06:01PM
crk2
Reading through this post, I had to laugh. The hen house has been around forever. The same kind of speculation and second guessing has probably been going on for centuries. I can picture a group of Egyptians sitting around a campfire all talking about the new war chariot, Amontep's Chariot Inc is talking about releasing for the next season's war games. Faster, lighter, wide wheels with 2 scythes on each hub, with 2 arrow pockets instead of one, a cup holder on each side, candy apple red paint job, 4 horse power...
Apple releasing the new iPhone XII, Intel releasing a 96 core dual processor with a four on the floor with a high speed data shifter, Henry Ford is building a Model A, what's the specs. it does what????
It's the speculation on what, insert name of product, might, can, will, should, oughta, coulda, do that makes all of us start a conversation about, I gotta, wanna have to have or I'll hold my breath til I turn blue. It's fun to speculate, it gives us something to think and talk about.

Until the product is released and real life use in the field data is available, we really are just looking at speculative data. The testers are working with golden candidate equipment that is still in final testing stages, tweaks will happen, fine tuning will be done.

Meantime I'll sit back and read, speculate, dream, and drool over the next biggest, baddest, fastest, deepest detector coming soon to dealer near me.

Yep, this is how the regular members here see the situation. Then there are the people who scream that every tester / review is a company shill, the people who cry that it's impossible to be high quality based on its price, and that if it doesnt have XXX feature then we are all being screwed by minelab. Lastly you have the plain old minelab hater who come in only to trash the company and everything they do.

Unfortunately there are trolls here trying to cause problems while the rest of us just want to guess and speculate and wait.

Posted by: Southwind
Date: October 17, 2017 06:17PM
Now we can't leave out those self-proclaimed psychologist who get their jollies by pretending they have the ability to analyze all the posters and know why they do what they do, what they're thinking and what they will do in the future.

They really are probably far more entertaining than the others.

The real treasure is in the hunt...

Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: October 17, 2017 07:27PM
Southwind
Now we can't leave out those self-proclaimed psychologist who get their jollies by pretending they have the ability to analyze all the posters and know why they do what they do, what they're thinking and what they will do in the future.

They really are probably far more entertaining than the others.

Is there a sign up sheet for this? :devil:

Rich (Utah)

enjoying the vistas and horizons of the Old West.

Date: October 17, 2017 11:11PM
amberjack
I would go a step further Location, (detector detectorist).

no one can find something that's not there its impossible so spot is always 1st no butts :biggrin:

I used to say then detector 2nd and detectorist 3rd and that still applies although I have now put them as equal 2nd and tomorrow it will be back to the detector 2nd detectorist 3rd...

and there is only one of each like tennis only one best player and so that's why the detector is 2nd as much as we would like to think we are number one that spot only belongs to one detectorist and hence why a lot of us are looking for the best detector :detecting:

just my thoughts on this matter and if you disagree then get out there and get some more practice in :buds:

AJ

AJ,

I have to agree that as time goes by and more areas become heavily searched the capabilities of the equipment become more and more important. I guess I should have included a slice of LUCK along with the rest. They say it is always better to be lucky than good. :bouncy:

Rich (Utah)

Posted by: Southwind
Date: October 18, 2017 05:55AM

LOL @ Rich

I'm going on 50 years swinging a detector now and if there is one think I've learned its that detector does matter.

I understand the whole master your detector concept, but I've never agreed that it was the better of the options one needs to address. I put having the right detector above learning what you have. Again, don't take that wrong, pitting someone who has mastered their detector will, in most cases, have more success than a novice with a high dollar detector. But, that isn't always the case. I've seen it first hand many times.I don't care if you've been hunting 100 years and designed your own detector, if that detector can only get 6" and you give the average detectorist the E-Trac/CTX and put them in our city park they are going to get their a$$ kicked by the average hunter. Period. No question about it. You're only as good as the detector you swing. And that is at your best. A master. So yes derector does matter.

Like myself, I think there are some of us who are always looking for that new tech that will get even an inch more. Yes I get very excited at the idea of a detector that may only give me an inch more. In my hunted out town that equates to at least a few more years of pulling goodies from my favorite sites. I've done it so many time over the years. I get a new detector that gives me just an inch more usable depth and my old sites come alive once again. I see the NOX as potentially one with that new tech that could get me another inch. I could be completely wrong, but I could be right. I haven't seen anything else with the same potential.

I can't speak for anyone else but for myself the E-Trac/CTX sets the standard for deep coin detectors. I've tried them all and in my case there is just nothing yet that can compare to the E-Trac/CTX's ability to send you home with more old keeper coins. That is why the Equinox has people so excited in my opinion. Given what Minelab has done so far. People are not being swayed by the hype like every other new detector puts out, but by the reputation Minelab already has to back it up.

The real treasure is in the hunt...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2017 06:06AM by Southwind.

Posted by: amberjack
Date: October 18, 2017 06:45AM
agreed expectations are high, no pressure minelab :yo: maybe release dates will keep getting pushed back as expectations rise :shrug:

hope they have a high IQ.

AJ

Posted by: sgoss66
Date: October 18, 2017 08:53AM
Southwind

LOL @ Rich

I'm going on 50 years swinging a detector now and if there is one think I've learned its that detector does matter.

I understand the whole master your detector concept, but I've never agreed that it was the better of the options one needs to address. I put having the right detector above learning what you have. Again, don't take that wrong, pitting someone who has mastered their detector will, in most cases, have more success than a novice with a high dollar detector. But, that isn't always the case. I've seen it first hand many times.I don't care if you've been hunting 100 years and designed your own detector, if that detector can only get 6" and you give the average detectorist the E-Trac/CTX and put them in our city park they are going to get their a$$ kicked by the average hunter. Period. No question about it. You're only as good as the detector you swing. And that is at your best. A master. So yes derector does matter.

Like myself, I think there are some of us who are always looking for that new tech that will get even an inch more. Yes I get very excited at the idea of a detector that may only give me an inch more. In my hunted out town that equates to at least a few more years of pulling goodies from my favorite sites. I've done it so many time over the years. I get a new detector that gives me just an inch more usable depth and my old sites come alive once again. I see the NOX as potentially one with that new tech that could get me another inch. I could be completely wrong, but I could be right. I haven't seen anything else with the same potential.

I can't speak for anyone else but for myself the E-Trac/CTX sets the standard for deep coin detectors. I've tried them all and in my case there is just nothing yet that can compare to the E-Trac/CTX's ability to send you home with more old keeper coins. That is why the Equinox has people so excited in my opinion. Given what Minelab has done so far. People are not being swayed by the hype like every other new detector puts out, but by the reputation Minelab already has to back it up.

Outstanding post, Southwind. I couldn't agree more with everything you said. Excellent.

Steve

Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Garrett ProPointer AT
Lesche hand digger
Lesche 38D "King of Spades"

Norman, OK

Posted by: Buddy_TX
Date: October 18, 2017 01:16PM
All i want to know is does it have a waterproof headphone connection? see all kinda of wireless info (wireless is usless in the water). if the unit is waterproof where is the headphone connection?

AT MAX
AT PRO
Detector Pro Wader, 8" and 10"
Detector Pro Pirate Pro
Tesoro Stingray
Fisher 1280x
Whites Amphibian and Surfmaster TR
Tesoro Silver saber
Tesoro Golden Saber II
Garrett S-1, S-2, S-3 TRs
Compass Q.
Silver Turtle
TR Turtle
VLF Turtle
and a few odd balls in the back of the closet

Date: October 18, 2017 03:37PM
looked like there is some sort of screw in connection on the back of the unit it will be some obscure connector that is super hard to find so you will have to buy the phones off minelab as per ctx-sdc etc..

Date: October 18, 2017 04:20PM
amberjack
agreed expectations are high, no pressure minelab :yo: maybe release dates will keep getting pushed back as expectations rise :shrug:

hope they have a high IQ.

AJ

Looks like mid-December will be the time. Saw this in the Metal Detector Classified Section -

windycitydetectors
Thanks to all who put their name on the list, you can be assured you are getting your Equinox at the best price on the net.
We are closing the list due to the large number of people that have joined and do not want to disappoint anyone.
Minelab is expecting to release them by Mid December and anyone that is on our list will be updated as to any changes.
We will be accepting new orders once our preorders have been filled.
Ron

Rich (Utah)

Date: October 18, 2017 05:28PM
good to know. thanks Rich.

AJ

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login