Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: " Multi-IQ copes with saltwater and beach conditions ALMOST as well as BBS/FBS, however BBS/FBS still have an advantage for finding high conductive silver coins in all conditions."
Posted by: Charles (Upstate NY)
Date: October 30, 2017 02:03PM
Jackpine Savage
Very doubtful ML are processing the harmonics.
Tom

They are, hence 28 frequencies.

This all brings me back to when I first was a Computer Operator on an IBM mainframe....
Posted by: Donna(NJ
Date: October 30, 2017 06:53PM
I remember the trainer said a computer can only do one thing at a time.... but it does it very fast.....

So, I'd say simultaneous probably means extremely, lightening fast.

I'm no techno person but the discussion just brought me back to my early computer days.

HH
Donna(NJ)

Re: This all brings me back to when I first was a Computer Operator on an IBM mainframe....
Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: October 30, 2017 07:30PM
Donna(NJ
I remember the trainer said a computer can only do one thing at a time.... but it does it very fast.....

So, I'd say simultaneous probably means extremely, lightening fast.

I'm no techno person but the discussion just brought me back to my early computer days.

HH
Donna(NJ)

One processor can only do one task at a time, but there have been multiple processors in electronics for a long time. Modern computer chips contain thousands of processors which is why you get such incredible graphics detail and speed. What a metal detector does is childs play compared to the processor in a gaming system.

Re: This all brings me back to when I first was a Computer Operator on an IBM mainframe....
Posted by: BigTony
Date: October 30, 2017 09:09PM
Those IBM mainframes were so big and the hum they gave off caused me to lose my hearing.
Hopefully it is two frequencies at the same time - one reporting on minerals and not getting registered and the other reporting on the target and letting us know to dig or not....
But hey - I am just an old computer operator....what do I really know.

BigTony

Re: " Multi-IQ copes with saltwater and beach conditions ALMOST as well as BBS/FBS, however BBS/FBS still have an advantage for finding high conductive silver coins in all conditions."
Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: October 31, 2017 12:09AM
I’ve enjoyed the FBS and BBS systems I’ve had and currently have (etrac and sov gt). They’ve worked well for me.

I am deeply curious about the Equinox and plan on giving one a shot when they become available.

Rich

enjoying the vistas and horizons of the Old West.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login