Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Equinox coil and headphone connector pictures
Posted by: "Carolina"
Date: October 26, 2017 04:05PM
I have already devised a mod for mine should I decide to purchase one. I will simply cut the headphone cable to the length needed and with heat take the curl out. Then I will route the cable down with the coil cable and secure with tie raps and then run the cable up the shaft to just past my elbow and terminate it with a inline female IP68 M12 connector and secure all in place with tie raps up the shaft. Then all my 7mm phone cables with the male M12 will just attach behind my elbow. The secured Equinox phone cable will then be secure and I can use any of my CTX and modded Excal. phones no problem. A brand new machine and I already have to mod it!!!

Carolina

MINELAB CTX 3030
MINELAB Excalibur II
MINELAB Excalibur 1000
MINELAB Excalibur Gold Sword
VALLON VMH3CS
WHITES Dual Field

:cool:Re: Equinox coil and headphone connector pictures
Posted by: Ksdirt
Date: October 26, 2017 04:13PM
like to see a pic. of that...might do the same thing.... sounds like a mess thou:cool:

Re: :cool:Re: Equinox coil and headphone connector pictures
Posted by: "Carolina"
Date: October 26, 2017 06:05PM
If you are handy with a soldering iron it should be no problem. It is however a shame it has to be done on a new machine. I really don't like the location of the jack period nor the size.

MINELAB CTX 3030
MINELAB Excalibur II
MINELAB Excalibur 1000
MINELAB Excalibur Gold Sword
VALLON VMH3CS
WHITES Dual Field

Posted by: amberjack
Date: October 26, 2017 06:15PM
logistics is always going to be a problem with a do it all ( light weight) detector, if they made a land IQ and a water IQ it could be done right as it stands for me its a land / wet sand machine which is fine for me if the wireless works like the Deus its right to go..

I hope they can make it work to keep everyone happy but history has shown that's a tough ask..

AJ

Posted by: Fire Fighter 43
Date: October 27, 2017 06:39AM
It’s wireless!! Once you go wireless you’ll never go back. Why get so worked up over a headphone jack.

2017 silver coin count 17

CTX 3030 17", 11", 6" & Coiltek 5X10 coils
XP Deus 9", 9"HF & 11" coils
Sun Ray Pro Gold, Deus WS5, Gray Ghost underwater headphones, Garrett AT Pro & XP Mi6 pointers, Lesch Tool, Stealth 08 water scoop
Milspec belt and pouches
Previous machines since 1977 F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI S2, 6DB, Alaskan TR4B, Beachcomber

Posted by: dewcon4414
Date: October 27, 2017 11:26AM
Why..... because many of us water hunters CANT use wireless out there neck deep. This could be an interesting all around machine for the beach. its in the planning stage now...... NOWS the time to point out things and brain storm options...... testers and ML read these posts. Still dont think we need that external speaker lol.

Xcal II, Blue Xcal 1000, Sov GT, Exp SE
Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.... John Wooden.
D. Meeker

Posted by: Charles (Upstate NY)
Date: October 27, 2017 02:51PM
Personally I would want wireless headphones just to rid myself of the headphone cord tangle. Wired waterproof headphones for use in the water obviously. Really depends on the quality of the headphones, if the wireless are on par with say Sunray Golds (which I doubt) then I'll be good to go. If the wind is blowing NE 40 mph on a beach again Sunray Golds are my go to phones for noise reduction. I was using a pair of wireless over the ear headphones yesterday, the wind was only blowing about 20 mph and the wind noise reduction was so poor it was interfering with my ability to hear the targets.

Posted by: Andy Sabisch
Date: October 30, 2017 08:19PM
Because wireless will not work in the water once the box submerges

Posted by: stephenscool
Date: October 31, 2017 08:24AM
It will work... technology just not there yet

Equinox and wireless headphone
Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: November 01, 2017 01:02AM
My Racer 2 wireless headphones have really sold me on the convenience of being cord free. I’ve not used them long enough to have had a headphone emergency that may change my mind, but it is really nice not having to sweep the coiled cord to the side each time I kneel or stand during target recovery.

I think the Deus is still using an antenna that attaches to their coil and the navy is still sending up an antenna from their subs. (Any Navy guys out there?). ELF might have too much lag and then there is the array to drag along behind the detector. Probably tangle in the feet. Likely worse than a coiled water resistant cable/connector.

enjoying the vistas and horizons of the Old West.

Posted by: Buddy_TX
Date: November 01, 2017 09:09AM
From what I see from the pics, that will be the Killer for this old water hunter, !/8" cord and jack wont last a day sticking out the front like that. Oh well just thought I had found me a new Machine

Buddy_TX

AT MAX
AT PRO
Detector Pro Wader, 8" and 10"
Detector Pro Pirate Pro
Tesoro Stingray
Fisher 1280x
Whites Amphibian and Surfmaster TR
Tesoro Silver saber
Tesoro Golden Saber II
Garrett S-1, S-2, S-3 TRs
Compass Q.
Silver Turtle
TR Turtle
VLF Turtle
and a few odd balls in the back of the closet

Date: November 01, 2017 11:07AM
Thanks Dan for the pics, answered all my questions

AT MAX
AT PRO
Detector Pro Pirate Pro
Tesoro Stingray
Fisher 1280x
Tesoro Silver saber
Tesoro Golden Saber II
Compass Q.
Silver Turtle
TR Turtle
VLF Turtle

Date: November 01, 2017 11:10AM
Wireless dosen't work underwater, its usless

AT MAX
AT PRO
Detector Pro Pirate Pro
Tesoro Stingray
Fisher 1280x
Tesoro Silver saber
Tesoro Golden Saber II
Compass Q.
Silver Turtle
TR Turtle
VLF Turtle

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login