Findmall.com

DetectorPro Products Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
I'll Try Asking Again...
Posted by: seahunter34
Date: January 03, 2012 03:55PM
I'm wondering how the Wader with 10 inch coil behaves in the salt? This is my thinking... 10 inch coil would cover more ground for fresh drops in shallow saltwater. I realize the Wader may not go as deep as my Excaliburs, but the Wader looks great for Caribbean travel and with 10 inch coil perhaps good for fresh drops? From past experience with a Diver and 8 inch coil, for depth one has to run sensitivity hot. My concern is that with the 10 inch coil I might have to reduce sensitivity even more than with the 8 in saltwater?

So, has anybody used the 10 inch coil in the salt?

Re: I'll Try Asking Again...
Posted by: Sven
Date: January 03, 2012 04:05PM
Sorry never used the 10" on my Wader as mine has the 8" hardwired.
If you can't get an answer here to your question, your best bet is to call Gary at Detectorpro or
PM Mr. Bill.

AKA Berkut 5 (Golden Eagle), Detectorpro Wader & Pi
Self built Pi's --- they work great in trashy areas!!
Free Metal Detector Catalog Downloads etc.:
www.treasurelinx.com

Posted by: Charles (Sabre)(Tx)
Date: March 09, 2012 09:51AM
The Wader to me was similar to the Fisher 1280X in operation. Therefore I would guess that the use of the larger coil would have you turning the sensitivity down a bit. My 1280X would go nuts with a 11" coil around salt...but the 8" worked fine.

Posted by: Talon2B
Date: March 18, 2012 08:13PM
I use the wader down on the Florida coast with no problem with the ten inch coil. I am no expert but have found several rings with the wader. I run the discrimination at around two and back the sensitivity down barely to stop the chatter very close to ten.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login