Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Equinox in the wet sand saltwater and dry???
Posted by: Mkus
Date: October 25, 2017 06:12PM
Just wondering will they work as well as my Etrac anyone have any info? Im currently using my Etrac on beaches and love it but have a bad elbow so weight is my reason to buy an equinox.
I also run a Deus but not on beaches no where near as good!

Re: Equinox in the wet sand saltwater and dry???
Posted by: lytle78
Date: October 25, 2017 06:29PM
Multifrequency (simultaneous) can balance out wet salt and still get good depth. In this respect, they work better than ANY single frequency (at one time). There remains one little problem. Multifreakers, while balancing the signal from the wet salt also have greatly reduced sensitivity to small low conductive targets - such as small earrings, charms, pins, thin chains etc - of gold. There is no getting around it.

Rick Kempf

Re: Equinox in the wet sand saltwater and dry???
Posted by: dewcon4414
Date: October 25, 2017 07:09PM
But..... single freq can be a better choice on the DRY sand than multi freq. This machine offers some interesting combos as well as a nice range of single freq. On many beaches its about recent drops and sensitivities more than depth. It MAY not do as well in the wet....... but you get an advantage of being able to get neck deep...... can you do that with the ET? You may or may not be able to notice a depth difference in the deeper water than say an Xcal or CTX. You will be working with a different combo of freqs so we dont know if smaller targets will be recovered. Diggin out there i can tell you........ target depth is a hard thing to narrow down. Floater, sanded conditions, size, weight.... near targets where they fall into the hole after a couple of scoops. Just as bad in the oat meal.

Xcal II, Blue Xcal 1000, Sov GT, Exp SE
Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.... John Wooden.
D. Meeker

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login