Findmall.com

DetectorPro Products Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Pistol Probe 9V battery
Posted by: rejeanmontreal
Date: February 21, 2016 07:23AM
I just order a Detectorpro Pistolprobe, and i want to know what brand of 9V battery are you using in your Pistolprobe ? Duracell Coppertop or Energizer ? Can i use 9V rechargeable batteries to power the Pistolprobe ? How many hours you get from 9V 2 batteries ? I want to use my Pistolprobe as a stand alone PI metal detector for using under stairs, bleachers etc, where my normal metal detector cannot go.....
Thank you all in advance for your help, greatly appreciated..
Happy hunting...
Rejean

Re: Pistol Probe 9V battery
Posted by: C.J.M.
Date: February 22, 2016 07:54PM
I have my pistol probe and have used lots of different alkalines batteries and never any problems just keep with the main brands.I had two main pin-pointers garrets and detector pro.which is MUCH deeper than the garrets pin-pointer.:thumbup:

Pistol Probe 9V battery
Posted by: Rich (Utah)
Date: May 04, 2016 10:25PM
Rejean - I currently have an energizer in the Pistol Probe. I have never tried using a rechargeable in it as I get A LOT of hunts per battery. The probe is only ON when you push the Pinpoint button so there is no wasted energy there and batteries have lasted a long time. My DPPP requires a small phillips head screw driver to access the battery compartment, so i keep one in my equipment bag.

I do get some interference between my DPPP and my e-trac and have to keep the e-trac search coil off in the other direction when pin pointing.

The pin pointer finds targets up to 3" deep pretty easily and I will often use the DPPP to finalize pinpointing surface finds that I loosely pinpoint with my detector. It makes picking up surface finds a jiffy. As for using it for hunting under bleachers, I would have to look at the bleacher arrangement (metal?) to decide how i would best tackle that issue and if I was going to be hunting under the bleachers frequently.

Rich (Utah)

* etrac * racer 2 * mojave * eq 800 * . . and others *

1st day of detecting school . . . . . . . . . . . .

Re: Pistol Probe 9V battery
Posted by: donlor4u
Date: May 08, 2016 06:15AM
when i got my pistol probe a few years back i air tested it & was only getting about 2" so i was not happy. called dectorpro & was told to use an energizer battery - did so & got 4" in the air test! can't understand this but i only use energizers now.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login