Findmall.com

DetectorPro Products Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
DP Pirate Pro and tot lot.
Posted by: ken ward
Date: July 09, 2015 02:56PM
What do you do on rainy days? You get the Pirate out and hit the tot lots. I did not have to go in to work till noon. Rain or not, I am going out. Went to a school playground. Could not run sens all the way up. Had some EMI from the school. Disc was set at 3. It done good for me. I only hunted for an hour. When this thing hit on a coin, it sure let you know it was their. The deeper the coin was the softerthe beep. Most of the coins was not very deep. I did have a few at least 5".
I got 2 Susan B dollars, 8 quarters, 3 dimes and 6 pennies. Also 3 forien coins. One fish tail charm. One Noahs arc that is. 925 silver.
Do I like this detector? Yes. Is it my favorite? I don't know. I have fun with my Compadre too.
The DP Pirate Pro is a darn good detector. I use it in the Philippines at the salt water beaches too. I dont go into the water with it. I will get into the wet salt sand. All I have to do is turn down the sens a little. If a wave hits my coil, it might chatter a little. Who needs them multieeeee freeeeek detectors when all you need is a DP.
I know a few people has asked a few questions on here about the Pirate. That is why I put this on today. Now, I will see if I can post my one hour finds I got in the rain.... Thanke for reading..... KEN,,,, from Ind...

My Detectors : Whites Surfmaster 2,,2 Tesoro Compadre,1 Detector Pro Pirate Pro 1 Silver uMaz, 1 Fisher 1266x

Re: DP Pirate Pro and tot lot.
Posted by: Fletch88
Date: July 10, 2015 08:19AM
Nice finds Ken! I'm going to try the DPhhUW on land when it's not 98 degrees! I used it snorkeling last Wednesday and was impressed with it in actual use. I had commented previously that it didn't seem very deep, but I was hitting 8-10" targets without any problem. Once I got the disc up enough to make the nails crackle it was very easy to tell when a target was worth digging. Nice, repeatable even tone!

Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, CORS Fortune 5.5x9.5
CTX 3030
Silver uMax- 8" Donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado

Date: July 10, 2015 03:05PM
Another thing I found out is the lower you turn your sens, you loose some depth... KEN,,, from Ind.

My Detectors : Whites Surfmaster 2,,2 Tesoro Compadre,1 Detector Pro Pirate Pro 1 Silver uMaz, 1 Fisher 1266x

Posted by: davidlhyde63366
Date: July 10, 2015 09:03PM
Came over to this forum to check your finds , definatly a good day.

Date: July 11, 2015 06:16PM
Thanks for stopping by Dave. I did have a good day while it was raining... KEN from. Ind.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login