Findmall.com

DetectorPro Products Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Detector Pro FAILS !!!
Posted by: drifterman
Date: September 17, 2015 10:26AM
Warning !! The quality of this companys headphones is pure crap compaered to a couple years ago !!
Three new sets of headphones this year and they all sound like muffled crap !
Returned them to my dealer with a descriptive letter on how they respond compared to older DP headphones and she sends them in to DP only to have them returned to her by the owner saying they are fine and a couple years ago they switched component suppliers and thats why they sound different, i think they went cheaper and thats why the audio quality is pure crap !
And for the owner to basicly tell his dealer shes stuck with the junk headphones is so chicken @#$%&, i'm glad she didnt do the same to me, that idiot at DP just helped sell thousands of dollars worth of Killer Bees as treasurer of my club this is all i will purchase for prizes and resale !

Re: Detector Pro FAILS !!!
Posted by: david bull
Date: September 21, 2015 08:49AM
I have a pair of "grey ghost deep woods " that I have used for years.Last summer I snapped one of the plastic pieces on the ear muffs and had to return them for repair.The repairs were done(both sides replaced) and my phones back within one week.I do have to flip a switch when I go from Whites to Minelab and there is a limit switch also.I would suggest calling the company yourself and personally address the problem you are having.My guess is that they would replace your phones with something compatible with your needs.

Posted by: lytle78
Date: September 21, 2015 02:35PM
Don't mean to pry Dman, but how old are you? Any chance your hearing has changed?

Just 'askin

Rick Kempf

Baloney :nono:
Posted by: Mr.Bill
Date: September 23, 2015 04:31PM
Did the audio change a bit, yes. It wasn't done to make the head set crappy, it was done to help keep inflation down. The transponder manufacture that made them, increased the cost 3 times as much. If you times that by 2, it would be an expensive increase on the retail product. Would you want to pay $20. to $30. increase on that detector ?

( PS: A lot of owners using the new DP product claim they felt is was a bit better in hearing deep gold items.)

Now just because you didn't like the sound of it why is it crappy ? Do they sound different, yes, I think your hearing may have gone south a bit also.

Your dealer was told exactly why they sounded different, no stories, no BS. What did you want Detector Pro to say, lie about it ?

(And for the owner to basicly tell his dealer shes stuck with the junk headphones is so chicken @#$%&, i'm glad she didnt do the same to me, that idiot at DP just helped sell thousands of dollars worth of Killer Bees as treasurer of my club this is all i will purchase for prizes and resale ! )

That person you so nasty referred to was the owner of the company. He would have bent over backwards to make you satisfied. I can personally vouch for that as I was one of his largest dealers of his product.

Mr. Bill

past owner of Surfscanner Detectors

Mr. Bill

Re: Baloney :nono:
Posted by: Knipper
Date: November 20, 2015 11:15PM
On the matter of components cost increase....

" If you times that by 2, it would be an expensive increase on the retail product. Would you want to pay $20. to $30. increase on that detector ?"

I assume you meant to say headphones instead of detector...

To answer the question, YES!! I would pay the additonal money to get a quality product. Too often I've seen mfgr's cut costs at the expense of quality, using the excuse "well, we just want to keep costs down for the customer". The problem with that philosophy, is that eventually, you are selling/making a product that doesn't do the job anymore. If the new components are only "cheaper" and don't enhance your product, or worse, makes the product inferior, you are looking at eventually losing your customer base because the product is now sub standard.
Winchester used the same argument for their rifles in 1964. They cheapened the product "so our customers can still afford it". That date still lives in infamy to anyone who appreciated their rifles prior to that...and oh...Winchester doesn't exist anymore as a gunmaker. Personally, I feel most of these "cost cutting" decisions are not made for the benefit of the customer, but to increase profits for the company.

Explain the cost increases to your customers...let them know you will not sacrifice quality by using less expensive components. The "pro's" out there will understand and pay, if the product is as good as it was in the past. Frankly, $150 for a pair of headphones is pretty stiff, but it's tougher to take when they don't sound very good! I feel I just wasted that money on a new pair of Black Widows, which have the poorest sound quality of any I've ever used (been detecting since '76). Yes, my hearing isn't what it was, but other brands manage to sound ok, so I'm fairly certain this is not a problem unique to me.

Terry Knipschield
SE Minnesota
Minelab SE Pro
Minelab Excalibur II
Troy X-5
Tesoro Tejon
Minelab E-trac

Posted by: pasttom
Date: November 29, 2015 09:02PM
No manufacturer would change parts to downgrade quality if it can be avoided. With thousands of people using a product there will always be some unhappy with the change. If you have an issue talk to Mr. Storm directly he is very accessible. He is a pioneer and hero in the industry and deserves respect. If the product is as bad as you say it will become change or die.

Pastor Tom
7 Minelabs, 3 Makros and a few others - rebuilding inventory
under the watchful eyes of my Welsh Corgi Sadie

Posted by: Mike Hillis
Date: February 10, 2016 11:21AM
I'm looking for a good pair of headphones was looking at the Black Widows. Actually came over here looking for cord lenght information as they don't post it as a spec.

However, If the Black Widows are out, what is the alternative?

HH
Mike

*****Fisher F75 LTD w/DST ***** Whites V3 ***** Teknetics G2+LTD ***** Tesoro Golden/Cleansweep combo *****Teknetics ETPro *****Teknetics Omega 8500***** Tesoro Golden Sabre II *****Tesoro Compadre *****

Posted by: pasttom
Date: February 10, 2016 12:40PM
Hi Mike, I checked a bit and found several dealer who have them in inventory. Checking on return policy is always a good idea, I know some have a 14 day, not sure of all dealers.
DetectorPro is a stand up company and Gary is highly respected. He has done right by me every time (3).
PM me if you want specifics.
Tom

Pastor Tom
7 Minelabs, 3 Makros and a few others - rebuilding inventory
under the watchful eyes of my Welsh Corgi Sadie

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login