Findmall.com

DetectorPro Products Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
freq. of detector pros
Posted by: jimmy clark
Date: February 26, 2016 08:58PM
new to fourm with question. wonder why det. pros units all or lower freq. you would thank they would make, at least some with higher freq.after all they would work a little better on gold, esp. small gold. an ant that what were after.i do know 2.5 freq. works ok,on gold, but would not a higher freq, work better? I don't own one know, but thanking about getting one.

Re: freq. of detector pros
Posted by: finnfoto
Date: February 27, 2016 07:39AM
You may be surprised. That little 2.4 khz unit handles silver and gold actually just fine for beach hunting. especially with the new 12inch NEL coil. I know of 2 guys who run the NEL coil on there under water and have dug over 2 feet in the wet sand in Florida . To me thats impressive. Understand the higher the frequency like 12khz and up are good performance frequency for what they call Micro jewelry hunting. Small stuff like earrings and such. if your looking for a unit that will hit small stud earrings and thing gold chains. Well Not many on the market that can lay that claim to fame and besides something that minute of a piece of gold or silver is worth how much? LOL

If you want a great unit thats lite weight can be used in both fresh and salt water with good depth as most coins are dug between 3 to 6 inches.

By all means grab a detectiorpro unit and see how you like it. You may be surprised. Watch a few of the youtube videos as well and see what you think. There are many to view .

Posted by: ANTI21
Date: February 27, 2016 11:23AM
The 12 inch Nel coil is specially designed for this machine? 2,4khz Do I right?

Date: February 27, 2016 11:51AM
Ive been hunting in fresh water for 18 years. ive found over 300 gold rings, and about that many silver. ive used a stingray, cz20, a det. pro pirate,which to me just didn't have it.i now use a tigershark, and a ace 150 mounted on a straw pit helmant.with the electronics mounted on one side and the batterys on the other, and to me, it works as good as anything ive used in fresh water.but im sure the new U.W. would be a good one.P.S.i use double hair nets over the electronics to protect them from splashes.i just love to build thangs and make them work.

Posted by: finnfoto
Date: February 29, 2016 09:20AM
Sounds cool Jimmy. welcome to the wonderful world of tinkering. lol You need to venture over to the tesoro forum and have a look at the recent headphone build I completed. You may want to give that a try. :thumbup:

Date: February 29, 2016 09:44PM
hi finnfoto. do you use this setup water hunting,and does it work good?

Posted by: JAN1
Date: March 02, 2016 04:52AM
If you want to see what a DP Wader can find, have a look at the Detector company home page at the latest newsletter and have a look at the Gold coin I found with my Wader.
Also found two large 9kt Gold rings in a 6hr period on one of our local beaches.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login