Findmall.com

Minelab EQUINOX Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Equinox vs Crown Caps
Posted by: Charles (Upstate NY)
Date: November 10, 2017 10:01AM
So where do crown caps ID on the Equinox? On my Se Pro Minelab brilliantly exiled crown caps to the bottom/right corner of the screen far away from coins and gold. Not only can I notch them out and forget about them, I adjust my notch so that if there is a coin hiding under the crown cap the coin tends to pull the crown cap up out of my notch to inform me. That's my silver half dollar hiding under a crown cap trick.

On my other brand machine similar to the Equinox the dreaded crown caps ID right over top of the coin ID's.

Re: Equinox vs Crown Caps
Posted by: Ksdirt
Date: November 10, 2017 10:34AM
Might found out in about another month and a half...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2017 10:37AM by Ksdirt.

Posted by: JP.Diggzzit
Date: November 10, 2017 11:54AM
In ML's latest video, there is a screen icon that looks like hamburger at the top of the range...(40?) in one of the shots. There are some comments (jokes) about it on YouTube. ML commented back...it is a bottle cap. Will large silver also ring up here? One of the best features of the CTX IMO is discriminating these out at the 1 FE line without missing the big silver at the 40's CO area! I have been on beaches where sections are completely littered with these nuisance targets. Equinox multi frequency may be able to distinguish though?

Whites coinmaster 1980's blue box (gift from father)
Whites coinmaster pro (gifted to father)
Whites Surfmaster PI Dual Field with Plugger CF Shafts
XP Deus with 11 inch coil and WS4 headphones
Minelab CTX 3030 with 11 and 17 inch coils
Minelab Excalibur II

Stealth 920 iX
TRex 9.5 inch SS scoop (split at welds multiple X)
RTG 6 inch aluminum travel scoop

Lesche Diggers
Whites Bullseye pinpointer

Posted by: lytle78
Date: November 10, 2017 12:15PM
I think it’s an aluminum screw cap, not a steel “crown” cap.

Rick Kempf

Posted by: TomNH
Date: November 10, 2017 12:22PM
The Safari has the same VID range -9 to +40. IIRC caps fall abt 30. 40 is always junk like rusty nail.
39 silver, 38 clad 10c & 25c 36-37 copper 1c. Zincins & Indians lower.
Maybe they copied part of the Safari. If so it will be great at silver, wet salt sand also depth & ID.
Safaris weakness is high trash. The EQ seems to address that. Time will tell. If its good the Safari becomes the
beach & big field machine & EQ will be for iron filled colonial homesites & high trash parks.

Tom
LFOD !

Very good point Charles
Posted by: wpaxt
Date: November 10, 2017 12:43PM
When I tested that other similar brand crown caps were a huge problem. Could never knock them out.

Love your crown cap trick, by the way. Will add it to my notebook of your dark side notes.

Bill

Date: November 11, 2017 09:37AM
TomNH
The Safari has the same VID range -9 to +40. IIRC caps fall abt 30. 40 is always junk like rusty nail.
Maybe they copied part of the Safari. If so it will be great at silver, wet salt sand also depth & ID.
Safaris weakness is high trash. The EQ seems to address that. Time will tell. If its good the Safari becomes the
beach & big field machine & EQ will be for iron filled colonial homesites & high trash parks.

Tom
LFOD !

That has targets crammed way too close together. On my Se Pro they are spread out so if I want to avoid digging clad and focus on silver its pretty easy. More importantly is GOLD, on an Se Pro I frequently dig targets above foil but below nickel/square tab, and above nickel/square tab, but below zinc cent. Ignoring the clad and common trash targets my gold targets dug per hunt skyrocketed. It may be that the mighty Se Pro still reigns supreme.

Posted by: IDXMonster
Date: November 11, 2017 10:01AM
Charles (Upstate NY)
TomNH

Tom
LFOD !

That has targets crammed way too close together. On my Se Pro they are spread out so if I want to avoid digging clad and focus on silver its pretty easy. More importantly is GOLD, on an Se Pro I frequently dig targets above foil but below nickel/square tab, and above nickel/square tab, but below zinc cent. Ignoring the clad and common trash targets my gold targets dug per hunt skyrocketed. It may be that the mighty Se Pro still reigns supreme.

“Gold PER HUNT?” Were talking about beach hunting here I assume....

Date: November 11, 2017 09:46PM
IDXMonster
Charles (Upstate NY)
TomNH

Tom
LFOD !

“Gold PER HUNT?” Were talking about beach hunting here I assume....

Correct!

Posted by: dewcon4414
Date: November 12, 2017 05:51AM
Charles...... like the Whites they may come in at the top digit because of WRAP AROUND. Unlike the Whites...... we may not be about to knock out that single digit and im not sure LEARN wouldnt to too large an area. I believe if you can knock out hot rocks they will go too. Otherwise...... learn um or reduce sensitivity a bit.

Dew

Xcal II, Blue Xcal 1000, Sov GT, Exp SE
Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.... John Wooden.
D. Meeker

Posted by: Architex
Date: November 12, 2017 06:07AM
Maybe they come in at 46 (out of 40) like the pic at the top of this page?

One Man's Trash...........is what I usually find.

XP Deus / CTX 3030

Where are the diamond rings?.............They said there'd be diamond rings !.

Posted by: Clad2Hunt
Date: November 12, 2017 06:35PM
46 is the number given for bottle caps and only bottle caps make it show.lol

Posted by: Architex
Date: November 13, 2017 03:32AM
AHA !!! I knew it !!!

One Man's Trash...........is what I usually find.

XP Deus / CTX 3030

Where are the diamond rings?.............They said there'd be diamond rings !.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login