Findmall.com

DetectorPro Products Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Pirate Pro Surprise
Posted by: Elton
Date: August 27, 2012 08:48AM
To be honest I got this Pirate Pro thinking I might detect some water sites. After reading a few reviews here I didn't expect much from the detector.

Most people didn't like it. Frankly it was not reviewed very well. As a result I set my water detecting desire aside.

Today it is raining here pretty hard. My neighbors daughter called and asked me if I could look for her Gold ring she lost in their driveway area.
Like I said it was raining.so I grabbed the Pirate Pro..Put batteries in, and down the street I went...

I searched the grass area for about 30 minutes..Long enough to get soaked LOL....

I could not find the ring.Not even close........... You ask why would I post this story??

After looking for the 30 minutes Cheryl said she may not have lost the ring there. She noticed it missing as she was getting out of the car and thought it might have just come off as she was getting out.. Teenagers LOL.........

Here is the part that surprised............. Since I was getting wet anyway.. I dug all targets, deep, and the shallow I was looking for. I never let an opportunity go by without seeing what I am detecting...
In the grass next to driveway.............

Sorry No Pics .......... I gave the stuff to the girl..

At 6" a 1947 Wheat cent
..One Silver Merc 19? at 6"..Torn up by lawn Mower
One Metal cigarette lighter at a good foot deep.
One small pendent and I mean small at 7" The type that goes on bracelets(Charm) that have a meaning to the person who put it on the bracelet..This one was a Tennis Racket........

My point..The Pirate Pro has plenty of depth, stable operation, and was very easy to swing... Sorry now I read the poor reviews and didn't go detecting with the Pirate Pro in the water..

I'm going to fix that ............... Jeez I wonder how many good finds I have mised in the water because of a few not so positive posts...

Supporter Of Findmall Sponsors
Proud to be a findmall Moderator !

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2012 08:59AM by Elton.

Re: Pirate Pro Surprise
Posted by: Mr.Bill
Date: August 27, 2012 09:43AM
Elton

Just a bit of information about the Pirate. It is not waterproof. It will handle a splash or two, (splash proof), but having it fall into the water may end it's usefulness. :shrug:

Mr. Bill

Posted by: Smudge
Date: August 27, 2012 09:52AM
Elton,

Thank you for that wonderful review.

The PiratePro runs at a very low frequency (2-3 kHz?) which seems to me would make for an excellent coin machine.

I just have my doubts about it in wet salt sand.

De-activated at members request

Date: August 27, 2012 11:35AM
Thanks Bill............. I thought from what I read it was capable of chest deep wades........ just being careful not to drop the controls off your head while digging..
Maybe I will not go water detecting after all. .hmmmmm

Bill exactly why was this detector designed.. Beach hunts only ????? Rain days ???

Posted by: pelanj
Date: August 28, 2012 01:27PM
I used to have a Wader. If the sensitivity is reduced, it works well. I have found a few coins and a silver ring in salt water.

Update ..................................
Date: September 06, 2012 05:52PM
I sent Detector Pro a Question about the use of the Pirate Pro ...........

I was a little surprised to read on the forum that wading was not one of the intended uses of the Detector...

Well I just found out from Detector Pro it is in fact designed for wading..................

Quote from the E-mail....................... It was designed for wading and land use.It can also be used in the rain. It is not for Diving or Snorkeling.

Best Regards

Detectorpro

Thank you Detector Pro for the update on the Pirate Pro abilities ...........

Posted by: af647
Date: May 02, 2013 01:48AM
had wader pro and liked the quality
would like to see a pro wih a coin meter
sold it as i like 10 inch coil
never liked coils that are 6 to 8 inches as they dont cover enough ground for me
found if you put the discriminate at 6 out of 10 onmost machines
you lose depth but get more coins on land
i only use 2 out of 10 for beach or water
yes i know,,,, no disc is excellent too at beach/water

Posted by: captRobert
Date: May 10, 2013 04:05PM
Very fair review! DP makes fine detectors,. The low khz makes it ideal for finding gold,silver, coins etc. some hunters find the lack of a screen readout a negative, personally I find it a positive.

Posted by: Sven
Date: May 10, 2013 05:24PM
If folks would read the archived posts, they might just have a different outlook on DP detectors.
They make detecting too easy.....................it just can't be that way. Wrong. My Wader is basically, turn on and hunt.
Perfect detectors for the beginner and your guaranteed to find something good in short order. You don't need a noisey
multi tone noise maker with bouncing numbers flashing across the screen to find good stuff...................and ID machines
just seem to be inaccurate most of the time...................
I like the beep and dig machines.

Deteknix Quest Pro, Teknetics Mark 1, Nokta Impact
Self built Mirage Pi's --- they work great in trashy areas!!

Posted by: Digging Fool
Date: June 04, 2013 07:54AM
I had a plain HeadHunter Pirate, and loved it. Now I have a Pirate Pro that needs to go in for fixing. It seems to have messed-up while hanging on the rack in storage, but I'm sure it will be good as new when I get it back. I regret getting rid of the basic Pirate. I liked that machine better. It would "hang with" my Tiger Shark. But as y'all know, detector have their own "personalities", so to speak. :thumbup:

Posted by: Sven
Date: June 04, 2013 03:26PM
Have to tell you had the Tigershark myself it was great on small stuff but, noisey as heck if there was a lot of junk. The quack quack sound became annoying afterwhile.
Bought the Fisher 1280 and Detectorpro Diver. After I hunted with all three, chose to get rid of the TS. Then made the decision that I need to get rid of one of those two.
The detector that stayed was the Diver. Then bought a Wader for my wife, nice blue color. She didn't use it much and I really didn't care for the color yellow. You might guess
right, the Diver went up for sale. The Wader stayed. And that's my story.

Deteknix Quest Pro, Teknetics Mark 1, Nokta Impact
Self built Mirage Pi's --- they work great in trashy areas!!

Posted by: charlotte49er
Date: June 24, 2013 09:32AM

One of my favorite pics of the Pirate Pro!

My Detectors :

XP DEUS
Fisher: F2, F4, F70, F75
Tesoro: Compadre, Vaquero, Tejon, Silver UMax, Cortes
Ground EFX 200
DetectorPro: Wader & PiratePro
Aussie Nugget Snoop
Falcon MD20
Plus Pin Pointers!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2013 09:33AM by charlotte49er.

Posted by: Digging Fool
Date: June 24, 2013 09:57AM
Taking mine out in a few days. Will post results.

Posted by: JAN1
Date: June 30, 2013 05:44AM
Sven!
you missed a part of your post.
The DP is a turn on and go but you can also swing it all day without any aches that you get with most other machines.
I have the Wader but always wear a thin wooly hat which seems to keep the headphones on a lot easier.
I have one with the 8in coil and a spare with a 10in coil but I much prefer the 8in coil one.

Posted by: broadestpower
Date: June 30, 2015 10:02PM
Thanks for the info on the pirate pro. I never knew this brand existed. I've been looking for something decent to swing at the beach that didn't get messed up by hot rocks and minerals. I've watched a few videos and this metal detector seems to hold its own in wet sand and submerged in salt water. Very reasonable price and hobbyists are raving about how they can swing it all day because it is so light.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login