Findmall.com

DetectorPro Products Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Pirate Pro Surprise
Posted by: ken ward
Date: July 01, 2015 07:36PM
Thanks for bringing this back up again. I use my pirate pro in the Philippines on the salt water beaches. When I get at the wet salt sand, I turn down my sens just a tad. Some times if I get a wave go over my coil, I might get a little goofe signal. Other than that, it does find the gold and silver. Enjoy the DP. Very under rated. I love mine. KEN. Ind.

My Detectors : Whites Surfmaster 2,,2 Tesoro Compadre,1 Detector Pro Pirate Pro 1 Silver uMaz, 1 Fisher 1266x

Posted by: amberjack
Date: July 02, 2015 07:22AM
isn't this DP based off the 1280x same 2.4 kHz crystal ??

I am driving myself nuts working out what machine to buy for salt water up to you know as deep as I can go without dying from lack of air, so no scuba gear will be involved.

can't afford a ctx flood and don't want to spend excal money so these DP things keep coming up :poke:

AJ

Posted by: ken ward
Date: July 02, 2015 08:54PM
amberjack
isn't this DP based off the 1280x same 2.4 kHz crystal ??

I am driving myself nuts working out what machine to buy for salt water up to you know as deep as I can go without dying from lack of air, so no scuba gear will be involved.

can't afford a ctx flood and don't want to spend excal money so these DP things keep coming up :poke:

AJ
Yes, it is made after the 1280x. When I am in the Philippines, I dont go in the water. I only use a hand scoop. I do get into the wet salt sand. If some of the waves hit my feet and the coil, I will get a little chatter. I can adjust the sens a little. No more chatter. You will not be sorry for getting a DP Pirate. If you are going to be out in the water, I would getthe wader or the underwater... KEN. Ind

My Detectors : Whites Surfmaster 2,,2 Tesoro Compadre,1 Detector Pro Pirate Pro 1 Silver uMaz, 1 Fisher 1266x

Posted by: amberjack
Date: July 03, 2015 01:52AM
thanks Ken on the feedback on the DP and the wader also :biggrin:

AJ

:ukflag:Re: Pirate Pro Surprise
Posted by: JAN1
Date: July 20, 2015 05:26AM
I have the old 8in Wader which I have had for about 6 years, It gets knocked on the rocks thousands of times during the summer, it is well battered but still works well.
One of the best things about the Wader is the bad test reports they get. Result, they are very cheap to buy secondhand over here when they come up for sale. If you could get one new they would be about £700 but I got a spare with the 12in coil in very good condition for £160.
If you would like to see one of my Wader finds go to the main site and look at the Sovereign on the latest news page.

Posted by: Fletch88
Date: July 20, 2015 10:18AM
If you are going to buy one get the Headhunter Underwater! It has been greatly improved over the older units!

Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, CORS Fortune 5.5x9.5
CTX 3030
Silver uMax- 8" Donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado

Posted by: M.A.
Date: October 04, 2015 03:53PM
For Sven.
I agree with you about the simplicity and ease. But, I wish there were a generic setting chart for the discrimination and sensitivity for salt water, beach sand, park dirt etc. I always seem to keep mine at the same setting out of fear of screwing it up for the next hunt!
Has anyone made a "cheat sheet" of settings???

Thank you!!

Re: :ukflag:Re: Pirate Pro Surprise
Posted by: M.A.
Date: October 04, 2015 04:20PM
Hello JAN1,

I have my Wader for about 13 years and it too, is pretty worn.
Do you have a cheat sheet of suggested settings in various places? I am so afraid to mess them up, or miss out on good hunting days that I tend to NOT change anything!
I seem to keep the descrim. at 2-3 and the Sens. at 8-9 in all sorts of places. Lately I've had a lot of chatter, even with changing the Sensitivity. I had he head phones serviced last year and they are starting to chatter again.
Thanks!

Posted by: finnfoto
Date: October 05, 2015 02:11PM
I think about as simple as you can get is a disc of around 2 to 3 just so it nock out iron or begins to give a choppy chatter over iron. ,,, sensitivity as high as it can go without flaseing, and volume as high as you can heandle it. I think most everyone runs these settings. It's a common setting. Good luck.

Posted by: Miser67
Date: October 05, 2015 02:49PM
Yes, a setting of "2" on discrimination takes care of most screwcaps and a setting of just below "5" keeps in nickels and gets rid of foil. There is a depth sacrifice running discrimination that high, but the amount depends on your soil conditions.

As always, any post I make here is solely my opinion based on my own experience and knowledge. Feel free to disagree.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login