Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: I’m just wondering
Posted by: dbado1
Date: October 28, 2017 09:36AM
Ksdirt
Architex
That's basically an air test with the coin oh-so-carefully placed sticking out from the dirt and the coil also hanging partially past the edge of the hole. Why are they being so deceptive?

Wow if it's hitting a tiny piece of coin that deep ...I'm impressed.....that would be air testing something smaller than a dime. ....just my thoughts ...pretty good trick I guess..

My thoughts as well. But, didn't you see! The operator was sticking his tongue out...which acts like an antenna! His left foot was forward... which grounds him better! And...and ...he was facing in to the wind..and....and... everyone is trying to steal all of my money!!! DECEPTION! I tell you!! DECEPTION!

Like Aaron Rogers said, " R-E-L-A-X".

Dean

I was hoping it would be a good water machine. Good enough to replace my old Excal 1000.
Posted by: Greg (E.Tn)
Date: October 28, 2017 10:19AM
It speaks volumes that the "ancient" Excal 1000 is still such a popular water detector, especially when veteran users go to such great length to modify them and keep them working.

That says a lot.

I will keep the Excal, of course, but will probably pick up an Equinox whenever they come out and give it a good working out next spring.

When it comes down to it, isn't that pretty much what we all do when a new, shiny, fascinating detector comes out? :drinking:

Reminds me of the episode on "Big Bang Theory" where Leonard, Walowitz, and Koothrapalli are at the comic book store and Stuart cons all three of them into purchasing the same fantasy card game.

Stuart said it was like, "shooting nerds in a barrel." :biggrin:

Posted by: Ksdirt
Date: October 28, 2017 11:17AM
dbado1
Ksdirt
Architex
That's basically an air test with the coin oh-so-carefully placed sticking out from the dirt and the coil also hanging partially past the edge of the hole. Why are they being so deceptive?

Wow if it's hitting a tiny piece of coin that deep ...I'm impressed.....that would be air testing something smaller than a dime. ....just my thoughts ...pretty good trick I guess..

My thoughts as well. But, didn't you see! The operator was sticking his tongue out...which acts like an antenna! His left foot was forward... which grounds him better! And...and ...he was facing in to the wind..and....and... everyone is trying to steal all of my money!!! DECEPTION! I tell you!! DECEPTION!

Like Aaron Rogers said, " R-E-L-A-X".

Dean
now that's funny...real good...:cheers:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2017 11:25AM by Ksdirt.

Posted by: dewcon4414
Date: October 28, 2017 12:35PM
Wow who lite your hair on fure Dean? Bet u pre ordered didnt u? Ill give it a few month so the pre ordered guys can back down to earth and we get past the fish stories.

Xcal II, Blue Xcal 1000, Sov GT, Exp SE
Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.... John Wooden.
D. Meeker

Date: October 28, 2017 01:12PM
Hey Dew,
Shoulda had my coffee first ,huh. No, I didn't pre order. I do intend on getting one, though. Just getting a bit worn out by all of the silliness that's surrounding this detector's launch. I don't recall this happening with any other detector launch.

Dean

Posted by: Architex
Date: October 28, 2017 01:29PM
I'm just not a truth denier.

One Man's Trash...........is what I usually find.

XP Deus / CTX 3030

Where are the diamond rings?.............They said there'd be diamond rings !.

Date: October 28, 2017 01:32PM
dbado1
Hey Dew,
Shoulda had my coffee first ,huh. No, I didn't pre order. I do intend on getting one, though. Just getting a bit worn out by all of the silliness that's surrounding this detector's launch. I don't recall this happening with any other detector launch.

Dean

AMEN. I guess some are just more easily fooled.

XP Deus / CTX 3030

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2017 01:34PM by Architex.

Posted by: dewcon4414
Date: October 28, 2017 01:40PM
Lol.... hear ya on the coffee. The CTX got pretty crazy...after it had issue's in salt water. None are emund to the haters and belivers..... and those with worth while opinions.

Xcal II, Blue Xcal 1000, Sov GT, Exp SE
Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.... John Wooden.
D. Meeker

Posted by: mad jak
Date: October 28, 2017 01:52PM
Well, i intend too buy one (NOX) also but don't have enough coin saved up yet! But heard some potentially bad news yesterday from a reliable source!! Only 600 will be available from the first run!
Looks like i won't be getting one until way after the first of the year. HH Good luck to those Pre-Order guys....

MADJAK

CTX 3030
Etrac
SE
CZ7APro
CZ21

Probes: Garrett-Minelab

Lesche 38D
Sampson
Lesche Digging tool

"HISTORY THROUGH TREASURE" MadJak= Mad About Detecting Jack

Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: October 28, 2017 02:42PM
mad jak
Well, i intend too buy one (NOX) also but don't have enough coin saved up yet! But heard some potentially bad news yesterday from a reliable source!! Only 600 will be available from the first run!
Looks like i won't be getting one until way after the first of the year. HH Good luck to those Pre-Order guys....

MADJAK

I like the concept of the EQ, so that is why I put in a pre-order early on. I hope that "news" isnt true. Garrett pulled that same crap when they released their carrot pinpointer. It took months to get mine after I made a release day order. I still love that pinpointer but I've been mad at garretts handling of the release.

Posted by: horikindaguy
Date: October 28, 2017 03:00PM
mad jak

MADJAK

haha, "fake news" to rile the troops up even more? I won't even need one till April so I'm hoping after the dirt flies a bit and things settle down I'll be able to order one
with a Pro-Find 35 incentive....

I'm really curious just how close it will come to beating the etac/ctx at their own game.....besides the obvious weight advantage....

the flurry of posts by the first adapters should be momumental! can't wait (for the posts anyway, lol)

Date: October 29, 2017 12:01AM
Architex
dbado1
Hey Dew,

Dean

AMEN. I guess some are just more easily fooled.

Who? Fooled by whom?

Dean

Date: October 29, 2017 04:51PM
Nevermind.

XP Deus / CTX 3030

Date: October 29, 2017 05:39PM
Architex
Nevermind.

I figured as much. Most conspiracy theories ( "He's trying to fool us"!) turn out to be nothing of the sort. I'm glad you came to your senses.

Dean

Date: October 29, 2017 06:40PM
Whatever.

XP Deus / CTX 3030

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login