Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
What is Muti-IQ
Posted by: sube
Date: October 15, 2017 02:50PM
First post on the new forum Muti-IQ it's totally new not BBS or FBS
(the time or date (twice each year) at which the sun crosses the celestial equator, when day and night are of equal length (about September 22 and March 20).
another term for equinoctial point Well that's what EQUINOX means.

Did they finally make a pulse muti freq vlf some people say it's deeper than the 3030 might be if it runs pulse for ground and muti freq vlf for disc at the same time if you look at what equinox means . So no numbers for fe why would you need them pulse ignores iron ground minerals maybe they actually got rid of the iron and don't need that as part of the ID anymore . Now as to speed if you get rid of the iron then the processor only has to deal with the id of the target making it much faster .The big one dose it false on iron .

Remember this is new not BBS OR FBS only time will tell. sube

Re: What is Muti-IQ
Posted by: dbado1
Date: October 15, 2017 03:46PM
Hey Sube,
I don't believe that it's pulse at all. THAT would set the gold prospecting community on its ear! Us nugget shooters would love that and, as such, I believe Minelab would have introduced it differently. I'm not sure that, at this point, anybody really knows what it is yet ( I dont) but I don't think that it is pulse. Just my guess.

Dean

Posted by: lytle78
Date: October 15, 2017 05:00PM
Not pulse. Simultaneous multi - and selectable single frequency VLF IB detector.

A combination no one has offered before. How will it work out - we’ll know in about 6 months after the first enthusiasts get ther hands on it and furnish their myriad and conflicting use reports.

Rick Kempf

Posted by: SteveP(NH)
Date: October 15, 2017 05:28PM
"Not pulse. Simultaneous multi - and selectable single frequency VLF IB detector.

A combination no one has offered before."

I don't believe that is accurate. The White's DFX which came out eons ago was a two frequency machine (3 and 15 Khz I believe) and you can set it to operate on either of the frequencies as a single frequency machine or use both as a multi-frequency unit. It also has an interesting mixed mode where you could have one frequency running in all metal mode and the other in discrimination mode and you would hear one frequency in one ear and the other frequency in the other ear.

White's current V series detectors, the V3i and the VX3 operate on 3 frequencies (3, 15, and 22.5 I believe) and they too can be set to just use a single frequency or all three. The other thing about the display of the V series is that you see the output of each frequency separately on the meter, so low conductors for instance hit harder on the 22.5 than the 3 khz or vice versa for silver. These White's machine are all narrow band rather than broad band system so each frequency is received and processed separately from the other frequencies. The V series machines have color displays and each frequency is displayed on the same graphs but in different colors, red, blue and green.

I'm very interested in the Equinox's though. They look life very nice machines..

I always thought highly of my Explorer and my Explorer SE Pro though both were pretty heavy for me. The Equinox's look nice and light.

I would be interested to find out if the Multi-Q system receives and processes each frequency separately from the others or if they are all combined and processed together.

Posted by: Architex
Date: October 15, 2017 07:32PM
Near as I can tell from diagrams I saw, It's kind of like a graph of return signals only in 3D. As far as I know every detector has done 2D but no one has done 3D. Google it and see what you think.

One Man's Trash...........is what I usually find.

XP Deus / CTX 3030

Where are the diamond rings?.............They said there'd be diamond rings !.

Hello sube. Enjoy reading your posts on the other forum.N/T
Posted by: Greg (E.Tn)
Date: October 16, 2017 04:45PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Re: Hello sube. Enjoy reading your posts on the other forum.
Date: October 16, 2017 05:30PM
Steve - you’re absolutely right - heck - I even had a v3i.... Oh well,

Rick Kempf

Re: What is Muti-IQ...something a few posters are short of ?
Posted by: metalpopper
Date: October 17, 2017 06:25PM
lytle78
Not pulse. Simultaneous multi - and selectable single frequency VLF IB detector.

A combination no one has offered before. How will it work out - we’ll know in about 6 months after the first enthusiasts get ther hands on it and furnish their myriad and conflicting use reports.

lytle.....
What have whites been selling for the last few years ???V??3??i?

Re: What is Muti-IQ...something a few posters are short of ?
Date: October 17, 2017 06:29PM
Metalpopper - guess you missed my post just above yours...

Yeah, I forgot that one - interesting thing about that brain f**t on my part is that I was an early adopter of the V3 - I had a “Vision” before the name change - paid full retail.

It’s hell to get forgetful!

Rick Kempf

Re: What is Mu ti-IQ
Posted by: sube
Date: October 17, 2017 08:26PM
In regard to my first post let's forget pulse .

Simultaneous multi
It's not multi -frequency it's simultaneous multi would that mean it's running 2 different sets of multi- frequency (one rejecting the ferrous part of the signal) and (one figuring out what the conductive value of a target is at the same time) which is why the ferrous part of the target is not displayed giving better ID without combining the ferrous signal with the conductive part . Hmmm ? sube

Re: What is Mu ti-IQ
Posted by: brother steve
Date: October 17, 2017 09:12PM
I think you nailed it sube. That would explain a lot .

Posted by: sgoss66
Date: October 17, 2017 11:20PM
sube --

No idea, since Minelab isn't telling us, how "Multi-IQ" works. I do think there is something going on to deal with ground (more than just ground balance), and something to indicate/identify iron, but no idea what. But I am not sure they are running "pairs" of multiple frequencies. Simultaneous multi-frequency just means, unless I am mistaken, that it runs more than one frequency at a time. It is trying to differentiate between a machine that CAN RUN a number of different frequencies, but can only run one of them at a time. The "simultaneous" word means that the machine is capable of running not ONLY multiple single frequencies (5, 10, 15, 20, etc.), but it can ALSO run at least two (if not more) of those frequencies at the same time (if in "Multi" mode). I don't think they are trying to say that they are running multiple SETS of multiple frequencies simultaneously. BUT, I haven't seen anything to rule that out as a possibility either.

Anyway, none of us know how Multi-IQ works, but I tend to think you are hitting somewhere at least in the vicinity of the target...

Steve

Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Garrett ProPointer AT
Lesche hand digger
Lesche 38D "King of Spades"

Norman, OK

Posted by: metalpopper
Date: October 18, 2017 01:38AM
sube
(the time or date (twice each year) at which the sun crosses the celestial equator, when day and night are of equal length (about September 22 and March 20).

Did they finally make a pulse muti freq vlf some people say it's deeper than the 3030 might be if it runs pulse for ground and muti freq vlf for disc at the same time if you look at what equinox means . So no numbers for fe why would you need them pulse ignores iron ground minerals maybe they actually got rid of the iron and don't need that as part of the ID anymore . Now as to speed if you get rid of the iron then the processor only has to deal with the id of the target making it much faster . Nonsense.
The big one dose it false on iron .

?????????????????????????????????????????

Hi Sube !

Note the highlighted / underlined part of your post (quote}.

(1) My reply to that statement is:- 'Pulse' doesn't ignore the effect of FERROUS.
(2) Note the fact also, that the search-coil illustrated on the Equinox, appears to be a normal Induction Balanced DD design,
.......which also DOESN'T IGNORE THE EFFECT OF IRON/FERROUS.

What's the crap about "You don't need the FE part of a target's ID?

"What the hell is the significance of the PLUS and MINUS then"?

With respect Sube; you need to spend more time on learning about the basics, rather than posting questionable 'facts' of the physics involved in metal detecting.....matt

Posted by: Nuke em
Date: October 18, 2017 02:21AM
metalpopper
sube

Did they finally make a pulse muti freq vlf some people say it's deeper than the 3030 might be if it runs pulse for ground and muti freq vlf for disc at the same time if you look at what equinox means . So no numbers for fe why would you need them pulse ignores iron ground minerals maybe they actually got rid of the iron and don't need that as part of the ID anymore . Now as to speed if you get rid of the iron then the processor only has to deal with the id of the target making it much faster . Nonsense.
The big one dose it false on iron .

?????????????????????????????????????????

Hi Sube !

Note the highlighted / underlined part of your post (quote}.

(1) My reply to that statement is:- 'Pulse' doesn't ignore the effect of FERROUS.
(2) Note the fact also, that the search-coil illustrated on the Equinox, appears to be a normal Induction Balanced DD design,
.......which also DOESN'T IGNORE THE EFFECT OF IRON/FERROUS.

What's the crap about "You don't need the FE part of a target's ID?

"What the hell is the significance of the PLUS and MINUS then"?

With respect Sube; you need to spend more time on learning about the basics, rather than posting questionable 'facts' of the physics involved in metal detecting.....matt

Again people are thinking this machine is going to be a top end machine when in actual fact it is a replacement for the X.Terra series.
It is obviously that, same but straight coil , similar tones and numbers , same arm cup , NEW coil , new control box and they have listened to me i think by putting multi freq onto the machine.

Its not a CTX or ET . But the Equinox may be very close or better in some ways than the CTX or ET .
I used the Terra 705 for over 6 years on beaches and in ways it out performed the ET i have and in others it doesn't.

The Equinox might be good or great but it hasn't and wont have all the bells and whistles the other top end machines have or it would be twice the price.

It does show though that people are not happy with their present machines or they would be content and not trying to make this new machine something it ain't.

Uses = Minelab E.Trac , Minelab Explorer 11 (might sell) , Minelab Explorer XS , Minelab Equinox 800 x 2 (ordered) , Garrett Probes , Gray Ghost/ Nugget Busters

Posted by: "Carolina"
Date: October 18, 2017 03:58AM
My thoughts are, if it was really " new technology" it would cost a whole hell of a lot more than this. Same old technology,new expression, new package!

MINELAB CTX 3030
MINELAB Excalibur II
MINELAB Excalibur 1000
MINELAB Excalibur Gold Sword
VALLON VMH3CS
WHITES Dual Field

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login