Findmall.com

DetectorPro Products Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Rattler Headphones
Posted by: daddyflea
Date: November 26, 2014 06:56PM
I want to state in advance I really hate Headphones. Here it is usually too hot to wear them and with them on you have trouble hearing your Pinpointer.

I hunted a place near a major Highway and just could not hear my detector (V3i). I have a good set of Headphones but I just can not stand to wear them.

I ordered the DetectorPro Rattler. I figured it might be half as hot and I would be able to hear my Pinpointer without taking them off. I was totally right. I still hate Headphones but I can stand to wear these. They are just as comfortable as any I have ever used but do not give me that isolated feeling. Much more aware of my surroundings. Only controls are a switch that corrects the wiring which worked on my V3i and a volume control.

If you need phones but hate to wear them these are the ticket.

Minelab Etrac
Mars Pinpointer
Garrett Pro pointer (Carrot Stick)
DetectorPro Rattler Headphones
Coiltek 10X5 & 12X8 Coil
Sun Ray X-8 & X-12
Detech 6" Coil
Etrac Stock 11" Coil
Predator Tools 31c digger
Lesche digger
Lesche Heavyweight Mini Pick

Re: Rattler Headphones
Posted by: u2robert
Date: January 26, 2015 05:55PM
I was wondering about the rattler's I like I ideal but was wondering if only having 1 ear muff if it made you walk funny? I like the ideal of having the 1 ear free for outside noise cause I detect in some pretty dicey places and don't want anyone creeping me. do they stay on good?

Posted by: daddyflea
Date: January 26, 2015 06:21PM
u2robert
I was wondering about the rattler's I like I ideal but was wondering if only having 1 ear muff if it made you walk funny? I like the ideal of having the 1 ear free for outside noise cause I detect in some pretty dicey places and don't want anyone creeping me. do they stay on good?

They are great. Nothing negative at all about them. They stay on very good.

Minelab Etrac
Mars Pinpointer
Garrett Pro pointer (Carrot Stick)
DetectorPro Rattler Headphones
Coiltek 10X5 & 12X8 Coil
Sun Ray X-8 & X-12
Detech 6" Coil
Etrac Stock 11" Coil
Predator Tools 31c digger
Lesche digger
Lesche Heavyweight Mini Pick

Posted by: wltdwiz
Date: January 26, 2015 08:03PM
i love mine :thumbup:

Walt

Minelab EQUINOX the new grab & go

Minelab SDC 2300 for the nuggets

Minelab SD 2200d w/ 14x7 nugget finder coil for the deep nuggets

Fisher Goldbug 2 for the nugglets

Garrett Pro Pointer / land & sea pinponter

Posted by: Charlie P. (NY)
Date: February 01, 2015 01:26PM
I have a set of the Black Widows but rely on my Rattler 90% of the time. They (it?) work great and one-ear is open just in case. I have had folks scare the bejezus out of me when I was isolated from the world in the Black Widows. You don't hear normal conversation.

One problem with the Rattler is I have a large head and the compression pad flattens a patch of skin that gets sore from having the blood squished out after a length of time. Proper hat selection helps,

Posted by: finnfoto
Date: February 01, 2015 02:07PM
LOL. You don't have a Large head It's jsut you have more brains then others Charlie . lol I have the same problem. I once had to use a 5 gallon bucket with 2 holes cut on each side and glued speakers to the hole section. Looked funny but it worked. LOL Good times. :pinnochio

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login