Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: I dont understand the hatred:confused:
Posted by: nalc472
Date: November 10, 2017 09:06AM
I will be using my in the cold hard ground. LOL :)

Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: November 10, 2017 09:31PM
IDXMonster
Will I buy one? Sadly,I'll be warming the bench,waiting to get into the game only after our team has a significant lead...if it revives everyone's old dead sites,I'm in. If not,I don't have a need for it. Im hoping the reports come fast and furious,and this is yet another great machine in the Minelab lineup,even if I personally don't need it right now.

IDXMonster,

What if all of us decide not to tell? No field reports. Just a hush. . . . . . .

Nevermind, that'll never happen, some people just can't keep a secret.

Rich

enjoying the vistas and horizons of the Old West.

Posted by: Jason in Enid
Date: November 11, 2017 07:25AM
Rich (Utah)
IDXMonster
Will I buy one? Sadly,I'll be warming the bench,waiting to get into the game only after our team has a significant lead...if it revives everyone's old dead sites,I'm in. If not,I don't have a need for it. Im hoping the reports come fast and furious,and this is yet another great machine in the Minelab lineup,even if I personally don't need it right now.

IDXMonster,

What if all of us decide not to tell? No field reports. Just a hush. . . . . . .

Rich

Hahaha, when the CTX released and everyone was reporting how much they liked it, I kept telling them (jokingly) to shut up or else everyone would be buying one I like not having competition. :smile:

Posted by: doc holiday232
Date: November 11, 2017 07:43AM
WHAT IF--------------------------------------this was just a college proff who worked up an imaginary product for his marketing class to to guage potential buyers reaction to certain features,benefits,etc.???? Pitch fork sales would go through the roof!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: November 11, 2017 08:37AM
Rich (Utah)
IDXMonster

IDXMonster,

Rich

Rich,you KNOW Im counting on peoples’ inate Inability to keep their mouth shut...

Posted by: Dale(Ia)
Date: November 11, 2017 04:29PM
I agree with you, Jason! Excellent post!

Iowa Dale

Posted by: Victor73
Date: November 19, 2017 08:35AM
Jason in Enid
I want to preface this post by saying this is NOT about the findmall group.

I am on a lot of other Equinox groups both forums and facebook, like I'm sure a lot of others on here are. Shortly after the reveal of the EQ I looked up some groups on facebook for it. I'm always hoping to find some new tidbits of info, maybe new videos, gossip, etc. I found one group was already predominant with over 1000 members (and well more than that now) so it seemed like the best place for like-minded individuals. BOY was I wrong! I have never seen so much hate, dogging, complaining, etc in my life. I swear that half of the posting members are only there to run down a detector nobody has even been able to turn on. Complaints about weight, headphones, charging, battery, battery life, modes.... it CANT work for this, it WONT work for that, listing every failure ever seen in every other model of minelab.... and then DEMANDING these problems be fixed "before its released". Not to mention the repeated posts that anybody actually orders one is a mindless sheep.

I've been around the internet since it was invented, and there have always been your general trolls in any group, but I dont get the shear numbers that the Equinox seem to be attracting. People are like christmas morning children just waiting for failure reports to come rolling in. Good god people, just wait a couple weeks and it will available for purchase. If you don't want it, dont buy it. If youre curious just wait a few months and watch the posts of the people who did buy early. All the petty demands of things to be changed or ELSE they wont buy it.

shaking my damn head in amazement, OK, rant over, lets go back to hypothesizing about performance and technology behind it.
I am opposite of you, look why:
1. i don't understand how one could be excited 'cosmically' about a non-finished-yet product, a kind of prototype... (started with pre-orders ?!!! pre-orders of what?!!!)
2. or about embarrassing, non professional 'tests' seen via the internet... This product shown nothing.
3. or about opening here more than 30 threads about a 'maybe' future product... knowing nothing real about it... just some 'guerrilla marketing wishes' from the producer.

What if this product will be a facelift of Go-Find, or a totally failure?!
Do you realize that this product will be tested seriously all over the world and in maximum a day or seven, all will know if it's good or BS.

PS I'm not a hater of any product/producer bla bla, I have one product from this producer.

Just let the haters hate.
Posted by: Tony N (Michigan)
Date: November 19, 2017 09:09AM
Folks can hide behind their computer screens and spew all the hatred they want.
Life is too short to listen to those types. Detecting is for enjoyment, not hatred. I choose not to listen to those types who spew crap.

Re: Just let the haters hate.
Posted by: NorCalGold
Date: November 19, 2017 10:23AM
There are those who always look at things with a negative prospective and try to project their negative views on others. I too just ignore them.

Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett Infinium
Garrett Carrot

Why the Love?
Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: November 19, 2017 04:48PM
Victor73
What if this product will be a facelift of Go-Find, or a totally failure?!
Do you realize that this product will be tested seriously all over the world and in maximum a day or seven, all will know if it's good or BS.

What IF the EQUINOX is a Total Failure?

Good question Victor. IF the equinox is a TOTAL FAILURE, there will be a sizable number of detectorists from Sydney to Moscow that will be VERY UNHAPPY. There would likely be some backlash as well and a fallout with the company by many. I am guessing that you WON'T be among them as your post suggests you are a person that wants to have evidence in hand BEFORE you commit. Very wise.

Then it is to your BENEFIT to have many from the detecting community be the guinea pigs for this new detector to assure that the Equinox is tested thoroughly both in the lab and the field.

I believe the REASON many detectorists have queued up to purchase an equinox 600 or 800 (and be your guinea pig) is due to a TRUST in the reputation of Minelab Products.

Others may be following the crowd and the hype and 'jumping on the bandwagon' so to speak.

Regardless, from your standpoint, the more people testing and using this unproven detector, the better. For you, and others waiting for measurable results, each person out there swinging an equinox and reporting their findings is a point of data that can be measured in some fashion, and added to the rest to come up with an overall measure of this new detector.

You then, can place the results up next to your criteria of what you want in a detector and say YES or NO.

Best of luck to everyone on their adventures.

Rich (Utah)

enjoying the vistas and horizons of the Old West.

Re: Why the Love?
Posted by: NorCalGold
Date: November 19, 2017 05:29PM
Trust, YES. Minelab is a reputable company that has made remarkable advances in the industry. I believe they will deliver a detector worthy of all this. I'm willing to bet $899 on it!

Posted by: Southwind
Date: November 19, 2017 05:42PM
^^^^^ What NorCalGold said.

The real treasure is in the hunt...

Posted by: chasia
Date: November 19, 2017 07:16PM
There're issues or this machine would have been on the market long ago.

Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: November 19, 2017 07:21PM
Southwind
^^^^^ What NorCalGold said.

Me too.

Posted by: amberjack
Date: November 20, 2017 09:09AM
so if all posts are not we love minelab its classed as hatred ? pretty strong word to toss around not sure hate is a word I would use to describe any metal detector company some have better service than others, some have to keep shareholders happy.. etc.. so in turn have to spin some rather largish yarns to get us to reach in and pull it out , but I do have the final say in that matter, so ??

no emergency around here that I need a new detector for so just using what's been working for the last several years and if the urge comes in a year or 2 to buy another detector I may look at this one but probably be a better one by then, don't ya hate that :lmfao:

AJ

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2017 09:12AM by amberjack.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login