Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: why would you pick the 600?
Posted by: Champ Ferguson
Date: October 23, 2017 11:08AM
I don't thing most experienced detectorists would pick the 600 but I'm sure that theres lots of folks that are interested in the hobby but the extra money makes a difference. I think the 600 is aimed more at the entry level folks.

Minelab CTX
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab Safari

Posted by: brother steve
Date: October 23, 2017 02:29PM
Looks like you will have to use the supplied headphones if they are hardwired. That would stink. Also you cant take it underwater with bluetooth or wm08. Hopefully this will be different.

Posted by: JP.Diggzzit
Date: October 23, 2017 05:17PM
I am with Carolina on this one being a wet sand beach hunter primarily. Multi IQ 5 - 40 kHz simultaneous for saltwater beaches is peaking my interest. The 600 with the larger 15" inch coil may be the ticket for coverage on saltwater beaches at low tide. If the 15" coil adds some depth that would be a bonus. The CTX 3030 with 17" coil is a beast on depth on saltwater beaches but tough to swing for 5+ hours IMO. Going to wait on pricing for coils, waterproof headphones and some more user feedback...especially saltwater use. It could be my new travel detector being so light and easy to break down.

Whites coinmaster 1980's blue box (gift from father)
Whites coinmaster pro (gifted to father)
Whites Surfmaster PI Dual Field with Plugger CF Shafts
XP Deus with 11 inch coil and WS4 headphones
Minelab CTX 3030 with 11 and 17 inch coils
Minelab Excalibur II

Stealth 920 iX
TRex 9.5 inch SS scoop (split at welds multiple X)
RTG 6 inch aluminum travel scoop

Lesche Diggers
Whites Bullseye pinpointer

Posted by: greenmeanie
Date: October 23, 2017 05:36PM
The reason I am going with the 800 it is better to have it just in case I need it but if you go the 600 route you cant do that unless you buy a whole new machine.

CTX 3030
TreasureTurf.com

Posted by: shedncoin
Date: October 23, 2017 06:25PM
Might be a silly question, but will a wireless detector except wired head phones?

Posted by: "Carolina"
Date: October 23, 2017 07:13PM
I'm starting to become confused again ( might be my age ) but how can it be submersible to 3 meters with blue tooth? I think it was Dew that noticed it does not have the M12 connector we use on the CTX. So what ip68 connector is used and with what phones on the 800 model ? I still say I don't need the 20kHz or 40kHz single frequency options as they would not work for me in the salt water but what phones and connector is going 3 meters ? Steve, good to see you, but hard wired phones aren't a bad thing as you can change the phone end to whatever phones you like and leave the detector end alone. Before I started doing pp mods and coil mods on the Excal's I changed the phones on many of them and never opened the tube. Getting off track here. WTH kinda phones and ip68 connector is used on either machine to go 3 meters ? End of rant. Good luck to all.

MINELAB CTX 3030
MINELAB Excalibur II
MINELAB Excalibur 1000
MINELAB Excalibur Gold Sword
VALLON VMH3CS
WHITES Dual Field

Posted by: "Carolina"
Date: October 23, 2017 07:17PM
JP, you took the words right out of my mouth, 15" on the 600 for me if it can handle the salt. Still keep seeing Equinox can handle the salt ALMOST as good as the CTX and eTrack..

MINELAB CTX 3030
MINELAB Excalibur II
MINELAB Excalibur 1000
MINELAB Excalibur Gold Sword
VALLON VMH3CS
WHITES Dual Field

Posted by: Ksdirt
Date: October 23, 2017 07:42PM
I no the 800 does...

Date: October 23, 2017 08:35PM
The CTX 3030 is rated at 3 m waterproof with the waterproof headphones. So I am guessing the equinox will have aftermarket waterproof headphones available. Hopefully better than those yellow Koss! I have had the CTX submerged a handful of times with no problems but prefer the Excal for wading.

Date: October 23, 2017 08:38PM
Ksdirt...can you elaborate?

Posted by: Ksdirt
Date: October 23, 2017 10:36PM
JP.Diggzzit
Ksdirt...can you elaborate?
was replying about wired headphones to wireless and the 800 you can hook up wired or use the wireless..shedncoins quest.

Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: October 24, 2017 08:09AM
"Carolina"
I'm starting to become confused again ( might be my age ) but how can it be submersible to 3 meters with blue tooth? I think it was Dew that noticed it does not have the M12 connector we use on the CTX. So what ip68 connector is used and with what phones on the 800 model ? I still say I don't need the 20kHz or 40kHz single frequency options as they would not work for me in the salt water but what phones and connector is going 3 meters ? Steve, good to see you, but hard wired phones aren't a bad thing as you can change the phone end to whatever phones you like and leave the detector end alone. Before I started doing pp mods and coil mods on the Excal's I changed the phones on many of them and never opened the tube. Getting off track here. WTH kinda phones and ip68 connector is used on either machine to go 3 meters ? End of rant. Good luck to all.

Youre not the only one confused about the headphones and waterproof abilities. I don't know if anyone knows right now, I have heard a tester say that their EQ800 doesnt have the wireless setup in it. I am hoping to use mine occasionally at the beach and in the surf so I hope those things were thought out well.

Posted by: Charles (Upstate NY)
Date: October 24, 2017 10:39AM
Jason in Enid
"Carolina"
Jason, What I do know is a single frequency will not work on my salt beach. As I said, I am a water hunter not a dirt digger so by your own reasoning the 600 would be the smarter choice for me. If neither use the higher frequency in Multi- IQ then I would loose either way. I also own FBS and BBS and the strongest PI out there so this is more of a whim than anything since none of us know the truth.

So you NEVER hunt the dry sand? If you do, the higher freqs would be better. Why would you limit your options as long as money wasn't the limit? I wouldn't recommend for anyone to buy a higher model if you can't easily afford it.

Dry sand hunting in high frequency would be a nightmare, strong hits on every tiny speck of aluminum about 1/8 inch in diameter.

Posted by: Charles (Upstate NY)
Date: October 24, 2017 11:40AM
Jason in Enid
"Carolina"

Youre not the only one confused about the headphones and waterproof abilities. I don't know if anyone knows right now, I have heard a tester say that their EQ800 doesnt have the wireless setup in it. I am hoping to use mine occasionally at the beach and in the surf so I hope those things were thought out well.

It appears to have a threaded port for wired waterproof headphones, above and left of the coil connector.

Posted by: mcb613
Date: October 25, 2017 04:04AM
“Why would you limit your options, unless price was the...”.

Let me say this, I went eith the higher priced option on the CTX, just so I didnt miss anything that others would have...
Fast forward to 2017, to date, I have never ised or even tried the WM module for my CTX, for that matter, the rechargable battery too.
So , at this point, Im not sure why I paid for the more pricey option.
I guess its good that they are offering options.
I would like them to offer an option to pay for ongoing firmware upgrades, that they actually develop.
Sorry Minelab, never got over the false marketing from the CTX.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login