Findmall.com

DetectorPro Products Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Uniprobe problems
Posted by: cannon
Date: January 12, 2014 05:34PM
Hi I bought the uniprobe setup, thought it would be a good option for my ctx 3030. Thought I had a handle on how top use the things and brought them with me on a MD trip in the UK. I found they were absolutely unusable! Everytime I would put them in the whole, no matter how much I tinkered with the settings it would just click and them make a really loud squelching sound then click again. Just air checking they seem good, but not finding anything in the ground. Is there something I am missing with the setup or could the CTX be causing this maybe? Right now it is the worst 300$ I have spent on anything metal detecting. I followed the basic directions that came with them, but I am at a loss. Any tips appreciated.

Re: Uniprobe problems
Posted by: Overvoltage
Date: January 26, 2015 08:19PM
Cannon, I was curious, did you get the uniprobe figured out? I was thinking about getting one but not if it does not play well with the CTX. I would think it would be the perfect probe mated to the CTC wireless module.

:minelab: Minelab CTX-3030, CTX-17, CTX-11, CTX-06, ProSwing 45
:garrett: Garrett Infinium LS, 10X14DD, 8" Mono
:garrett: GTAx500 8" Concentric
:garrett: Master Hunter ADS-3 3.5", 8" 10", 15", Blood Hound
:garrett: ProPointer

Oldest coin: 1901 "V" Nickel

Posted by: trojdor
Date: April 23, 2015 02:08AM
I realize this is an old post, but the problem sounds like a bad/intermittent connection at the probe's BNC connector. It's very, very common.

Otherwise, it's an excellent choice with the CTX, and they 'play together' quite well.

You may just want to purchase an extra probe, and swap out the bad one to send off to DP.

mike

Posted by: trojdor
Date: April 23, 2015 02:16AM
Overvoltage
Cannon, I was curious, did you get the uniprobe figured out? I was thinking about getting one but not if it does not play well with the CTX. I would think it would be the perfect probe mated to the CTC wireless module.

OV, that's exactly how I use mine. Works great, but I carry a TRX as well.
Why?
The UP is deeper seeking, (3-4+ inches) but being PI technology, it doesn't pick up foil well. (but loves gold)
The TRX picks up tiny bits of foil almost TOO well, but isn't as deep...especially in mineralized soil.

If you're looking specifically for gold rings in the foil region (typical ladies bands), you can classify shallow hits (3+ inches) before you dig:
It the (more sensitive) UP won't pick up the signal, but the TRX will...it's foil. Move on.
If the UP hits hard, dig.

:)
mike

Posted by: tiftaaft
Date: January 16, 2017 02:14PM
trojdor
I realize this is an old post, but the problem sounds like a bad/intermittent connection at the probe's BNC connector. It's very, very common.

Otherwise, it's an excellent choice with the CTX, and they 'play together' quite well.

You may just want to purchase an extra probe, and swap out the bad one to send off to DP.

mike

I received my uniprobe over Christmas and have had it out only a few times due to the weather, but it seems to work VERY well with my CTX. I'm still getting the hang of setting the sensitivity to maximize depth, but not false everytime I move it around the ground.. but I have noticed that I am digging more precise holes on those shallow 2 - 3" targets already, and I expect to be able to poinpoint to 4 or 5" with more practice. I LOVE having the probe tone in my ear!!

Tim

Posted by: daddyflea
Date: January 18, 2017 01:08PM
tiftaaft
trojdor

mike

I received my uniprobe over Christmas and have had it out only a few times due to the weather, but it seems to work VERY well with my CTX. I'm still getting the hang of setting the sensitivity to maximize depth, but not false everytime I move it around the ground.. but I have noticed that I am digging more precise holes on those shallow 2 - 3" targets already, and I expect to be able to poinpoint to 4 or 5" with more practice. I LOVE having the probe tone in my ear!!

Tim

Just wondering if these have been discontinued like the Pocket Probe?

Minelab Etrac
Mars Pinpointer
Garrett Pro pointer (Carrot Stick)
DetectorPro Rattler Headphones
Coiltek 10X5 & 12X8 Coil
Sun Ray X-8 & X-12
Detech 6" Coil
Etrac Stock 11" Coil
Predator Tools 31c digger
Lesche digger
Lesche Heavyweight Mini Pick

Date: January 18, 2017 02:04PM
[/quote]

Just wondering if these have been discontinued like the Pocket Probe?[/quote]

I was able to purchase my uniprobe with integrated headphones through detectorpro with no problem about 6 weeks ago....

Date: January 21, 2017 11:22PM
Found out a couple days ago that in fact the Uniprobe is a Discontinued Product.

Minelab Etrac
Mars Pinpointer
Coiltek 10X5 & 12X8 Coil
Sun Ray X-8 & X-12
Detech 6" Coil
Etrac Stock 11" Coil
Lesche digger

Date: January 24, 2017 11:59AM
Thanks for the update Daddyflea... I am glad I was able to get mine when I did. Another thread mentioned new products coming soon... I'm anxious to see what they have to offer.

Date: January 24, 2017 02:46PM
tiftaaft
Thanks for the update Daddyflea... I am glad I was able to get mine when I did. Another thread mentioned new products coming soon... I'm anxious to see what they have to offer.

So am I . I like these products and I hate to see companies like Sunray and Detector Pro go down hill.

Minelab Etrac
Mars Pinpointer
Coiltek 10X5 & 12X8 Coil
Sun Ray X-8 & X-12
Detech 6" Coil
Etrac Stock 11" Coil
Lesche digger

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login