Findmall.com

DetectorPro Products Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
DetectorPro Headhunter"Wader" bought used February 2016 First Outing Gold
Posted by: Hiker
Date: February 20, 2016 03:09PM
I started metal detecting in 1990, I bought a Whites Eagle 2 SL90 that year. It was the top of the line detector back in the day. I pulled it out of mothballs in the year 2015. I attended a San Diego metal detecting club meeting in 2015 and when I responded to the "What kind of metal detector do you have" question the person responded "Oh, I'm sorry". Well, that was naive! My best finds over the years, and since I have resumed the hobby this past year, have been the result of research and skills. Luck and the type of machine, yes, that plays a part but not a big part.

I bought a used DetectorPro Headhunter"Wader" last week, I wanted a beach unit to try instead of my trusty 1990 year Whites Eagle 2 SL90, which, by the way does quite well in wet sand. The Wader has proven to be a VERY good machine! Last night I found lots of various targets at a San Diego beach pier that has been "hunted" out. One of the Wader finds was a gold bracelet. Once again, the success was a combination of machine, research, timing and luck....the combination is a team. By the way, in the same pier area I found an older .925 Siler and QZ ring, silver Woodstock charm, a divers watch at one foot deep (still ticking with the hours offset from daylight savings time) and coins from the late sixties (no silver coins). I also found a $400 Tiffany's silver bracelet with the "OH, I'm sorry" Whites Eagle 2 SL90 metal detector.

Re: DetectorPro Headhunter"Wader" bought used February 2016 First Outing Gold
Posted by: finnfoto
Date: February 23, 2016 04:15AM
Very cool . Congrats on your finds.

:ukflag:Re: DetectorPro Headhunter"Wader" bought used February 2016 First Outing Gold
Posted by: JAN1
Date: March 30, 2016 05:05AM
Great find with a great machine.
My Wader is about 7 years old and gets hammered on the rocks for 4 hours at a time and still shows no ill effects over such a long time.
The only thing I have done to it is to put a lenght of 1in plumming pipe on the lower shaft fixed with gaffer tape to make it a lot stronger so I can use it as a walking stick when detecting on wet rocks.
I have a Minelab SE Pro for land use but I much prefer to go down the beach with the wader.
On a quick trip last week down the beach I found a lot of old coins including Victorian pennies, George V shilling and 6d. The oldest coin being an 1866 halfpenny and a 1935 1/2d in near perfect condition.

Date: March 30, 2016 06:54PM
Very nice.

Date: March 30, 2016 06:55PM
Very nice. That's an awesome rock

Posted by: Old California
Date: March 31, 2016 10:40PM
Outstanding! That's one pretty ring, a beauty for sure.

I was at San Diego pier about two years ago, was sanded in. Beautiful area, keep up the hunt!

Congrats,
Paul

AKA..Paul (Ca)

Whites GoldMaster BFO
Compass Klodike BFO
Bountyhunter BFO
FisherScope TR
Metrotech TR
Detectron TR
Rayscope TR
Mity Mite TR
Garrett BFO
D-Tex BFO
Goldak TR
Relco BFO
Jecto BFO
Teknetics
Roach TR

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login