Findmall.com

DetectorPro Products Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Largest find of the year.
Posted by: JAN1
Date: October 07, 2015 04:17AM
Just thought that I would show my largest find of the year. It was uncovered for a couple of days in the spring. It has now been totally buried again. It was on a beach called Boobies bay in Cornwall, the rest of the ship is nearby. More information can be had on the internet.

Re: Largest find of the year.
Posted by: Miser67
Date: October 07, 2015 12:13PM
What was the ship called and when did it wreck?

As always, any post I make here is solely my opinion based on my own experience and knowledge. Feel free to disagree.

Posted by: tvr
Date: October 07, 2015 04:23PM
Here is one report:
Boobies Bay shipwreck

Posted by: ROBOCOP
Date: November 02, 2015 05:07AM
I like the name of that beach.

ROBOCOP

Posted by: finnfoto
Date: November 08, 2015 07:45AM
YAAAAARRRRRRRR. on to a major find mate. Keep us posted. especially like to see some dubloons and reales. :clapping:

Date: November 10, 2015 10:37AM
Just back from the same beach, masses of sand still there.
Last year on the same beach a man came over and asked if I knew what the coin was he found. Turned out it was what they call in Cornwall a pillar dollar, which I think is a 8reale silver coin dated 1741.

Date: November 13, 2015 05:26PM
Very interesting. Are you running your detectorpro or possibly a pi unit?

Date: November 14, 2015 06:51AM
The machine I was using was one of the old DP Waders which I have had for years.
My main detecting is done on our very rocky beaches, I don't think any other coil would stand up to the hard knocks it gets by being banged on the Granite all day long, especially when working the long narrow gullies. Paired with a Vibra probe 580 I have had up to 200 lg fishing weights in a day and 158 coins in another day as the tides seem to sort the coins into certain areas.
I bought a nearly new Wader with the larger coil at auction as a spare as they are very rare in Britain for about £160 but it is not as well balanced as the 8in coil, last year I took it down the beach and found 2 large Gold rings in six hours.
Storms now started so it may improve the detecting by stripping the summer sand off the beaches.

Date: November 21, 2015 07:40AM
Sounds like pirate treasure to be found. cool.:thumbup:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login