Findmall.com

DetectorPro Products Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Its so Dead here.
Posted by: TXPIRATE
Date: December 22, 2014 03:51PM
Makes you wonder is it the time of year. Or Just lack of Users. I was wanting to buy an Underwater but looks like every ones gone for the winter.

Re: Its so Dead here.
Posted by: mulletminnow
Date: December 22, 2014 05:41PM
Sure would like to know Your reasons for buying the Underwater as I've been considering one Myself.
I only hunt saltwater, and everyone says single frequency won't handle the salt plus it runs on 2.4 which is supposed to overlook small gold.
Gary Storms' reputation on the Excal build leads one to believe that He knows what He's doing and just might have an ace up His sleeve so to speak.
I'm running a P.I. now but would like to have a lighter machine to use if it would have a little discrimation to get rid of some of the trash

thanks

Posted by: TXPIRATE
Date: December 22, 2014 07:29PM
If i buy one. when i had the wader i really liked it. Hard times came and i sold it
I have a bad shoulder and elbow so the slim profile. Appeals to me it just the matter of coming
up with funds. An theres a part of me that pulls for the underdog.
Detecterpro is the small guy when it comes to detectors.

Posted by: mudpuppy
Date: December 24, 2014 05:27AM
I check in here everyday to see if anybodies got anything else to report about this rig..!

I'll get one for freshwater shallow diving where I cant wade with the AtPro...of course, I have to really commit to a new way of hunting, and get tanks and a little gear...its been ages since I've scuba'd...It will be a bit of effort and a lot tougher than totlotting, hauling heavy stuff getting into a wetsuit and all that, plus a guy would have to commit to a good stretch of time expended per hunt instead of a few early morning hours...but I believe it may pay for me...that is, after I drop a couple grand on the rig and dive gear.. Its getting tough to find 'wade' gold around here anymore, and theres not many fresh drops at all going on, no beach traffic at all last Summer...so thats what I'm thinking about the YooDub..maybe go sub surface just a few fathoms and hunt in 2015?:shrug:
Mud

Nasty words, and suggestive post.

Posted by: finnfoto
Date: December 25, 2014 08:51AM
I check in as well and it's always dead . Must be the time of year. I'm working on another project (Tinkering) again with an old Landpro.

I had spoke with Gary Storm about purchasing one of the recharable batteries from the new underwater for an install in the landpro. unfortunately that was a nogo. Soooo I am looking into another alternative with a rechargable set up the same way. Then will come the fun part like always. Resealing up all the connections and controls internally . I did manage to recalibrate the unit and it is hitting nicely on the small stuff at a little better depth. I also prefer a hightone so that had to be adjusted as well. Still undecided on removing the probe from the headphones yet as If i do make this unit entirely waterproof It would be kinda cool to have on there while pinpointing underwater. Snorkeling . Will see. Hope everyone has a great Christmas and if nothing new ,by all means throw some reviews up of your current DP unit . :super:

Posted by: JAN1
Date: December 26, 2014 05:08AM
Sorry but I stopped posting as I have tried to make posts interesting but the last one was hacked about so much I stopped bothering. Tried to find out the rules but found I had done nothing wrong.
Waders do find Gold, I had my best year yet with Gold rings up to 13g and even a Tungsten wedding band.

Date: December 26, 2014 06:52AM
Very nice. JAN1. I'd like to see some coil options for the DP units. Outside of the 8'' and 10'' coils. A 6'' and a 12'' and even a D.D. coil would be nice. I'll mention that to Gary Storm and see what for reply I may get.

I know the PiratePro I ran last year at the lakes . I had to recalibrate it to suit me and it picked up earring studs with out any problem. Thing is was that it took me a bit to get on to how I made that happen. I ran a 10'' coil and after some adjusting i could pic up the earrings SMALL earrings with the right and left sides of the coil . Wouldnt hit at all in the center of the coil. It would also hit 12'' on a 14kt ladies engagement ring very well.

Disc' of iron was good . Alot of fun. Now I have a landpro and will probably tinker with it some before I get back into the water.

Re: Its so Dead here.N/T
Posted by: iqwozpoom
Date: November 27, 2015 11:16PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Date: December 03, 2015 09:13AM
I agree. Is it because there isn't anyone finding anything with there units or they are just waiting on that spectacular find to make them a firm believer. I think we need more youtube video's for more proof in the pudding so to speak of how good the underwater is , especially with the large coil.

Posted by: Dertnc
Date: December 03, 2015 02:45PM
Check out detector comparisons on you tube, he has some great videos on the underwater unit

Date: December 04, 2015 07:36AM
Another thing I wish DP would do is bring back the PI unit with an underwater version. :detecting:

Posted by: Sven
Date: December 04, 2015 10:49AM
finnfoto
Another thing I wish DP would do is bring back the PI unit with an underwater version. :detecting:

Just get yourself C-Scope CS6PI. Designed by Eric Foster like the DP PI and they both operate the same.
Manuals read about the same word for word.
It will be the closest you'll get to the DP PI.

Or get a current CS4PI.

Only thing they are not waterproof, you would have to put them in a waterproof housing.

If you want the waterproof model hunt down an older CS7.

Mr. Bill :

The CS4PI looks like it's based on the CS7. Looks like the same housing, same coil.

Just taking a guess, but I would venture to say it's a modified CS7.:razz:

A side note:

Eric did design their PI's for them, but they choose to use a PIC chip to control the CS7, a bit different than what Eric designed. In it's day it was the hottest consumer PI one could get on the open market. It ran at 15uS., and was basically a Beachscan cut down a bit.

The CS6 PI was like it but without the PIC controller, and not waterproof, and a tad slower.

Deteknix Quest Pro, Teknetics Mark 1, Nokta Impact
Self built Mirage Pi's --- they work great in trashy areas!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2015 10:56AM by Sven.

Posted by: glasartisan
Date: December 07, 2015 08:21PM
Bottom line is they just are not popular. I had the new 12 inch UW. It was not good at all for my hunting situations. Not deep at all.

Date: December 20, 2015 09:16AM
I said this before. If fisher would put the cz,21 inside a set of DP. head phones. .submersible. WOW. Now that Would be a powerhouse . :thumbup: and a ton of fun. design i the same way as the underwater with rechargable.

wOWEE, This post started a year ago.
Posted by: Sven
Date: December 22, 2015 10:22AM
What happened to everyone that bought the UW?
Maybe some will get one from SAnta?

Deteknix Quest Pro, Teknetics Mark 1, Nokta Impact
Self built Mirage Pi's --- they work great in trashy areas!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login