Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Why Choose a Single Freq?
Posted by: Charlives
Date: October 22, 2017 05:54PM
I've never used a multiple frequency machine so my ignorance might be showing...but in what circumstance would anyone opt for only one frequency when having all the frequencies is an option?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2017 05:55PM by Charlives.

Re: Why Choose a Single Freq?
Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: October 22, 2017 06:34PM
POWER! different freqs work best with specific types of targets. Do you want to bleed off power to sub-optimal freqs or do you want max going to what you want? Depends also on ground minerals. Minimal minerals lets you use a single freq to max effectiveness. If you have a lot of iron in your soil, it hurts their depth ID and multi freq works better.

Of course, its possible here that this MAY be running multi freq constantly to adjust for minerals, then giving you the option of single search freq or multi search freq. We should know in about 2 months when they hit the market.

Posted by: bigbuck1975
Date: October 22, 2017 06:49PM
I like it to identify iron at depth. If it works like a deus, you can tell iron by shifting frequency and watching the numbers. I guess that assumes the numbers will tell us something on the equinox when it comes out.

Posted by: Ksdirt
Date: October 22, 2017 08:03PM
Thought I read where the EQ gives full power to all the friq. All the time even in multi..or what ever prospecting mode you were in all the time full power..

Posted by: Bryan V
Date: October 22, 2017 08:47PM
Ksdirt
Thought I read where the EQ gives full power to all the friq. All the time even in multi..or what ever prospecting mode you were in all the time full power..

The Minelab rep on the video said that each Mode has a custom Multi Frequency tailored for different types of hunting.

Bryan

Minelab E-Trac
Gold Monster
Amigo II 5.75
Cibola GB Mod
Golden uMax/Sweeper

Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: October 22, 2017 08:47PM
Ksdirt

Do we really know HOW the MF works? FBS claims multi freq up to 100kh, but it certainly doesnt have the performance to back it up. So, even though the minelab MF seems to do a great job with minerals and low conductors, we don't know exactly what its doing. For the time being, I'm wary of claims of full power across all the freqs in MF mode

Posted by: dewcon4414
Date: October 23, 2017 05:07AM
My guess is we loose a lot of targets on multi freq...... size, mineral (and a lot of them), targets.... all averaged, filtered and processed. We have always said use the right tool for the job. Before we pretty much had to use a different detector.

Xcal II, Blue Xcal 1000, Sov GT, Exp SE
Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.... John Wooden.
D. Meeker

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login