Findmall.com

DetectorPro Products Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
So I took my Pirate Pro out to a local school yard...
Posted by: capt.
Date: January 18, 2015 08:23PM
And did pretty good. This detector makes a great land detector too. Just have to take your time and let it do its thing. It has good depth too as one quarter was 8+ inches deep. I love the feedback this detector gives me. If you set it at a disc of 6 you get rid most trash but still get nickels, some tabs and zinc pennies. Disc at 8 and you are all set to cherry pick the quarters, dimes, copper pennys and any silver rings you may run across... zinc pennys come in broken and are easy to dismiss. If you don't do this the zincs will drive you crazy.

Missed silver by 1 year with a 65 quarter. Also a coin spill of all quarters. 8 of them!!! Never had that happen before... they just kept appearing!

I have a Teknetics Gamma 6000 that I have been using for the last few days and just wanted to change it up a little bit. The LACK of things to do with this machine actually takes some getting used to when you are used to a bunch of bells and whistles. SImple and effective... doesn't get much better than that.

17 quarters, 3 nickels, 19 dimes, 13 copper pennies, 20 zinc pennies, a little locket and a religious medalion. The medalion was gold colored... heart skipped a beat for a few seconds as I dug it out.

capt.

Fisher F75 with 11" DD and 6" elipitical coils and Sunray probe/pinpointer, Teknetics Gamma 6000 with Teknetics 11"DD, 5" DD and 8" concentric coils, DetectorPro PiratePro, Garrett Propointer.

Re: So I took my Pirate Pro out to a local school yard...
Posted by: finnfoto
Date: January 19, 2015 05:18AM
Awesome, Great to hear. Don't read to many posts on dirt fishing with this unit. Glad to see someone else does . I usually run my disc around 2. Just enough to nock out iron and even tho I will get tabs as I do a good deal of lake and beach hunting it finds the gold rings like a champ.

Keep the pics and stories comming. Love to hear about all the good finds. :thumbup:

Nice hunt Capt.
Posted by: therover
Date: January 19, 2015 08:10AM
Yup, the Detector Pro's are simple, sweet units for land hunting. They are very good in trashy, aluminum filled sites.

Re: So I took my Pirate Pro out to a local school yard...
Posted by: finnfoto
Date: January 19, 2015 03:34PM
I have one I am looking to trade if anyone is looking for a landpro. :thumbup:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login