Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: pondering the minelab equinox please chime in multi freq mode
Posted by: calabash digger
Date: November 07, 2017 06:21AM
my machine now will run 4kh, 8 kh, 12 kh, 14kh, 17 kh, 28,kh, 50 kh, and 80 kh and its very interesting to see how it behaves at higher freq on targets. Small hoop earring open at 7 inchs it will nail in 50 and 74kh, the at gold , at pro, etrac, ctx couldn't see the earring either... it will be interesting to see what the nox does on it.

Posted by: sprchng
Date: November 07, 2017 08:50AM
The 3 coils you need to see those frequencies cost 50% more than the Nox alone and it still doesn't have the ability to use more than one frequency at a time , which is where the real benefit probably lies. Add the cost of the remote , the headphones receiver , the handle and the fact that you have to charge/maintain 3 separate batteries and the Deus sounds like a pretty high maintenance PITA.

Posted by: NorCalGold
Date: November 07, 2017 10:35AM
These are the exact reasons I never purchased a Deus. The Equinox on the other hand is on pre-order. I agree with what was mentioned before, the Nox probably uses different frequency combinations for the different hunting modes.

Posted by: Buddy_TX
Date: November 08, 2017 01:11PM
You may be correct but in my 46 years of hunting (water) and old whites running 100kz has found me more beach gold that any machine I have ever used.

Buddy_TX

AT MAX
AT PRO
Detector Pro Wader, 8" and 10"
Detector Pro Pirate Pro
Tesoro Stingray
Fisher 1280x
Whites Amphibian and Surfmaster TR
Tesoro Silver saber
Tesoro Golden Saber II
Garrett S-1, S-2, S-3 TRs
Compass Q.
Silver Turtle
TR Turtle
VLF Turtle
and a few odd balls in the back of the closet

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login