Findmall.com

DetectorPro Products Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
UW with 12 inch DD
Posted by: therover
Date: January 28, 2015 08:09AM
Anyone see the video of the Underwater with the 12 inch DD coil ?

Wonder if that will be a production model in the near future, or only a prototype.

Re: UW with 12 inch DD
Posted by: TXPIRATE
Date: January 28, 2015 03:12PM
Yes they say it going to be production. Its a good video on youtube. The Gold chain was cool.

Posted by: TXPIRATE
Date: January 28, 2015 03:15PM
there is also one were there diving with it.

Posted by: mudpuppy
Date: January 29, 2015 08:22AM
Gotta link to that youtube vid? I looked yesterday but could not find it...I would really like to see it....12"dd on the new Udub and I'm a buyer!:drool:
Mud

Nasty words, and suggestive post.

Here ya go Mud
Date: January 29, 2015 01:38PM
Here is the one with the gold ring comparison
Date: January 29, 2015 01:40PM
Posted by: flysar
Date: January 29, 2015 03:35PM
I'd like to see the same video test with the UW 8" and UW 12" compared.

Posted by: finnfoto
Date: January 29, 2015 04:09PM
yes it wqill be a production model. Possibly available come spring. The new video is Killer. nel made one serious coil the Tornado for the under water which blew my mind as far as killing the excal and cz-21 in depth and sensitivity for only being a 2.4khz unit. Just goes to show. Marketting is what usually makes the big names sell more units. In this case a mid priced unit kicked there a$$. I spoke with the folks at NEL also to see if by chance they would sell the Tornado coil seperately for the detectorpro units and unfortunately they are only being made for DetectorPro, Garys company. So maybe Gary would possibly sell a coil seperatly thru his company at his price. Either way he'd still be making money. Would be nice. Will see.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2015 04:20PM by finnfoto.

I had heard NEL was going to make a coil for them
Date: January 29, 2015 04:32PM
I heard this awhile ago but did not want to post anything due to the source being a friend.

Hope this does become a production model. Would get one in a minute. Too bad the original UW did not come with the ability to swap out coils. In any event, an UW with an 8 inch concentric and one with a 12 inch DD would fit the arsenal nicely. I am all into lighter weight units at this stage of the game !!!!

Posted by: tvr
Date: January 29, 2015 05:16PM
Lighter and well balanced set ups are a definite advantage; not only in use, but when traveling. Sure is easier to pack up one of the detector pro's in a suit case than it is for either an Excal or CZ.

The UW with 12 inch coil shows very good results in the videos. Appears the CZ was set at disc 1 or maybe even 2 for the rings in the sand tests. Would have liked to see it set at disc 0. I know I've detected rings in mild to moderate black sand environments that bounced solid low to scratchy mid-tone at depths comparable to the test rings that didn't sound off in the video. Of course I wasn't there and can't clearly read the settings in the video, so I am left with a little doubt in that one aspect.

Now I am further torn about what the next addition to the detector arsenal might be!
tvr

Posted by: glasartisan
Date: January 29, 2015 09:31PM
This is great news. Finally a larger coil available. Anyone know when they will be for sale? I remember back when I believe detector pro had the diver models. Didn't these come with a special connector that allowed for a coil to be switched out? I wonder now that 2 coils are available if Gary will incorporate this connector on the new underwaters. It would be great to now have 2 coil choices at hand and to be changeable. Steve

Posted by: nagov
Date: January 30, 2015 02:56AM
Not to be a doubter or skeptic here, but that is a big coil to be at the end of a shaft for typical hunting. I understand the UW is made for diving/snorkel detecting but I would be willing to bet most would use it for the typical wading/wet sand hunting..... the "average" 10/11"" coil has a bit of weight to be at the end of a shaft without any counter balancing and also hard to move through the water.... I've dealt with the CZ-21 (hip mount) 11" coil(?) and the Excal also hip mounted with the 10" coil both were tough on the arms and joints. I would assume that this 12" would not float (not great for diving) ..........weight of that large coil would/could be a problem..... That being said, I'm looking hard at this one for sure!

Cliff

Walk near it, swing over it and understand what the machine is telling you....

I hear what you are saying Cliff
Date: January 30, 2015 05:20AM
Moving a bigger coil in water is a task.

For me, I wet sand hunt 95% of the time, and if in the water, it's in the suds to knee deep.

I would put that 12 inch coil on a straight shaft and counter balance it. That would be my set up, so in that instance, it would be a plus for me to have a bigger coil on the UW.

Posted by: mudpuppy
Date: January 30, 2015 06:12AM
Great Vids! Watched them both a few times, thank you!....impressed with the chain hit!:drool:....

Question, this Udub is single tone? I'm considering it as a fast light dry/wet beach sweeper...as well as a wader/diver...

I have been hunting exclusively with multitone rigs and have gotten very comfortable with the high/mid/low tones....maybe too comfortable...I'm wondering if a guy could get used to single tone where everything sounds the same? Sure we dig it all on the beach, and out in the water, the targets can become so scarce it may not matter...but,

Is there any audio difference so a guy could tell a silver from a nickel? :shrug: Or even depth through the audio strength?
Mud

Nasty words, and suggestive post.

Mud...it is a bit of a switch from multi tones to single
Date: January 30, 2015 07:36AM
I am with you in using multi tone units almost all the time, but I do dig everything above iron at the beach, so the single tone UW is fine with me. Just have to set it up to crackle on nails and small iron while still giving a consistent solid signal on everything else.

You really can't tell a nickle from a dime, penny or quarter unless you set it up to crackle on a nickle...but upping the discrimination on these units does cause some depth loss.

As far as strength of audio versus depth, the deeper targets are small repeatable 'ticks' in the audio ( on the 8 inch coil model it's about at the 7+ inch mark on dimes and the 8+ inch mark on nickels and quarters...this in the wet sand). The shallower quarters in the 1-6 inch range sound off loud and solid.

For some reason, possibly due to the frequency of these models, they are hot on dimes. Never had a unit that sniffs out dimes better than my old Wader and this UW.

It would be cool, on the next version/model, that there was a tone break option. But now that they have solidified the headphones to make them fully sealed and truly waterproof, have an on board rechargeable battery and a more sturdy cable and connection, I can live with that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login