Findmall.com

DetectorPro Products Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Need Help
Posted by: Tom/Cocoa
Date: March 13, 2012 03:43PM
As I' m getting older I find that I have more problems with my back than I use to. Just spent two weeks not able to do much other than go get adjusted. I now have a sovereign Elite and a brand new CZ 21 detector. The CZ is heavy but I have one with the lifetime warranty so don't want to get rid of it. (replaced my older one last fall with a new unit which I've only use 4 hrs.) I'm thinking of selling my sovereign and buying a HH machine. Not sue which to buy . I've own two different Erick Foster PIs and loved both of them. I only hunt at Cocoa Beach here in Fl. and think either the Wader or PI would be much better on my back. Not sure which to buy since I have never used a Wader before. Any advise would be appreciated..
Thanks
Tom

Re: Need Help
Posted by: Mr.Bill
Date: March 13, 2012 04:41PM
Hi Tom

Boy that's a tough one. Cocoa Beach is one tough place to get detectors to work good. The Wader is a VLF detector, and has done real well for me around the salt environment, but I have never tried it at Cocoa. I'm not even certain how the Head Hunter PI would be there.

Now with this said, I'm referring to using it on the beach, not the water. I don't think you would have problems with the PI in the salt water, and with a bit of careful adjustments the VLF Wader, that should work also. Set the discriminator as to just cut out the affects of the salt, and run the sensitivity as high as you can stand. :)

Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill

Posted by: ROBOCOP
Date: March 13, 2012 05:30PM
I'm in Melbourne Beach and have been using the HHPI with the 11 inch coil. The settings I have been using is full volume, full frequency and tone at about10:30 o'clock. I have been digging targets as deep as my fingertips to my elbow (18 inches). I'm finding 1 inch square aluminum scraps at this level due to the beach resand project in Brevard county. This machine is light to carry and powerful. The headphones are very comfortable to wear. I'm using lithium ion rechargeable batteries ( I bought 4 and a charger for $80) and the batteries are good for 500 charging cycles. In 4 hours of use my batteries discharge from 8.25 volts to 7.8. Still more than adequate to work but I swap to a fresh pair just to keep optimum power. I've met people on the beach with Minelab Soverigns and they inquire about my Detector Pro. I think it's state of the art. Just keep the Lithium ion batteries out of the water. Lithium and water don't mix. FIRE!!!

Date: March 13, 2012 05:35PM
Thanks Mr. Bill. I'm not sure what to do yet..Erick Fosters older Gold Quest work great here and so did the Aqua quest. I'm sure the HH PI would work great here and think the Wader will but want to be sure before buying one...I guess I could go to the big K and rent one just to find out but they are a fair distance from me.....I hope someone in this area will shine in and let me try theirs..
again thanks.
Tom

Date: March 13, 2012 05:41PM
Thanks for your reply on the PI....Do you know anyone with the Wader? and if so how do they like it?...
again thanks

If the Goldquest
Posted by: Mr.Bill
Date: March 14, 2012 07:37AM
If the Goldquest worked there, the HH PI should do OK.

On the Wader, that's still a question mark ??? I think it will do fine, certainly in the water.

Bill

Re: If the Gold quest
Date: March 14, 2012 08:50AM
I guess I will go with the PI since I know more what to expect. I know I will dig much more but I found more gold with the Gold quest than any machine that I've owned. Now to sell my sovereign and my S12 Intruder coil..
again thanks..

:ukflag:Re: Need Help
Posted by: JAN1
Date: March 17, 2012 08:46AM
I have had a Wader now for 5 years, I think it is a great machine, because all the electronics are in the headphones it is very light you can swing it all day.
Where I live there are about 300 beaches within an hours drive so the Wader gets plenty of use, you can put the shaft down on the rocks and in the water without having to worry about water getting in.
I use the settings Disc2-3, Sens8. the batteries last a long time up to 40 hours.
I have just had a sort out of finds including 500 fishing weights to a weight of 40kg.
Over the years I have found gold coins, gold rings, silver rings and hundreds of pounds in coins the oldest being a 1799 cartwheel penny.
If you want to look at some of my posts most of them have a union flag on them.

Posted by: JAN1
Date: March 17, 2012 10:44AM
I have just purchased a harness for my Minelab SE which only cost 17.50 in the UK, it is very well made and takes all the weight of the machine which means that I can use it for most of the day instead of just a couple of hours.
I stopped using the Minelab as I was getting so much pain from the weight of the thing I could not concentrate on the detecting.
Hope this maybe of help.

Posted by: Smudge
Date: March 22, 2012 08:30AM
If you have a bad back, I'm not going to advise the PI detector. All that digging isn't going to help your back, especially when you're rooting around for tiny flecks of iron.

I have detected Cocoa Beach with both the PI (8" coil, which I recommend of you get a PI because the pinpointing is better and the depth is still excellent) and the Wader.

I would honestly recommend the Wader. You are going to want a little bit of discrimination on Cocoa and the surrounding beaches. The 8" coil version is the one I used. I haven;t used the 10" coil version so I don;t know what the weight distribution would be like on that one.

Good luck to ya!

De-activated at members request

Posted by: ROBOCOP
Date: March 22, 2012 04:30PM
I use my HHPI with 11 inch coil on Brevard beaches and it's true you will do a lot of digging.
I'm getting better with pinpointing with it.
I also went to Harbor Freight and bought a full size spade shovel with fiberglass shaft and D shaped handle for about $10.
Walk slowly and carry a big shovel.
Makes digging a lot easier.

Also try a back support belt like you would wear when fishing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2012 04:37PM by ROBOCOP.

Date: March 26, 2012 12:39PM
Thanks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login