Findmall.com

DetectorPro Products Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
DetectorPro Underwater air test
Posted by: robert4666
Date: November 29, 2015 12:38PM
Hi,
OK. This is what I have found out so far with my air test. First let me start of by saying that I run my Sens right at the top edge of 9 and my Disc around 3 to 4 with my volume all the way up. With the Sens at that setting it does cause the UW to run just a little hot but not much. It does cause a little bit of light chatter but not much or at least not to me since I'm used to running a pi machine with the constant humming of the threshold. Not being on the beach it was more noticeable due to the lack of ambient sound (wind, crash of the waves, etc.) and being indoors where there is more EMI to contend with.

One thing that I did notice is that when I silenced the slight chatter (Disc just passed 8) I lost 2 inches of detection in the air test. I could only hit the quarter at 11" in the air test running hot and and 9" running silent. At the beach I'm hitting quarters at 12".

Let me explain:
Running hot = a break in the slight chatter like a break in the hum of a pi machine.

Running silent = a soft faint sound.

Discrimination test:
In the air test once you reach 5.5 in the Disc you start losing thin 10k rings.

Does anyone have any other notes on this?
Thanks.

Present: Tesoro Sand Shark, Tiger Shark, Tejon, Golden uMax, Silver uMax. White's Surf Master PI Dual Field, Beach Hunter ID 300, MXT Pro, Matrix M6. Fisher 1280-x Aquanaut. DetectorPro Underwater. Teknetics Delta 4000.

Previously: White's v3i. Teknetics T2, Alpa 2000. Tesoro Vaquero, Outlaw. Minelab Excalibur 1000, Explorer SE Pro, X-Terra 705. Blisstool v3. Fisher cz21, 1225-x, F2. White's BeachHunter ID 300. Nokta Velox One. Garrett AT Pro. Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505 Pro. Treasure Commander TC2X. MP Series MP3 Pro. Makro Racer.

Re: DetectorPro Underwater air test
Posted by: robert4666
Date: November 29, 2015 02:38PM
CORRECTION --- Where it says Disc just passed eight I lost 2" of detection... It should say turning Sens down just passed eight I lost 2" of detection in the air test.

Posted by: finnfoto
Date: December 03, 2015 09:21AM
Thanks Robert for the info. I notice you run kinda a high disc. of 3-4? I only run at just enough to give me a faint crack over Iron. I miss no small gold at this setting. I can even hit a small earring stud the size of a BB at about an inch and a half. Which works for me any day as diamond studs are still worth somthing. LOL

Are you running the stock 8'' or do you have the big D,Dcoil? Even at 12'' on a quarter with the 8'' coil thats awesome.

Little different then your PI unit indeed but alot of fun.

Keep experimenting with your settings mate, You will find that happy medium. I had to make a minor trim pot adjustment to my underwater as I bought it used but it was cranked way up on the sensitivity pot so bad I could hardly run the unit. Now its fine.

:detecting:

Posted by: ANTI21
Date: February 24, 2016 04:14PM
Hello I just want to ask that this is air test was it with the 12" Nel tornado coil?
This coil is running at 3Khz?

Posted by: nmarsh
Date: August 30, 2016 08:22PM
what coil do you have on your detector pro underwater that you air tested? the stock coil? Have you used this tiorelic hunt?Do you know how it would do finding relics? Thanks, Norm Marsh

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login