Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Will there be a Learn function on the new machines?
Posted by: BigTony
Date: November 03, 2017 04:38PM
Minelab or reps - can you tell me if there will be a Learn function on the new Nox detectors?

BigTony

Re: Will there be a Learn function on the new machines?
Posted by: Ksdirt
Date: November 03, 2017 09:25PM
BigTony
Minelab or reps - can you tell me if there will be a Learn function on the new Nox detectors?

Huh?

Posted by: xwyokid
Date: November 03, 2017 09:41PM
Do you mean a basic turn and go program?

Posted by: sgoss66
Date: November 03, 2017 09:55PM
I think he means a function where if you hit a particular target, you can set the machine very quickly to discriminate out only that particular target ID...

Steve

Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Garrett ProPointer AT
Lesche hand digger
Lesche 38D "King of Spades"

Norman, OK

Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: November 04, 2017 03:55AM
I'm sure that's what Tony means...with the e-series and CTX you can reject the entire screen,then sweep a target that you want to find and it will ONLY find that target. The obvious downside to this would be that there is variation to how a target responds especially at depth. If you were cherry picking fairly shallow targets it would work better. For deeper targets this would be done in a 5x5 screen,on the CTX for example,to allow for variation. But even then for REALLY deep targets it likely wouldn't be enough. It's a neat feature but one I don't use because it's not the way I hunt is all. If they put it on everything else I'd have to think it would be on this one as well.....but IDK.

Date: November 04, 2017 06:58AM
Yes, it is a function of the Explorer series machines and it does allow you to target certain items. I am using it in hunted out areas and love it.
I haven't tried it with larger coils yet for more depth yet; I have to wait for more rain, it's still to dry here.

BigTony

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2017 07:14AM by BigTony.

Posted by: coherent
Date: November 04, 2017 10:34AM
If you're talking about notch discrimination, the Equinox display shows multi-notch discrimination. Also the ability to set the different tone "positions" where you want. I would think notch discrimination and easily selectable notching are fairly standard features in many of today's mid to upper level detectors.

Re: Notch and Learn are totally different .
Date: November 04, 2017 03:24PM
With Notch you can accept or reject all of one kind of item.
In the Learn function the machine starts with a completely black screen and as you pass diserable targets over the coil - areas open up on the screen.
The Learn function eliminates everything but what you want.

I really hope the folks that test the New Equinox have already had E Series minelab's for sometime.
I really don't want to hear from Equinox testers that haven't used those in the past. If they haven't then they will not be able to compare the new and the old machines.

BigTony

Posted by: dewcon4414
Date: November 08, 2017 06:24AM
The answer is YES....... go to the ML web site, it clearly states that it has LEARN.

Xcal II, Blue Xcal 1000, Sov GT, Exp SE
Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.... John Wooden.
D. Meeker

Date: November 08, 2017 07:43AM
Thank you Deacon, so for me that is good news

BigTony

Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: November 08, 2017 07:49AM
See Dewcon? You're moving up fast! Already made it to Deacon!:lol:
Just funnin' ya Tony,it's great to see they are keeping some old tricks in the Equinox!:smile:

Date: November 08, 2017 09:31PM
Oh wow, sorry about that my eyeglasses were smudged

BigTony

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login