Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Dear Minelab..PLEASE put a clock on the Equinox..PLEASE!
Posted by: nagant
Date: October 20, 2017 01:59PM
This has to be the silliest topic I've ever seen. Right up there with AR15 accessories.

Posted by: Architex
Date: October 20, 2017 02:10PM
The clock could be set by the GPS when you turn the machine on.

One Man's Trash...........is what I usually find.

XP Deus / CTX 3030

Where are the diamond rings?.............They said there'd be diamond rings !.

Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: October 20, 2017 02:48PM
The CTX does have the option of setting the clock by GPS, by that requires chosing that option and also having GPS turned on (plus it takes several minutes to get satellite lock). I havent paid attention to the clock in so long, I couldn't say if its time is correct on powerup every time. If it does, then it has to have an internal battery (typically a watch type battery). That wouldnt be needed to store settings and most electronics have moved to static data storage, like a built in thumb-drive.

Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: October 20, 2017 05:24PM
Jason in Enid
The CTX does have the option of setting the clock by GPS, by that requires chosing that option and also having GPS turned on (plus it takes several minutes to get satellite lock). I havent paid attention to the clock in so long, I couldn't say if its time is correct on powerup every time. If it does, then it has to have an internal battery (typically a watch type battery). That wouldnt be needed to store settings and most electronics have moved to static data storage, like a built in thumb-drive.

Thanks Jason that makes sense that it would store the backup like that,I wasn't thinking along those lines.

Date: October 20, 2017 05:28PM
Beyonder
how about a blood pressure monitor and a barometer?

I could use the blood pressure monitor,especially on those deep Indians that are really rotted Zincolns...:lol:

Date: October 20, 2017 05:34PM
nagant
This has to be the silliest topic I've ever seen. Right up there with AR15 accessories.

THE silliest? Cmon now! You haven't read the REST of the forum,have you?
What I'm saying is...it's SO simple to add the clock,even if 10% of people ever use it. That way I don't need to carry my phone to know the time,or wear that watch I don't have...I just hope they tack it on there somewhere.
Cool AR15!

Posted by: dan b
Date: October 21, 2017 05:38AM
I don't want to know what time it is when I'm detecting. It's my escape. A clock is a reminder that there are other responsibilities. When I'm detecting let someone else deal with responsibilities. Just my opinion. If they put one on the Equinox, and I buy one (which is highly likely) I'll put a piece of tape over it.

Current detectors:
:garrett: ATPro
Previously owned: :tesoro:, :garrett:, :fisher: , :teknetics:, :minelab:, and :whites:

Posted by: NCtoad
Date: October 21, 2017 06:39AM
I too think a clock would be handy. Sometimes I only have 30 minutes to detect and I wouldn't have to keep pulling out my phone to see if I've gone over.

Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: October 21, 2017 06:42AM
NCtoad
I too think a clock would be handy. Sometimes I only have 30 minutes to detect and I wouldn't have to keep pulling out my phone to see if I've gone over.

You know, they have this crazy invention called the wrist watch! You should TOTALLY try it out. I've been wearing one since forever and its the best kept secret. :rofl:

Posted by: amberjack
Date: October 21, 2017 07:02AM
tick tock

AJ

Date: October 21, 2017 09:21AM
There seems to be the camp who wears a watch and those who don't,even though not everyone who doesn't see a need for the clock has said they actually wear a watch.
I do not wear a watch because Im an auto mechanic. Wearing a watch may cause me to lose some fingers or a hand,both of which I'd like to keep.
Again,this could be something you simple enable or disable. It's really not complicated(I wouldn't think) and either you could have it on the display or not. Bingo! Best of both worlds for everyone. And it doesn't require years of R&D!
As for you retired folks...yeah,I get it,you don't need the time. I do.

Posted by: Charles (Upstate NY)
Date: October 21, 2017 10:06AM
IDXMonster
Beyonder
how about a blood pressure monitor and a barometer?

I could use the blood pressure monitor,especially on those deep Indians that are really rotted Zincolns...:lol:

I could use that for clad dimes, I hate them, please add an Equinox clad dime death ray!!

Posted by: Chapy
Date: October 21, 2017 11:50AM
Beyonder
how about a blood pressure monitor and a baro meter?

And a pedometer so we can track our steps!
Walmart has watches for 3 bucks

Posted by: NCtoad
Date: October 21, 2017 12:23PM
Jason in Enid
NCtoad

You know, they have this crazy invention called the wrist watch! You should TOTALLY try it out. I've been wearing one since forever and its the best kept secret. :rofl:
I don't care to wear a watch, I don't even wear my wedding band. I just don't like wearing jewelry...I do like finding it though:biggrin:

Posted by: nagant
Date: October 21, 2017 02:58PM
OK Minelab just put one of those tiny stick clocks in the box, with your logo on it of course!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login