Findmall.com

DetectorPro Products Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: DP HHPI New Design 11" Coil
Posted by: jadocs
Date: June 08, 2017 07:55AM
I have since acquired a HHPI (8" and 11"). At the time I asked the question above, I did not realize that ALL 8" coils were the spider type and ALL 11" coils were the open loop. I was expecting my 8" coil to be the loop type when I received it because that's all you see in picture searches. So IF there ever was an 11" spider, I was curious to see if it performed better than the 11" loop, and pretty much figure those results would apply to my 8" spider.

Question for you guys though, when using your 11" coil are you able to get it to sound off by flicking your wrist? Seems like any fast sudden movements will cause it to false.

Posted by: ROBOCOP
Date: June 08, 2017 09:39AM
Frequency settings are a variable.

With a 11 inch coil you can't run as much Frequency as you could with a 8 inch coil.

With the 11 inch coil I can set my threshold at almost 1 o'clock and my Frequency knob at about 3:30 almost 4 o'clock. That seems to be running it hot with some stability. Even at this setting if I submerge the coil in saltwater I cannot suddenly lift the coil without getting a false tone.
You have to keep the coil at a fixed level to run it that hot to get maximum depth. Coil control discipline is important.

With the 8 inch coil you will see that you can run a little more Frequency

Make sure you don't have a loose connection at the headphone connector. I mean a cracked wire type short. The wires are very fine. I once had a short and Gary repaired it.

Don't expect to be able to run full Frequency, especially in a saltwater environment.

ROBOCOP

Posted by: jadocs
Date: June 08, 2017 09:52AM
ROBOCOP
Frequency settings are a variable.

With a 11 inch coil you can't run as much Frequency as you could with a 8 inch coil.

With the 11 inch coil I can set my threshold at almost 1 o'clock and my Frequency knob at about 3:30 almost 4 o'clock. That seems to be running it hot with some stability. Even at this setting if I submerge the coil in saltwater I cannot suddenly lift the coil without getting a false tone.
You have to keep the coil at a fixed level to run it that hot to get maximum depth. Coil control discipline is important.

With the 8 inch coil you will see that you can run a little more Frequency

Make sure you don't have a loose connection at the headphone connector. I mean a cracked wire type short. The wires are very fine. I once had a short and Gary repaired it.

Don't expect to be able to run full Frequency, especially in a saltwater environment.

ROBOCOP

ROBOCOP thanks, yeah I've adjusted the freq down and it seems I can sill get the 11" coil to sound off by twisting my shaft real quick. Was wondering if it is the nature of the sensitive 11" coil with sudden abrupt movements. I have two sets of headphones so I will check if it does it on the new set vs. the used set.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login