Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Dear Minelab..PLEASE put a clock on the Equinox..PLEASE!
Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: October 21, 2017 08:12PM
nagant
OK Minelab just put one of those tiny stick clocks in the box, with your logo on it of course!

Now we're talkin'!:lol:

Posted by: D&P-OR
Date: October 21, 2017 09:19PM
No need to go to all that trouble Charles.----Just box 'em up & send them to me! :wink:
Charles (Upstate NY)
IDXMonster
Beyonder
how about a blood pressure monitor and a barometer?

I could use the blood pressure monitor,especially on those deep Indians that are really rotted Zincolns...:lol:

I could use that for clad dimes, I hate them, please add an Equinox clad dime death ray!!

Posted by: Parkologist
Date: October 22, 2017 09:45AM
be careful what you wish for. may delay release for 6 months for such a minor thing. remember volume control on at max? the delay cost them far more sales than adding the feature added.

Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: October 22, 2017 11:24AM
Parkologist
be careful what you wish for. may delay release for 6 months for such a minor thing. remember volume control on at max? the delay cost them far more sales than adding the feature added.

No I didn't see that...silly Garrett!

Posted by: dewcon4414
Date: October 23, 2017 05:15AM
Im retired and have realized ive worn a watch my whole life......always on a schedule. TIME consumes me sometimes. Its worse than any cell phone. Ive got a teen age grand son living with us..... still have to wake and be places. So i find myself waking up a half dozen times a night checking the watch so i dont over sleep. I have a CTX....... NEVER use the clock..... but on the beach..... im still checkin the time with the watch. I thought when i retired id be able to throw away the clock lol.

Xcal II, Blue Xcal 1000, Sov GT, Exp SE
Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.... John Wooden.
D. Meeker

Posted by: Des D
Date: October 24, 2017 04:43AM
"Folks have been asking for 'a clock' on detectors for years.
They are now embedded in 2 (to my knowledge) different detector models: CTX & Deus
But, you never heard anyone talking about it? I watched and read ALL threads about CTX on different xfora when it was released.
Not one Thread or post about the clock! Same for Deus. It's in it but, not discussed.
Leading me to believe it's not an important or desirable feature?"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2017 04:45AM by Des D.

Date: October 24, 2017 05:48AM
Everyone wants added features.......but that adds cost and required the machine to use battery and do things i just dont need..... and breaks. I like simplicity..... in a machine and life..... its like a walk in the woods with no frustrations or distractions.

Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.... John Wooden.
D. Meeker

Posted by: amberjack
Date: October 24, 2017 05:56AM
Deus clock isn't even set right time on mine :lmfao: I know when its time to go and its not governed by what time it is, more by when I have had enough...

AJ

Posted by: ML
Date: October 24, 2017 07:04AM
Des D
They are now embedded in 2 (to my knowledge) different detector models: CTX & Deus
But, you never heard anyone talking about it? I watched and read ALL threads about CTX on different xfora when it was released.
Not one Thread or post about the clock! Same for Deus. It's in it but, not discussed.

Des - It's actually a good feature for beach hunters like myself that do not own a watch and don't wanna carry their cell phone on them during a storm. Just would want it to be big enough to see if they do indeed implement it. If not, no big deal

Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: October 24, 2017 08:24AM
Des D

Probably because most detectorists are old farts who still wear a watch or don't care any more about what time it is.
times for old people.... I'm not tired its time to waking up. I'm hungry, its time to eat. Its daylight so its time to go hunting. Its dark so its time to go home.

Lord how I look forward to retirement!

Posted by: amberjack
Date: October 24, 2017 10:33AM
international man of leisure "baby" :wiggle:

AJ

Posted by: Des D
Date: October 24, 2017 10:40AM
"A clock feature might be in it already??? There are loads of extra features that weren't 'Turned ON' in the pre-release 'Tester' units?

Many moons ago, midwinter, I was on site testing [ a detector ] and I tried to look at my watch to see the time ( always needed to get back to the office before 5pm so I couid e-mail off my test reports so Australia could read them and act accordingly overnite while I slept ) But I couldn't roll back multiple jacket and shirt sleeves to see the watch! Couldn't do it so had to get out of the arm strap, bend and put the detector down, then pull up sleeves, see the time, push them back down, then bend down pick up detector, re-fit into arm strap, so my E-Mail that day asked "Can we put a clock in our next detector?" Far as I remember, that was during the "X-Terra" field trials??? 2005????"

Posted by: tiftaaft
Date: October 24, 2017 11:34AM
If I had a clock on my metal detector... I would lose that excuse to my wife when I have spent all day chasing the elusive silver... "sorry honey, I lost track of time... I can't wear a watch because it interferes with my coil". :pinnochio

Posted by: Goldpick
Date: October 25, 2017 04:47AM
Don't people carry mobile phones on them anymore - last time I looked they had a clock.:clapping:

Date: October 25, 2017 05:32AM
Gold pick....... i dont because im in the salt water to much. I find way to many of them out there....... id prefer to NOT be a contributor lol.

D. Meeker

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login