Findmall.com

DetectorPro Products Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Detectorpro Diver - Would you Buy One?
Posted by: flysar
Date: January 15, 2015 07:03PM
Would you buy a newly reconditioned Diver, ear cups, coil etc and how much would you pay or should I save my pennies and buy the underwater?

I know the diver had problems with leakage so should I stay clear and spend another $300-$400 on the Underwater?

Re: Detectorpro Diver - Would you Buy One?
Posted by: Dertnc
Date: January 15, 2015 07:32PM
If you're just going to be wading and possible snorkeling with it I would say go for it , BUT if you're going to dive with it save your money and get the Underwater . The Underwater is a hotter unit than the Diver .

Date: January 15, 2015 07:39PM
I'd just snorkel with it, most times head above water.

How is the UW hotter, it's the same 2.5kHz? I suppose the electronics could be different I just thought the improvement was the sealed headset with rechargeable battery.

Posted by: Dertnc
Date: January 15, 2015 09:13PM
All I can tell you is that I have a Head Hunter and a Underwater and I've owned a Diver and the Underwater is definitely hotter .

Date: January 15, 2015 09:38PM
That's good to know maybe I'll just save my pennies and go for the UW.

Posted by: finnfoto
Date: January 17, 2015 07:37AM
Dert is on the money with that one. Save the bucks and get the better unit in this case. I may part with my land pro for a underwater if anybody knows any one thats looking. lol

I had the Wader and Diver...the UW is better
Posted by: therover
Date: January 17, 2015 08:09AM
I would also suggest saving up and getting the UW.

Not that the older Waders and Divers are not good units...they are. If you want to save some money go for it. But if used they are probably out of warranty ( but Gary at Detector Pro is great on repairs and does not charge and arm and a leg if something does happen to the older units).

The UW is just made better, stronger and sturdier, seems to have a bit more spunk and the on board battery is a major plus.

Only downside at this point in my opinion is it only comes with a hard wired 8 inch coil. Although the ability to swap out coils was a good thing on the other units, it may also have compromised their 'water proofness'. I like using 8 inch coils for all around use, so I am happy with my UW.

I just have to find time to get out and hunt with it !

Re: Sent you a PM.. Could you get back to me at your convience??N/T
Posted by: Mark ( ohio )
Date: January 17, 2015 08:25AM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Re: OOPS... that was supposed to go to therover...N/T
Posted by: Mark ( ohio )
Date: January 17, 2015 08:26AM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Posted by: finnfoto
Date: January 17, 2015 08:43AM
Correct. Gary is a good guy. Very helpful and He will help you as best as he can. Its always been better to talk with him over the phone rather then try and send an email.

The older units are pretty much made for wadeing and still will get the job done. I know a few minor tweaks will increase the performance a tad bit. The new underwater is deffenetly the way togo if water hunting.

Who Knows, maybe something will pop up in the future and they will have other options or something and throw in a new PI.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login