Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
BATTERY in Equinox
Posted by: keppy
Date: October 19, 2017 10:26PM
I think i read that you can not replace the battery in the Equinox , so what happens when the battery goes out for good ?? Do you have to buy another equinox?

North East ohio on lake Erie

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2017 10:28PM by keppy.

Re: BATTERY in Equinox
Posted by: sgoss66
Date: October 19, 2017 11:15PM
keppy
I think i read that you can not replace the battery in the Equinox , so what happens when the battery goes out for good ?? Do you have to buy another equinox?

Keppy -- of COURSE the battery can be replaced, in an Equinox. Whether the USER can do it, or if will have to be done at a dealer or repair center, we don't know yet...

Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Garrett ProPointer AT
Lesche hand digger
Lesche 38D "King of Spades"

Norman, OK

As it stands now, if your battery goes bad in a Equinox you will have to send it in for repair.N/T
Posted by: Greg (E.Tn)
Date: October 20, 2017 09:06AM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Posted by: xwyokid
Date: October 20, 2017 11:54AM
Hmmm. On the probability of having to send it across the country for a battery is a bummer. Maybe we'll be able to do it ourselves.

Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: October 20, 2017 12:08PM
xwyokid
Hmmm. On the probability of having to send it across the country for a battery is a bummer. Maybe we'll be able to do it ourselves.

I'm sure its possible to do it yourself. Once the warranty has expired, whats to stop you?

Posted by: shelton7522
Date: October 20, 2017 02:50PM
Watertight unit. I don't think so. Service centre only.

Posted by: D&P-OR
Date: October 20, 2017 04:44PM
Ok then---How many charges/hrs. running time before the battery goes kaput?-----I know, I know---wait for the specs!
shelton7522
Watertight unit. I don't think so. Service centre only.

Posted by: keppy
Date: October 20, 2017 04:47PM
sgoss66
keppy

Keppy -- of COURSE the battery can be replaced, in an Equinox. Whether the USER can do it, or if will have to be done at a dealer or repair center, we don't know yet...
That would be good if we could get the battery changed . I must have got the wrong idea when i read a post on a another site.

North East ohio on lake Erie

Posted by: Rick(ND)
Date: October 21, 2017 01:33AM
I havent heard of any of the Deus having to have the rechargeable batteries replace, but I may have missed it , so I think with the advancement of better batteries they may last a long time and have a low battery shut down so you cant run them completely dead and ruin them. I have some nicads that were over 10 years old in one Sovereign that still seem to last almost as long as when they were new ad sure the new ones are even better.

Posted by: txop
Date: October 21, 2017 04:21PM
The issue will be is if the battery is made just for the Equinox you may not be able to buy it on the open market.

I just experienced this on my DJI drone transmitter. The battery has a circuit board for balancing the lipo cells. You cannot buy the battery on the open market and they will not sell you one. I had to buy a broken transmitter and take the battery out of it. I don't like putting a used battery in it but the only other alternative was to buy a new transmitter.

Someone needs to see if Minelab will tell us more about this. I would hate to have a detector that years down the road has the battery go bad and I can't get one.

Posted by: TomNH
Date: October 22, 2017 10:25AM
txop
The issue will be is if the battery is made just for the Equinox you may not be able to buy it on the open market.

I just experienced this on my DJI drone transmitter. The battery has a circuit board for balancing the lipo cells. You cannot buy the battery on the open market and they will not sell you one. I had to buy a broken transmitter and take the battery out of it. I don't like putting a used battery in it but the only other alternative was to buy a new transmitter.
Someone needs to see if Minelab will tell us more about this. I would hate to have a detector that years down the road has the battery go bad and I can't get one.

We dont know but.....
Doing it yourself will probably void ANY warranty. Being waterproof to 10' makes Minelab replacement almost a must.
As above I have had a few things that you had to use OEM BP's or at best cut open a sealed unit.
If its off the shelf and you do not take it in the water it is OK by me. Probably soldered in, special tool needed & all new gaskets.
I would hate to buy one & have to send it out even once for a C note or 2 over a battery. A deal breaker to me, Garrett AT in the spring !
One video showed an attachment to the EQ to supply power. Maybe thats a work around if the battery isnt loading
things down when bad.

C U later
Tom
LFOD !

Posted by: Decanfrost
Date: October 24, 2017 07:02AM
One great way to CONTROL a product .....you have to come back for software updates ......OR battery replacement.
Oh yea ,and it s for your safety! $$$$

We will see

Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: October 24, 2017 08:21AM
Decanfrost
One great way to CONTROL a product .....you have to come back for software updates ......OR battery replacement.
Oh yea ,and it s for your safety! $$$$

We will see

its nothing to do with safety. If you want to tear it open and muck about, go right ahead. Its a detector capable of going into the water. The biggest problem with that is the end user being too lazy to properly clean the seals every time its opened.

I'll happily send mine back in until the warranty expires and after that I'll the replacement myself. It's not rocket surgery if you have a little bit of common sense.

Posted by: greenmeanie
Date: October 24, 2017 08:32AM
I have to agree they complained about the leaking on the CTX now they complain about a sealed battery so it doesn't leak they really don't know what they want on this Forum.

CTX 3030
TreasureTurf.com

Yes, I did send my Deus remote in for a new battery
Posted by: Donna(NJ
Date: October 24, 2017 09:27AM
After 2 1/2 years, it wouldn't take a full charge. Thankfully Deus replaced it free of charge even though the BATTERY warranty expires after 2 years. Most people are unaware of the 2 yr warranty on the batteries when buying used. The machine and parts are 5 yr but batteries only 2. So just be aware should you buy a used machine or coil more than 2 years old.

PS Deus installed even better batteries on my remote. I suspect the coil battery is also on it was out as sometimes it, too, doesn't take a full charge. But even still Deus was reasonable at $50 to replace the battery. Minelab doesn't know how to be reasonable on repair costs !!!! Because its a waterproof unit, Id send in for factory replacement. Let's see what they charge for that !!!!

HH
Donna(NJ)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login