Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Release date, Maybe....
Posted by: Fire Fighter 43
Date: November 04, 2017 09:37AM
Minelab Mal mentioned at the end of his latest YouTube video that the Equanox will be out at the end of November or early December. I don’t know what kind of connections he has to Minelab but I hope he has a good source.

2017 silver coin count 17

CTX 3030 17", 11", 6" & Coiltek 5X10 coils
XP Deus 9", 9"HF & 11" coils
Sun Ray Pro Gold, Deus WS5, Gray Ghost underwater headphones, Garrett AT Pro & XP Mi6 pointers, Lesch Tool, Stealth 08 water scoop
Milspec belt and pouches
Previous machines since 1977 F75 Ltd, Etrac, Excal II, V3i, DFX, GTI2000, Eagle II, 6000DI S2, 6DB, Alaskan TR4B, Beachcomber

Re: Release date, Maybe....
Posted by: coherent
Date: November 04, 2017 10:40AM
Heard thim say that hat also, but keep in mind he's in the UK... possibly different release dates than in the US.

He appears to be well connected.
Posted by: bugg
Date: November 05, 2017 12:20AM
He runs the Minelab Owners forum in the UK, he is probably well connected. I hope he is right on the time frame.

Posted by: dewcon4414
Date: November 05, 2017 12:57PM
Dont that put a bur under your saddle? All the testing done....... several videos on dirt, yet it has more potential as a beach machine since they say it cant out perform the CTX. So that leaves us water hunters in limbo about will it or wont it be a good water machine. Im sure not going to buy one until i know.

Dew

Xcal II, Blue Xcal 1000, Sov GT, Exp SE
Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.... John Wooden.
D. Meeker

Posted by: Nuke em
Date: November 05, 2017 01:22PM
dewcon4414
Dont that put a bur under your saddle? All the testing done....... several videos on dirt, yet it has more potential as a beach machine since they say it cant out perform the CTX. So that leaves us water hunters in limbo about will it or wont it be a good water machine. Im sure not going to buy one until i know.

Dew

What makes you think the Equinox will outperform the CTX or other FBS ?
It is around half the Price.
It will have similar capability in some ways and will be faster but its still half the price.

As for Mal in that other Forum , he is a Moderator . I think he's on here somewhere if i remember right but dont know his user name if he is.

Uses = Minelab E.Trac , Minelab Explorer 11 (might sell) , Minelab Explorer XS , Minelab Equinox 800 x 2 (ordered) , Garrett Probes , Gray Ghost/ Nugget Busters

Posted by: Ksdirt
Date: November 05, 2017 01:58PM
Nuke em
dewcon4414

Dew

It will have similar capability in some ways and will be faster but its still half the price.

As for Mal in that other Forum , he is a Moderator . I think he's on here somewhere if i remember right but dont know his user name if he is.

so if they were selling them for say $1700 it would be a better machine..I see now.....wish it was $1700 now...

Posted by: NorCalGold
Date: November 05, 2017 02:45PM
I hope Mal is right and the release is only a few weeks away. I've been happy with every Minelab detector I've owned and I'm sure the Equinox 800 will be a great $900 detector, land or sea.

Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett Infinium
Garrett Carrot

Posted by: "Carolina"
Date: November 05, 2017 07:56PM
Dew I'm with you: Maybe there is a reason we have not seen a beach video. Think about it. Just sayin!

MINELAB CTX 3030
MINELAB Excalibur II
MINELAB Excalibur 1000
MINELAB Excalibur Gold Sword
VALLON VMH3CS
WHITES Dual Field

Posted by: xwyokid
Date: November 05, 2017 09:25PM
I got a call from Kellyco on the Equinox. They said it would be released in Dec.

Posted by: Beyonder
Date: November 06, 2017 08:19AM
Remember, ML is going to just come out and say, "This is better than all our other machines for a really low price." That doesn't make good marketing sense. Read between the lines.

Posted by: Nuke em
Date: November 06, 2017 11:18AM
"Carolina"
Dew I'm with you: Maybe there is a reason we have not seen a beach video. Think about it. Just sayin!

I think they just haven't had time or maybe cant be bothered . Land lovers always treat beach detectorists like the lower class LOL

Uses = Minelab E.Trac , Minelab Explorer 11 (might sell) , Minelab Explorer XS , Minelab Equinox 800 x 2 (ordered) , Garrett Probes , Gray Ghost/ Nugget Busters

Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: November 06, 2017 11:39AM
Nuke em
"Carolina"

I think they just haven't had time or maybe cant be bothered . Land lovers always treat beach detectorists like the lower class LOL

bunch of damn sand crabs shuffling around in the surf! LOL. No, it would be more a case of jealousy. I love digging silver, but even my best years ever werent even close to a good weekend for a beach hunter and gold.

I think the issue is that the testers arent allowed to post any info. Almost everything we have seen have come from the official "touchy feely" event at detectival and then a couple eastern Europe guys has posted a few vids (most likely in violation of the contracts they signed). Think about it, we have a tester here on the forum. What has he said about the EQ? not more than a couple words. Certainly no videos from him. Did he hunt it in the water? Dunno because like all the other testers, hes not talking.

I can understand being cautious about new tech in surf, its just about the worst environment possible to hunt. I think its a step too far to infer that the machine is incapable of doing well there simply because there hasnt been a pre-release video about it. Think about it, Minelab has a HUGE chunk of the water hunting game already. they aren't competing for that. They are competing for the lightweight land machines where lately they have lost a lot of market share. All the specs for the machine say it should be a solid contender for the surf. The CTX wasnt sold as a beach machine either (all terrain, but not specific ocean beach) but does really well there along being a great land hunter.

Posted by: BootyHunter
Date: November 06, 2017 06:33PM
Nuke em
dewcon4414

Dew

Price doesn't equal performance. See Garrett GTI 2500 vs AT Pro. The AT Pro will run circles around the gti at "half the price". Newer technology, in this case 5 years newer, usually equates to better performance. I have the CTX and love it, I am wagering the Equinox will be better.

My YouTube page is Bootyhunter1971, Please check it out and. Like and Subscribe!!

Posted by: "Carolina"
Date: November 06, 2017 07:39PM
Nuke em:

I'll take that wager!!!

MINELAB CTX 3030
MINELAB Excalibur II
MINELAB Excalibur 1000
MINELAB Excalibur Gold Sword
VALLON VMH3CS
WHITES Dual Field

Posted by: Neil
Date: November 06, 2017 08:04PM
BootyHunter
Nuke em
dewcon4414

Dew

Price doesn't equal performance. See Garrett GTI 2500 vs AT Pro. The AT Pro will run circles around the gti at "half the price". Newer technology, in this case 5 years
newer, usually equates to better performance. I have the CTX and love it, I am wagering the Equinox will be better.

Newer doesnt mean better .....it could.....but look at the machines in most of the discussion here....Sov and excal...early 90s, explorers....shortly after.....still top beach detectors and inland hunters.......
I cant comment on Garrets...havent used enough of them...
Shadow X5.....still one of if not the best..... small jewelry hunters.
Its fun to watch the back and forth but time has surely shown new isnt necessarily better.....

in everything give thanks

Etrac
X5
Xterra 705
T2

SunrayGold and Detectorpro Black Widow headphones

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login