Findmall.com

DetectorPro Products Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Pure junk, but a pretty ring ... and a wonderfull time at the beach
Posted by: tvr
Date: September 27, 2015 12:18PM
Got home late last night from a week in Panama City Beach. Packed the Wader and HH Pulse, just like last year. HH Pulse got all but an hour of the hunting. Also, just like last year, got a pretty ring that, on close look, is junk metal. When the gold came out of the scoop, it just looked too smooth and shiny; it was!

All the hunting was in the water. I left the chair and towel line to a couple of others I saw detecting. They reported getting more clad than I did, but no rings. The water was nearly flat every day last week. Gliding trough the water looking for low spots, partly to mostly supported by the calm water, was easy on my back. Made the week very refreshing.

All the bottle caps went in the trash before flying home but were counted. Totals came out as 197 tabs, 209 bottle caps and $3.80 in change. Have one worn wheat penny in the clad.

Here are a couple of pictures.
Cheers,
tvr

Re: Pure junk, but a pretty ring ... and a wonderfull time at the beach
Posted by: Miser67
Date: September 27, 2015 06:51PM
I hope you enjoyed your time at the beach. I was always sad that DP stopped making the Pulse. It was a great machine. I regret selling mine.

As always, any post I make here is solely my opinion based on my own experience and knowledge. Feel free to disagree.

Posted by: JAN1
Date: September 28, 2015 07:34AM
Looks like you had a good time at the beach. Sound like the stuff I find, went out yesterday and found similar items, I also had a man's Tungsten ring which I shall pass onto someone who is getting married. Things are bad at the moment in Cornwall as there seems to be very deep sand on evey beach I go to, so I shall have to wait until the winter storms start.
Went down one of my beaches last week to look for a ring a man had told me about which he had lost and was very valuable, I found mainly modern coins about £5.50 and an old Halfcrown which is very worn but on checking I could just make out ANNA with an old portrait so it is a Queen Anne of about 1709.

Posted by: SWOhioHunter
Date: September 29, 2015 04:57PM
Pretty sure I met you there at Panama City Beach. I remember you showing me those two rings. I ended up with $5.82 in clad, one piece of junk jewelry, an aluminum tag of some sorts, and I found the fork to match your spoon. Pretty sure my bottle cap and pull tab numbers would have been close to yours but I'm too lazy to count. Couldn't have asked for better weather at the beach. Nice talking metal detecting with you. Good luck hunting.

Posted by: tvr
Date: September 29, 2015 05:50PM
Miser67,
Saw a used one for sale recently and almost bought it as a back up. It sold fast. Yes it is too bad the HH Pulse is no longer being made.

JAN1.
Hope some of your deep sand clears out sooner rather than later!

SWOhioHunter,
I recall you talking about the three piece pendant and the fork! Nice to see a picture!! It was a beautiful week weather wise for detecting. A bit sanded in, but there were a few lower and firmer spots out in the water. Should be getting close to time for autumn leaf colors for you.

Cheers,
tvr

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login