Findmall.com

DetectorPro Products Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
NEED SOME FEEDBACK ON DET.PRO. H.H. P/L:twodetecting:
Posted by: C.J.M.
Date: November 17, 2014 06:31PM
Have a nice det pro p/I need some feed back on this beast as for settings,how long does a alkaline battery last.Which is better 9" or 11" coils for salt water on dry,wet sand and water?Does this detector have good depth being its a P.L.?:shrug:would appreciate your help:help:---------james---------------cjm45@suddenlink.net

Re: NEED SOME FEEDBACK ON DET.PRO. H.H. P/L:twodetecting:
Posted by: pasttom
Date: November 18, 2014 02:14AM
I have used the HHPI for several years and had the dual coil version for a while. I found the 11 inch coil a bit of a challenge to pin point and more of a fatigue factor, but I wish I had kept it. My impression using the 8 inch coil is it is a pleasant and easy to use PI. I do not consider it deep for a PI but much better than any single frequency vlf in wet salt sand- on a par with a CZ. Battery life is not great if you expect to do much hunting with one get some high end rechargeable batteries. With the escalating price of 9vs it really gets expensive otherwise. I was getting 6 to 8 hours an a PAIR of 9vs adding up to about a dollar an hour to run!

Pastor Tom
7 Minelabs, 3 Makros and a few others - rebuilding inventory
under the watchful eyes of my Welsh Corgi Sadie

Date: November 19, 2014 08:27PM
thank you, those 11 " coils are very hard to find used:rolleyes:, and the new ones are out of sight.Front from what I heard the 8'' coil is easier to pin point with.

Posted by: jeffc
Date: November 21, 2014 06:55PM
Does anyone know where you can find an 8" coil for this machine? Are they still manufactured? Thanks.

JC

Detector pro has all of them:thumbup:N/T
Date: December 04, 2014 06:28PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Re: Detector pro has all of them:thumbup:
Posted by: jeffc
Date: December 04, 2014 08:08PM
Thanks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login