Findmall.com

DetectorPro Products Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
A Seven Hour Lake Hunt gets Silver
Posted by: scott.f
Date: June 05, 2016 12:43PM
I went out on Friday and spent 7 hours in a lake detecting with the Detectorpro Underwater and my Sand Shark Pi. Had a fun day, great weather and a few fun bling finds. The Underwater gave me a bit of trouble with falsing so I used the Pi detector a lot but the underwater was fun to use and did get my best finds despite being unstable. I have emailed Detectorpro and I am sure they will get me sorted out on it.

Anyway, here's a shot of the loot for the day.....

and a link to my video on you tube...
June 3 Lake Hunt

Re: A Seven Hour Lake Hunt gets Silver
Posted by: finnfoto
Date: June 06, 2016 11:55AM
Congrats on your finds. Keep us posted on your underwater . I had an issue with falseing on my unit and it was a simple fix.

Date: June 06, 2016 03:36PM
Finfoto, sounds like the issue I am having. False signals like mad, very unstable. My old Diver model was much more stable.

Posted by: Cos
Date: June 14, 2016 03:02PM
Finnfoto-What was the simple fix you referred to in your post? From time-to-time I get some falsing or chirping with my Underwater unit, but after I move to another area it will go away. I am using the unit in only freshwater lakes. I am wondering if it is because I come upon some black sand or mineralized lake bottom that causes it in certain areas of the lakes that I hunt.

Date: June 17, 2016 08:15AM
I was running mine in freshwater lakes as well with some rock iron on the bottom surface of the swimming areas. With a disc setting of 3 I was getting falseing everytime I bumpred the coil on the bottom. So experimenting a bit I turned it up even higher to around 6 sae scenario. So figureing since the unit was used and I bought it from another guy who claimed it worked really well in the Carib. I did what most wouldnt do. I took out the screws and adjusted the sensitivity trim pot back . until the crackle stopped.

Obviously mine was adjusted higher then need be from the factory. Now I did this adjustment with the outside control knob turned to max and then made the internal adjustment . doesnt take much . Id suggest if you do this you mark where your current pot setting is with a perm marker. you can either go clockwise and get more crackle or back it off. you will beable to tell . Mine I could honestly bump the coil with my hand before adjusting and it would signal.

Hope this helps.

Ray Sam W.

Date: June 17, 2016 09:35AM
Interesting solution Ray. I sent mine back in on warranty and it is on its way back. Gary at Detectorpro has been great about replying to questions and got it repaired and on its way back real quick. Not sure I would have the courage to open mine up myself.

Date: June 17, 2016 11:43AM
I wouldnt recomend it if under warranty of corse. My unit was used and I like to tinker and build so I had no issues with it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login