Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Dont forget 15 % for vets from Minelab.
Posted by: Rick(ND)
Date: November 05, 2017 11:57AM
I wonder if the 15% off is off the MAP (Min advertised price) which is the retail price as some call it. Now Minelab is letting the dealer advertise 15% off that price to the veterans, not a 15% off that Minelab will send you back like a rebate. To tell this is make the best deal with your dealer without telling that you are a veteran, then after you make the deal then mention that you get a 15% off as you are a veteran and see what they say.
I know Minelab will not let any dealer advertise their selling price as you notice they all say call for the best price in their advertising as you can sell for what they want, but they can advertise no less than the MAP price in any advertising to make it fair for all the dealers, so now with the 15% off for veterans has been OKed with Minelab to advertise this for the dealers they can figure this in on their selling price when making the deal.
This is the way I look at it anyway and can be very wrong too,

Rick

Sovereign GT
soon to be added the Minelab Equinox 800
Noka Impact Pro
Timberwolfs HP for the Sovereign
Uni Probe For The other detectors
Got the detectors, just need time to use them

Posted by: Buddy_TX
Date: November 05, 2017 01:46PM
After spending 1967 through 1970 in Nam in the Delta its about time some of these Manufacturer's give a little discounts to Vets

AT MAX
AT PRO
Detector Pro Wader, 8" and 10"
Detector Pro Pirate Pro
Tesoro Stingray
Fisher 1280x
Whites Amphibian and Surfmaster TR
Tesoro Silver saber
Tesoro Golden Saber II
Garrett S-1, S-2, S-3 TRs
Compass Q.
Silver Turtle
TR Turtle
VLF Turtle
and a few odd balls in the back of the closet

Posted by: dewcon4414
Date: November 05, 2017 04:57PM
I personally would like to thank ML or the dealers. I spent 22 great years serving our country. Every time someone offers me a military discount im humbled.

Xcal II, Blue Xcal 1000, Sov GT, Exp SE
Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.... John Wooden.
D. Meeker

Posted by: Tyber0z
Date: November 05, 2017 08:00PM
U.S. Army Afghanistan combat vet here. My "discount" is the pride I have from my service. I'll pay the same price everyone else pays, thanks.

Posted by: sgoss66
Date: November 05, 2017 11:13PM
Thank you, sincerely, to all of you who served. Without folks who perform that thankless task, there would BE no "America..."

Steve

Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Garrett ProPointer AT
Lesche hand digger
Lesche 38D "King of Spades"

Norman, OK

Posted by: nalc472
Date: November 06, 2017 08:11AM
If the 15 percent comes off the dealers profit I would not press for greater discount. I want the dealer to also stay in business and make a little. The starting price of the 800 is low compared to my other detectors. If I pay mid 750 and get free shipping no tax i am happy:usaf::clapping:

Posted by: lytle78
Date: November 06, 2017 08:40AM
It would be nice if Minelab clarified the situation. Has anybody contacted Chicago and asked the?

Rick Kempf

Posted by: amberjack
Date: November 06, 2017 09:02AM
from other threads like this I have seen its minelab that offer the discount.

so best to check with them.....

AJ

Posted by: nalc472
Date: November 06, 2017 09:34AM
I dont want the discount to come off the top of the dealers profit. hope it is refunded from minelab.

Posted by: Sand dog
Date: November 06, 2017 10:19AM
I called my dealer that I’ve bought about 10 machines off of over the last 3-4 years and he said the list prices are the best prices he could do. Anyone else get same answer from their dealer?

John

Posted by: TomNH
Date: November 06, 2017 11:09AM
Sand dog
I called my dealer that I’ve bought about 10 machines off of over the last 3-4 years and he said the list prices are the best prices he could do. Anyone else get same answer from their dealer?

John

To be expected. High demand & cant fill orders for a while.
Hopefully they dont pull a Sony on us. They never built as many high end sets as they could sell. Keeps inventory way down
& profits for the dealer & Sony good. Happens with houses & cars too, can sell above MSRP if a hot product.

Tom
LFOD !

Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: November 06, 2017 11:28AM
Sand dog

John

Hell no! Drop your dealer and shop around!

Date: November 06, 2017 11:44AM
The first buyers may be in a position to make $100 $200 quick profit by re-selling their machines if the pipeline doesn’t fill up fast.

Rick Kempf

Posted by: tometusns
Date: November 06, 2017 02:56PM
amberjack
from other threads like this I have seen its minelab that offer the discount.

so best to check with them.....

AJ
I called minelab. Yes, you can get a15% veteran discount from minelab at your dealer on minelab's including the Equinox. I talked to Tracy and she said it would be fine for me to post this infomation.

Date: November 06, 2017 03:24PM
“15% veteran discount from minelab at your dealer” what does that mean?

Is it 15% of...

The Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) or....
The Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) - or....
The actual price your dealer and you agree on?

And is the 15% deducted from what you pay the dealer or does Minelab send you the money?

Sadly, it seems like Minelab is very reluctant to explain anything in clear plain language.

Rick Kempf

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login