Findmall.com

DetectorPro Products Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Do Garrett seahunter mark 2 coils work on an DetectorPro HH PI
Posted by: DirtyJohn
Date: January 29, 2016 05:26PM
I was told they work on the HH PI. Is that true?

Is the connector the same, or do I have to modify it?

HH
John

Re: Do Garrett seahunter mark 2 coils work on an DetectorPro HH PI
Posted by: finnfoto
Date: January 30, 2016 08:41AM
John youll need to do a litle modification . Pulse induction detectors run on a mono type coil.

modification being a splice and solder modification of cable wire to cable wire. I would consider it a last resort if you can't find any HHpi coils tho

Have you called Gary at DP. and asked him if he may have any ?

if not. Thats my choice.

I'm building another pi unit now . Have made a few coils as well.

Posted by: Old California
Date: February 07, 2016 08:29PM
Hello John,

I've got a few HH Pi's, to be honest never new Garrett Mark 2 coils work with the HH PI until you mentioned it the other day. Have tried various coils including DD coils with my HH Pi's, had to splice a lead if I remember correctly. The DD coils work but lost some sensitivity, they did help statiblize the PI in extremely tough ocean surf though.

If you would like me to test a coil for you, send me the coil and if it does work I'll solder on the connector and send it back to you.

The only problem I see is the coil cable being too short? Normally, HH PI cables are long unless someone modifies the cable to accommodate a Pi project.

Paul

AKA..Paul (Ca)

Whites GoldMaster BFO
Compass Klodike BFO
Bountyhunter BFO
FisherScope TR
Metrotech TR
Detectron TR
Rayscope TR
Mity Mite TR
Garrett BFO
D-Tex BFO
Goldak TR
Relco BFO
Jecto BFO
Teknetics
Roach TR

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2016 08:34PM by Old California.

Posted by: DirtyJohn
Date: February 08, 2016 11:43AM
Old California
Hello John,

I've got a few HH Pi's, to be honest never new Garrett Mark 2 coils work with the HH PI until you mentioned it the other day. Have tried various coils including DD coils with my HH Pi's, had to splice a lead if I remember correctly. The DD coils work but lost some sensitivity, they did help statiblize the PI in extremely tough ocean surf though.

If you would like me to test a coil for you, send me the coil and if it does work I'll solder on the connector and send it back to you.

The only problem I see is the coil cable being too short? Normally, HH PI cables are long unless someone modifies the cable to accommodate a Pi project.

Paul
Thanks Paul,
I appreciate the offer. I don't have a Garrett coil yet. I was thinking of getting one to try it out. I've heard they work but also heard they won't work so I have a decision to make I guess.
Thanks again,
HH
John

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login