Findmall.com

DetectorPro Products Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Any release date for the underwater w/12" coil?N/T
Posted by: Sand dog
Date: March 09, 2015 09:48PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Re: Any release date for the underwater w/12" coil?
Posted by: finnfoto
Date: March 10, 2015 05:07AM
Last I heard was in April sometime. Give DetectorPro a call and speak with Gary. He can better help you with a dead line.

Posted by: mudpuppy
Date: March 10, 2015 06:16AM
:rofl: I bet theres a lot of us just sitting and watching wanting to know!:thumbup: Somebody ought to call and get the skinny and post it here, or Gary's phone will be ringing off the hook answering this same question!

...It would be nice to know a few details, aside from price and delivery, like is the first production run sold out to dealers yet? And if so, WHO!
Mud

Nasty words, and suggestive post.

Posted by: nagov
Date: March 10, 2015 06:48AM
I emailed Detector Pro on March 3rd, below is what I asked and the prompt return answer from Detector Pro. I'm sure they won't mind me passing this on since they were the ones answering the question. I did edit the response, I don't want to hold Detector Pro hostage on the price due to me posting what they answered in the email. I will say it is higher then the UW with the 8" coil... although since it is not on the streets yet, I'm sure things can change.
Cliff

Email questions:

I've been following the Findmall Detector Pro Forum for a few months now. I've seen the videos showing the UW w/12" coil in action and really have an interest in getting one of these when they hit the market. Is there any information that you can give out at this time as to when they will be available and if there is an option of having multiple coils for the UW. I really like the idea of the 12" coil for coverage but know there are times a smaller coil is good to have. Appreciate any info you can release at this time!

Detector Pro response:

We are hoping to have some within the next couple of months. (Price comment deleted). I am sorry there is no waterproof connector for interchangable. They are hard wired. I will put this E mail in a file and let you know when the 12 is available.

Walk near it, swing over it and understand what the machine is telling you....

Date: March 10, 2015 07:54AM
Thanks...
I keep going back and watching those 'Detectorcomparison' vids therover posted...:drool::drool: That gold chain and its speed over the buried rings?...well, I just dont know what to say..:yikes:.

Question: are the headphones stereo with a volume adjust on each ear? :shrug:
Mud

Posted by: nmarsh
Date: April 04, 2015 02:44PM
I talked to Gary on the phone the other day. He said the detector with the 12 inch coil would be out this spring and it would run around $1000.

Date: April 05, 2015 08:14AM
Thats the same thing Gary told me. In feb. Early april some time.

Posted by: Maui Mike
Date: April 12, 2015 09:44PM
Looking forward to it.... Love my UW.

We use ;
All of them...all brands...all the underwater models.

Posted by: Fletch88
Date: April 19, 2015 02:51AM
I've had underwater machines with 8", 10", and 12" coils and find the 8" to be perfect for maneuverability and coverage. I converted my Tiger shark to a 10.5 and don't like it as much as the 8". Why the big push for a 12" model?

Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, CORS Fortune 5.5x9.5
CTX 3030
Silver uMax- 8" Donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado

Date: April 19, 2015 05:41AM
Fletch,
For big beach sweeping...plus, some of us have been using 11" coils in the water/beach and sort of got used to the coverage...and then there was the vid showing how it hit on that small gold chain, so theres that too..:thumbup:
Mud

Date: April 20, 2015 04:08PM
The big push is marketing of corse. People saw the video and figure thats the one they want. lol 8'' would be perfect size for hu nting in trashy and beach area's Under water as well. Why bother with the extra money . Heck I modified a Pyle PHMD4 unit with a 8'' DP coil and had a mere $140. bucks. performed like a champ. Now if I manage to get it back from the ying yang that never paid me for it will be another story.

Posted by: Sven
Date: April 21, 2015 06:11PM
Fletch88
I've had underwater machines with 8", 10", and 12" coils and find the 8" to be perfect for maneuverability and coverage. I converted my Tiger shark to a 10.5 and don't like it as much as the 8". Why the big push for a 12" model?

DD coil and DD's handle mineralization better than the 8" concentric.
Supposedly, with the low frequency of the UW, handle small iron trash better than a concentric.

Quest Pro & Q40, Nokta Impact
Self built Mirage Pi's --- they work great in trashy areas!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2015 06:11PM by Sven.

Posted by: Ral
Date: April 25, 2015 06:30AM
I picked up a UW with the 12" coil the other day. Will let you know how it does when I get a chance to get to the beach.

Detectorpro UW with 12" NEL coil
AT-PRO
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro-Pointer
X-pointer.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login