Findmall.com

DetectorPro Products Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Does the UW with 8" coil hit gold chains like the 12" coil?
Posted by: Rick, N. MI
Date: April 24, 2015 10:07PM
I might be getting a water detector this summer. And am looking at the UW w/ 8" coil, the Tiger Shark w/ 8" coil and AT Gold. I've read the Tiger Shark will hit gold chains. I don't know about the UW or the AT Gold.

Rick

Re: Does the UW with 8" coil hit gold chains like the 12" coil?
Posted by: finnfoto
Date: April 26, 2015 07:41AM
All 3 will actually Depending on size of chain and how you have the unit disc set. At-gold is a great unit especially in fresh water and for highly mineralized soils. great unit for relics as well. Doesnt seem to handle the salt water like i's Fo the AT-PRO. The tigershark I can vouch for as I have had a few of them includeing stingrays as well. Very nice unit. 12khz. great for freshw ater hunting and very sensitive to the small gold items like rings and earrings . Chians will hit fairly well. also but again. If you want to pick up really thin gold chains , Tigershark will pretty much need to rub the chain over the coil and ball it into a ball . lol The detectorpro underwater with 12'' coil will pick up gold chains sure. Look at the video and look at the size of the chain . I would drop the at gold in the 3 listings you listed and take your pic between the tesoro or detectorpro. by the way remeber that 12'' coil will tend to egt a little heavy after a while of swinging it.

I'd stay with the 8'' on either unit. JMHO. :detecting:

:ukflag:Re: Does the UW with 8" coil hit gold chains like the 12" coil?
Posted by: JAN1
Date: June 10, 2015 03:45AM
Don't know about the underwater detector but, I have two Waders with both 8in and 12in coils as they are just about unavailable over here so I got another as a spare.
I much prefere the 8in version and it has found lots of Gold.
The 12in Wader is less balanced but I think goes deeper.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login