Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Straight answers
Posted by: mrmetaldetector
Date: October 26, 2017 08:16AM
Hi Debbie;
I have a few questions as I have had from many friends or Club is a major user of Minelabs with over 30 CTX users in our club. I know this is a new product and if you do not have answers I understand.

1. Do we have a Equinox release date yet?
Initial target is prior to Christmas, however, demand has been crazy, so it will take us a bit to fulfill what has already been placed on order

2. Do we know if it will have a clock in the corner? (weird but, a true question - lol)
no

3. Can it be remotely updated via the web or usb interface?
no

4. Can the batteries be changed out by the user or is it built in?
I have been told that it will need to be sent into service, however, that could change

5. Is their a PDF manual available that we may download to help us understand more?
Manual will be available as we get closer to launch

6. Who is taking the repairs for Minelab now that Kellyco announced they are no longer doing so?
We have a new ASC, Detector Center out of PA. They are already turning machines out in about 10days, and it will continue to get better than that.

Many thanks for the answers in advance and or pointing us to someone who has the answers. Let me know if you have further questions. More info will be released shortly.

These are the hunts of the Minelab CTX-3030. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new woods, to seek out new parks and new beaches, to boldly detect where no one has hunted before.

Re: Straight answers
Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: October 26, 2017 08:34AM
mrmetaldetector
Hi Debbie;
I have a few questions as I have had from many friends or Club is a major user of Minelabs with over 30 CTX users in our club. I know this is a new product and if you do not have answers I understand.

Initial target is prior to Christmas, however, demand has been crazy, so it will take us a bit to fulfill what has already been placed on order

2. Do we know if it will have a clock in the corner? (weird but, a true question - lol)
no

no

I have been told that it will need to be sent into service, however, that could change

5. Is their a PDF manual available that we may download to help us understand more?

6. Who is taking the repairs for Minelab now that Kellyco announced they are no longer doing so?
We have a new ASC, Detector Center out of PA. They are already turning machines out in about 10days, and it will continue to get better than that.

Many thanks for the answers in advance and or pointing us to someone who has the answers. Let me know if you have further questions. More info will be released shortly.

Im' confused. You asked questions but answered them too?

Posted by: Dan(NM)
Date: October 26, 2017 08:37AM
The only question that can be answered at this point is your last question, the new repair center is in PA. That's where my CTX was sent to last month. As far as having answers to your other question, no one but Minelab knows and they are being very tight lipped about info at this point. Everyone is chomping at the bit for info just like you.

Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: October 26, 2017 10:52AM
Release date is mid-December. Was posted in the Detector Classifieds by Windy City Detectors.

No
No
No
No
Pennsylvania

Happy Halloween. :confused:

The Great Pumpkin

enjoying the vistas and horizons of the Old West.

Date: October 31, 2017 02:52AM
No the questions were answered by Minelabs Debbie S.
Jessie

These are the hunts of the Minelab CTX-3030. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new woods, to seek out new parks and new beaches, to boldly detect where no one has hunted before.

Date: October 31, 2017 02:57AM
This posting was in response to an email I sent to Debbie of Minelab America.
She answered all questions that were sent to her.

Minelab's Response:

Minelab's Response:
no

Minelab's Response:
no

Minelab's Response:

Minelab's Response:

Minelab's Response:
We have a new ASC, Detector Center out of PA. They are already turning machines out in about 10days, and it will continue to get better than that

Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: October 31, 2017 07:45AM
OK, THATS how you should have posted in the first place. The way you posted it was confusing because it seemed you were asking questions but also answering your own questions

Posted by: Beyonder
Date: November 01, 2017 11:27AM
THE ANSWERS WERE STRAIGHT THE QUESTIONS WEREN'T LOL

Posted by: D&P-OR
Date: November 01, 2017 11:44AM
Thank you Jessie. Appreciate you posting this.
mrmetaldetector
No the questions were answered by Minelabs Debbie S.
Jessie

Date: November 01, 2017 04:53PM
Ok I understand. I will try to be more specific. That is how the email came back to me and I did not want to post Debbie's response to me too differently than she sent it.
She had the answers that I saw a few folks were asking and decided she was best to ask. I hate circling around when the questions are easy enough to get answers to.
Too many folks create long winded post with a lot of unqualified responses. I like simple and qualified answers.
Jessie

Posted by: sgoss66
Date: November 01, 2017 05:32PM
WHO are you calling "long-winded..." :rofl:

LOL!

(I resemble that remark...) :surrender:

Steve

Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Garrett ProPointer AT
Lesche hand digger
Lesche 38D "King of Spades"

Norman, OK

Posted by: "Carolina"
Date: November 01, 2017 07:01PM
Amen on those long winded armchair engineers!

MINELAB CTX 3030
MINELAB Excalibur II
MINELAB Excalibur 1000
MINELAB Excalibur Gold Sword
VALLON VMH3CS
WHITES Dual Field

Date: November 01, 2017 07:42PM
Sorry, Carolina.

Guilty as charged. :shrug: :smile: I am too long-winded for many, I know that. Always have been. Just ignore me! ;)

Steve

Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Garrett ProPointer AT
Lesche hand digger

Norman, OK

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2017 07:42PM by sgoss66.

Posted by: D&P-OR
Date: November 01, 2017 09:56PM
Steve-----I got a question for you!!-----Do you ever talk to your wife??:rofl:---(just teasin ya):wink:-----------Del
sgoss66
Sorry, Carolina.

Guilty as charged. :shrug: :smile: I am too long-winded for many, I know that. Always have been. Just ignore me! ;)

Steve

Date: November 01, 2017 10:21PM
Del,

Nope. I'm so long-winded, she tunes me out, too! ;)

Steve

Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Garrett ProPointer AT
Lesche hand digger

Norman, OK

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login